Destroyer of Worlds

Default Content updates taking forever?

When the errata update hit, I let War Room update for over half an hour. Then I gave up, uninstalled the app and reinstalled to get it back fully updated. Today's update has been downloading for 15 mins or so already, looks like it will go the same way.

Is there anything I should know? I use an iPad Air 2, fully up to date (as is War Room, other than today's update), connected via wifi. Signal is good, any other data getting downloaded goes fast. How long should it take for War Room to download today's new content?

Destroyer of Worlds

Same again after today's update (though I didn't wait more than 5 mins this time). Am I to assume I'll be having to reinstall the app with every update?

Destroyer of Worlds

Mine seemed to be stuck updating. I restarted my phone, and it started normally, and seems to be updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sathoon View Post
    I'm starting to see proteus as the golden retriever/collie cross of the legion beast 'vean' family: he's very loyal if a little soft round the edges at times, likes to herd other dragonspawn, and is always dragging things back to his warlock's army line looking for praise.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by vaildin View Post
    Mine seemed to be stuck updating. I restarted my phone, and it started normally, and seems to be updated.
    Tried that with my iPad (insofar as closing and opening it counts as restarting, it's not really the same I think), didn't work. When I tap the app it immediately shows the "downloading content" icon again. Reinstalling on the other hand doesn't take more than 10-15 secs, and it installs the updated version. Having to log in again and downloading my data from the cloud each time is the annoying bit. Login timed out three times before going through earlier.

Destroyer of Worlds lobachevskii's Avatar

I've fixed this issue by closing the app and restarting it (i.e. explicitly stopping it, not just coming out of it).

I think it's hanging due due to the PDF update again.

I have the same problem, every content update wants to load forever. But just closing the app and restarting it fixes it for me, and I get it fully functional and updated.