Default The Decimator will never receive a point discount

Sorta clickbaity, but I do think it probably will not.

The problem is that its in the battle box, and I already hear of people that complain that its too good as a battle box because its a jack team with no flaws.

So Either the Decimator received its needed points discount by two points and confuses players, or B the decimator gets a buff and the battle box gets skewed more in khadors favor then before.

How exactly would dropping Decimator's point cost by, say, 2 points have any impact on the dynamics of the battle boxes, if all else remain equal? I'm not sure what's the situation right now but I'm pretty sure that Mk.II Battle Boxes were not equal in points.

And how Jugg+Deci-combo doesn't have flaws? Did the last errata give them SPD6, DEF12+ with Arc Nodes and (somehow) higher head count than two models? :P

Still, I don't think Decimator will be touched any time soon. Spriggan might be more likely because it must be one of the least used non-character Khador Warjack. Maybe Berserker if/when hardly anyone uses any Berserker-chassis jacks?

If they really are that concerned about keep ALL battleboxes to be zero'd out, it is possible they drop the decimator by 1 and increase the jugg by 1........but god I hope not.

Destroyer of Worlds Evil Necromancer's Avatar

Balancing a jack in relation to the horrible battle box balance it's just a bad idea. He doesn't need a point discount, he need a buff in range.

I probably agree, it's a bit of a pitty that PP decided to keep the Battleboxes at 0 points, I understand why but at the same time I think it could have been a good idea to present more 'army boxes' instead of 'start out' and buy everything else seperate. If I recall correctly the limited Army Deals where a massive success, now I'm not asking for the same great prices that those boxes went for but I am asking for a comparable product.

However I think that the Decimator will indeed remain 16 points. Likewise I don't know if there are plans for the Spriggan etc at all. Berserker/Mad Dog went too much up last Errata so I hope they'll also rectify that.

The one issue I have with Mk 3 so far is that the Errata's arn't that great which is something I hope will change with the player input comming this year and on. Player input that is shared however because I know the 'brilliant' forum minds also wanted to put Berserker and Mad Dog at 9 and call it a day... See where that lead us?...

I'd love to see the decimator get a slight gun buff. No AOE with RAT 4 is pretty terrible.

I'd love a *attack that allows only one shot, but gives +2 to the attack roll with a reroll.

And also grievous wounds on the saw blade. It's a warjack sized chainsaw!

I'd like to see some kind of burst fire maybe? But i think its too much. It only want a SMALL boost. Maybe allowing beatback to allow movement in any direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Day Two Back From Vacation
    Dear Diary, Someone posted a thing about errata. I got the forums arguing about cartoons instead. 2017 is going to be alright.
    Sincerely,
    Me

Ive got the battle box, and it's fun. I like it. I love the Deci, but the RAT 4 sucks. He gets two shots, along with beat back. When it hits it hits hard. Well from my experiences.

Destroyer of Worlds KingAceNumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianXIII View Post
    I'd love to see the decimator get a slight gun buff. No AOE with RAT 4 is pretty terrible.

I'd love a *attack that allows only one shot, but gives +2 to the attack roll with a reroll.

And also grievous wounds on the saw blade. It's a warjack sized chainsaw!
    I'd love to see G.W. on the saw (which is technically a circular saw, not a chainsaw ;P) and I'd really like something that gives a boost when shooting at the same target, like whatever that rule is that the wold shrimp have. +1 to hit/damage with each subsequent shot if it targets the same model as the first or something similar. Gives it some nice sustained firepower and gives Hark a reason to broadside.
    "Nothing teaches a lesson like the sting of defeat."

All I want is P+S 18 back. For Torch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Samurai View Post
    All I want is P+S 18 back. For Torch as well.
    For Torch i think its more important, he really can only go after softer targets. Hopefully with a decimator you knocked off some boxes with that big gun. I like running Torch with strakov still, a nice superiority target, charges in flames something, takes a few punches, triggers over run. Depending on board state he uses it, gets deeper, or he lets Ruin use it, and Torch sprints away to repeat the next turn. But this only works on softer targets because torch is hard pressed to one round, most heavies now days.

The way I see the decimator is that if he's trying to shoot something with his gun, he's out of range to charge it, which is impossible, because I run decimators with Strakhov.

So the decimator is always busy with his saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius_Maximus View Post
    Karchev
    8 x warjacks
    Gains Advance Move

"I'm playing the Winter Guard Theme"

Quote Originally Posted by Druzhina_Dropout View Post
    If they really are that concerned about keep ALL battleboxes to be zero'd out, it is possible they drop the decimator by 1 and increase the jugg by 1........but god I hope not.
    I thought it was already announced that Titans were going to change in cost, thus affecting the Skorne BB point total? Or am I imagining this?

Give it Imprint: Powerful attack.

So if you fill it up you can put two fully boosted shots out, done, worth 16 points now.

Annihilator

I like him.

I shoot something twice, then charge it with the juggernaut. The juggernaut kills it, something kills the juggernaut, I charge that thing with the decimator. Very satisfying.

So long as you don't stick him on the field without any buddies, the deci is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraz View Post

So long as you don't stick him on the field without any buddies, the deci is okay.
    It's not even possible.

Unless you play Old Witch. Then it would be rules legal. And so dysfunctional it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ell View Post
    The way I see the decimator is that if he's trying to shoot something with his gun, he's out of range to charge it, which is impossible, because I run decimators with Strakhov.

So the decimator is always busy with his saw.
    If you are not using the gun, why are you not just taking juggernauts instead????

My problem is that the Deci Is OK, but its not 2 points better then the destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    If you are not using the gun, why are you not just taking juggernauts instead????
    I can see some merit in auto-hitting attacks, but not 4 points worth of merit except in some niche situations, and in those situations you'd probably also use the gun.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by RedCommander View Post
    It's not even possible.

Unless you play Old Witch. Then it would be rules legal. And so dysfunctional it's not even funny.
    Just because you have two jacks in your army, doesn't mean you have them cooperate on the field.

Sometimes I team up the deci with the juggernaut, sometimes with some uhlans, sometimes with eliminators. It's just with his range, if he shoots something it can likely charge him, so he really wants something to screen him if you want to shoot stuff. I like it because it lets him still do things while acting as a second or third line.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraz View Post
    Just because you have two jacks in your army, doesn't mean you have them cooperate on the field.

Sometimes I team up the deci with the juggernaut, sometimes with some uhlans, sometimes with eliminators. It's just with his range, if he shoots something it can likely charge him, so he really wants something to screen him if you want to shoot stuff. I like it because it lets him still do things while acting as a second or third line.
    True, true. However, if you field more than one jack in a list, why wouldn't you make them cooperate? I mean, apart from the opponent disrupting, crippling, debuffing or outright destroying the other jack(s)? Or if you get really out manuevered in scenario play because the opposition is some kind of tactical genius...? My experience is that a lone warjack will get most likely destroyed if the opposition brings more than one of the same caliber.

One needs to only play a few games until one understand the trade game of warjacks. After that, if the jacks aren't cooperating, something is going wrong. Most likely because the opposition succeeded to make it go wrong.
    Last edited by RedCommander; 01-14-2017 at 10:22 PM.

I really like the idea of it receiving a range buff. If the gun was range 12, I think the Decimator would be in a pretty good place.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by RedCommander View Post
    True, true. However, if you field more than one jack in a list, why wouldn't you make them cooperate? I mean, apart from the opponent disrupting, crippling, debuffing or outright destroying the other jack(s)
    Well if there's a zone here and a zone there, sometimes I want to contest both. So I'll send in one warjack into one zone and another into another zone.

Or I'm playing a list with Behemoth and a juggernaut. So Big B will hang back and take potshots at infantry and solos and stuff and the juggernaut will wreck some warjack.

Or I have two targets that I want to attack, so one warjack attacks the first and second warjack attacks the other one.

My Vlad2 list contains a Jug and a Deci.
    I feel like most people overlook the beat back on the Decimators gun - it's literally won me games on scenario when opponents 'toe in' and I blow them right back out.

EDIT: That being said increasing its points slightly for powerful attack as suggested above or reducing its points and leaving it as is might make it more well liked.

Destroyer of Worlds Grey Templar's Avatar
    Umbrey, wracking Heretics while Vlad's not looking

Battleboxes aren't supposed to be balanced. They're just a cheap way to get a handful of jacks and a caster and have some learning games(where balance isn't important).

Dropping it by 1 point and increasing the Juggernaut by 1 would be a fair way to fix balance and keep the battlebox even if that is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    I have touched this man's Durst. I can tell you it is legit.
    The Protectorate's Official Cheer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyalas View Post
    Make 'em run! Make 'em burn!
    Make 'em wracks until they learn!
    Proooooo-tectorate!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Templar View Post
    Battleboxes aren't supposed to be balanced. They're just a cheap way to get a handful of jacks and a caster and have some learning games(where balance isn't important).

Dropping it by 1 point and increasing the Juggernaut by 1 would be a fair way to fix balance and keep the battlebox even if that is important.
    DO NOT TOUCH JUGGERNAUTS.

Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_GoLu View Post
    We always were the good guys. But sometimes being good requires being good with an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by HRM View Post

Seriously.
    Seriously.
    Seriously Casual Khanadian.

Quote Originally Posted by HRM View Post

Seriously.
    Yeah. The current situation is totally okay.

Quote Originally Posted by BubblezCJ View Post
    Seriously.
    Letgo my Juggo.

No touch.