Conqueror

Question CID Rebalancing Question

Hello PP

Are there any plans for the near future (say Q2+3 2017) to use CID or similar methods to address underpowered/underplayed models that will not be part of a new theme force? For example: Storm Division was released recently, but Stormguard are still a questionable choice even in that list. Is there a chance for them to get some help via CID?

Thanks in advance for your response

Destroyer of Worlds Stormpuppy_Infantry's Avatar

Speaking for Stormguards, they are unusable in the every single list, but they are more better in the off theme force list since they may work with Rhupert Carvolo.

Because recent errata almost doesn't care for the unused/less used models, I don't think that they ever care for them. However it is really needed to.
    You create your own destiny, and your lot in life is not fixed at birth.
    Truth is truth, regardless how bitter it is.
    Stormblade Infantry, fragile but versatile infantry.
    Clockwork Oracle, Warmachine&Hordes probability calculator for Android.
    RIP, Haley1 and Black 13th. You are my heroes in the dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormpuppy_Infantry View Post
    Because recent errata almost doesn't care for the unused/less used models, I don't think that they ever care for them. However it is really needed to.
    It actually makes sense for PP to focus on overperforming models first, and underperforming models only afterwards. The former is a problem that can have a tremendous negative effect on the game as a whole, the latter is just unfortunate.

So I'm not sure they 'don't care', they're just starting with the bigger problems first, and we'll hopefully see more work on underperforming models in the errata to come.
    "If at first you don't succeed, label it version 1.0."

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz View Post
    It actually makes sense for PP to focus on overperforming models first, and underperforming models only afterwards. The former is a problem that can have a tremendous negative effect on the game as a whole, the latter is just unfortunate.

So I'm not sure they 'don't care', they're just starting with the bigger problems first, and we'll hopefully see more work on underperforming models in the errata to come.
    Yeah... bigger problem should have the priority. But aside Skorne they said that they don't have the plan to major rework so I doubt that they think about the underperforming models, at least right now.

CID, as mentioned a few times otherwise, will be an opportunity for us to look at models upcoming as well as those already released. Often it will be tied to them, but who knows what else we may want to add to the rosters.

We will be officially announcing CID procedure and so forth before we actually get into it so we're almost there.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

I've tried searching around but I just can't find what the CID acronym stands for. I have a few ideas but I feel like I'm one word from getting it right each time.
    Just another person who can't find enough time in the day to fit in everything they want to do.

Warrior

Community Integrated Development

Really looking forward to it. As a player with faction ADD, my desire isn't for any one faction but for increased variety age satisfaction in game play.

Question: Will there be any way in which the players will be able to suggest models to get the CID treatment?

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson
    CID, as mentioned a few times otherwise, will be an opportunity for us to look at models upcoming as well as those already released. Often it will be tied to them, but who knows what else we may want to add to the rosters.

We will be officially announcing CID procedure and so forth before we actually get into it so we're almost there.
    Thanks for the response. I'll take that as a "probably yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormpuppy_Infantry View Post
    Speaking for Stormguards, they are unusable in the every single list, but they are more better in the off theme force list since they may work with Rhupert Carvolo.

Okay. That faction still has lancers, and the mass amount of e-leap models that just shred infantry, so they aren't that bad. Every faction has something a touch under par just be patient. Menoth has Deliverer Skyhammers, trolls have scouts, legion has legionaries, there's an argument for every faction to have one sub par unit.

Quote Originally Posted by thwartingmyplans View Post
    Okay. That faction still has lancers, and the mass amount of e-leap models that just shred infantry, so they aren't that bad. Every faction has something a touch under par just be patient. Menoth has Deliverer Skyhammers, trolls have scouts, legion has legionaries, there's an argument for every faction to have one sub par unit.
    You mean, simply useless model, right?

Jackson, good to see you here!

Could the community possible vote on a model/unit/jack/caster in each faction to rebalance maybe every 3 months or so? I think it'd be a cool idea and get a lot of people really excited about CID if they aren't already (and they're nuts or something I dunno...?)
    Gaming in Baltimore and MD.

Play before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekefreed View Post
    Jackson, good to see you here!

Could the community possible vote on a model/unit/jack/caster in each faction to rebalance maybe every 3 months or so? I think it'd be a cool idea and get a lot of people really excited about CID if they aren't already (and they're nuts or something I dunno...?)
    Voting isn't a very strong form of feedback, in my opinion. Unless we're talking about huge demographics (and even then) a vote boils the topic down to its most simple and binary form, and then uses that to reach a consensus. It would highlight what might be most widely-accepted as underperforming, but tournament results and player feedback on the forums potentially already does that while providing more information.
    "If at first you don't succeed, label it version 1.0."