Default Is anything mined along the coast-side of Cygnar?

I've got a game this weekend and have an idea. But its contingent on there being mining operations between Mercir and Highpoint. If not, I'll have to shelve the idea til later and come up with something else.

The past few games were investigative and story-ish, so I'd like to provide a break from that for now. At least, until the next part
    "And remember; if you can't be a good sport, don't play!" ~Fred Guzman

You can probably put small/medium mining operations nearly anywhere. If it isn't gold and silver it is coal, or sulfur or plenty of other things. Or even just rock quarries perhaps trying to get down to a certain type of rock or something. A mining operation doesn't have to be huge. Could be something relatively small. Here are some ideas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining

You could even get more fantastical and have the mines digging for artifacts or even Cryx digging for who knows what. They could be natural mines that are being expanded, cephalyx, etc. So many ideas.
    -Mordekiem

Chalk mines, from the ancient sea coast of Cygnar, like minig the white cliffs of Dover.
    R.I.P. Greedo1379 (1980-2006)...We'll miss you.

Creator of Words PPS_Dougseacat's Avatar

There would absolutely be mines between Mercir and Highgate.

Just brainstorming and building on Mordekiem's suggestions, but on the more fantastical side, the coast seems to have been home to many clashes between Cryx raiders and the Iron Kingdoms, so there might be Cryx mining operations for necrotite (i.e., coal deposits underneath battlefields where lots of people have died -- somehow the Cryx transform it into necrotite vs. just being ordinary coal).

Or, since I'm fairly sure I've read in a few places that Orgoth ruins are found in greater frequency toward the western side of West Immoren, I could imagine a "mining" operation into old Orgoth ruins. For instance, one big feature of Orgoth ruins is the mysterious "Orgoth black stone" (mentioned in Full Metal Fridays -- http://files.privateerpress.com/iron...days_1.3.4.pdf ), that is described as "nearly indestructible," to the point where massive explosives are required to break it (and at that point, you'd likely ruin whatever was inside that you were trying to get to). If it has such remarkable properties, I could see there being some value in taking a more measured approach to disassemble an Orgoth catacomb, to remove the precious and ridiculously durable stone blocks, to transport them elsewhere for construction of a fortress or vault or other defensive structure. Of course, the whole process would be fraught with peril, since successfully removing a black stone block might be accompanied by the release of undead horrors on the other side, or the triggering of some sort of trap, or even magical mayhem. But, hey, such operations might still carry on in Khador, because it's all for the sake of the Motherland.

Thank you everyone!

I'll keep it more mundane right now (coal, chalk, etc) just because we're still early in the campaign. Not everything has to be O-M-G-EPIC at this point.

Thanks again for the help! This Saturday night's game was a nice little dungeon... er... mine crawl as the players cleared out shaftwights.

1. The nature of the shaftwights gave me something to hint about the mine's history, and gave the players something to find at the end.

2. The fact it was coal actually gave a reason for the foreman to recruit the players more than just financial gain. Since it was in Cygnar? Yeah, the coal was for the military and was making them behind schedule. Lets be honest - most periods you'll be playing in for the IKRPG aren't exactly peaceful :3

3. It was a perfectly good adventure between campaign/story-centric episodes.

Much appreciated