Conqueror

Default Returning and Looking For Faction Advice

I've been away for quite a while, after dabbing a bit way back in Mk 1. I have some Khador, troll and mercenary figures.

As a player, I like the KISS principle. So I'm looking for some quick advice on a simple, punch in the face style army.

To be honest, I do really like Khador's jacks, like many others.

Thanks in advance.

Khador would seem like a good fit. They run jacks very well now, and it's a fairly simple yet effective playstyle. Casters like Harkevich and Butcher3 are popular right now and tend to run a fair amount of jacks, typically accompanied by Winter Guard Rocketeers.

Destroyer of Worlds

Khador, troll, and mercanry all work for that.

Skorne too.

But if you like the look of Khador, go for it. They do "simple" army very well.

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

Third vote for Khador.

"As I often say, variety is the spice of wargaming" (Cyel)

Conqueror

I forgot to ask another question.

I know PP offers a free download able version of the rules, as well as a physical copy. I have the Warmachine book. Should I wish to DL a copy of hordes...

Will it print out alright on a black and white printer?

Is it worth printing a copy, or would it ultimately be cheaper/more convenient to just buy the book?

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

What you could do is download the Hordes rulebook, and just print the rules that are different from Warmachine, which will be 20 pages or so. I can look it up when I'm back home, if you want.

There should also be a short summary of those rules at the back of the Warmachine rulebook.

And of course, you'll get a free Hordes booklet with every Hordes battlebox, should you buy one in the future. (I believe the boxes are even cheaper than the big hardcover rulebooks.)

"As I often say, variety is the spice of wargaming" (Cyel)

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    What you could do is download the Hordes rulebook, and just print the rules that are different from Warmachine, which will be 20 pages or so. I can look it up when I'm back home, if you want.

There should also be a short summary of those rules at the back of the Warmachine rulebook.

And of course, you'll get a free Hordes booklet with every Hordes battlebox, should you buy one in the future. (I believe the boxes are even cheaper than the big hardcover rulebooks.)
    Ah, good to know. Thanks.

Destroyer of Worlds

The free rules on the site cover everything you need. The rules are 95% identical between systems. Either will suffice for your needs!

Prime
    , for example, contains a ~20 page supplement that explains all of the Hordes-specific rules, and Primal contains a similarly-sized supplement that explains the Warmachine-specific rules.

Also, all of the model cards will be released for free later this year, probably July-ish, after the new faction is finalized.

Conqueror

Well I went digging today, found most of my Khador forces, and a couple of packs of mercs, and one trollsblood. I was sure I had more of the latter....Somewhere.

I also found a S***load of Confrontation figures. Ha!

Ok, raided my closet, and found a box of goodies, over half of which was Khador stuff, a mk1 starter box of trolls (Madrak, 2 impalers and an axer), a mauler, Grissel, 2 fell callers, and some more troops)
    Last edited by Blank Dave; 02-18-2017 at 09:41 PM.