Supreme ArchCurmudgeon LonelyMonk's Avatar

Default Blindwater Congregation Minion army?

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/20...618#more-37618

"Minion Croak Hunter
    Some few anuras, a frog-like race commonly called “croaks” for their distinctive throaty calls, have made their way from the Shattered Spine Islands to chase both prey and adventure. The scouts and explorers known as hunters have developed a strong relationship with the gatormen of the Blindwater Congregation and will not hesitate to take up arms alongside these newfound allies. Croak hunters stalk their enemies from hidden positions before attacking them with spears dipped in deadly mixtures of natural poisons, including the toxins secreted by their own skin.

The Croak Hunter Solo comes in a blister (PIP 75026). A player may field up to three Croak Hunters for each warlock in a Circle, Legion, Skorne, Trollblood, or Blindwater Congregation Minion army."

Does anyone think this is the Gator Army?
    Lonely Monk http://lonelymonk.wordpress.com/

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute ? get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed.

Oh no, not at all, clearly the Gator army would called something different

I'd say it's pretty darn assured.
    Quote Originally Posted by sourclams View Post
    If the other factions are like a Baskin Robbins for Heavy selection, Trollbloods are like the McDonald's Soft Serve machine. Vanilla Troll, Chocolate Troll, and Swirl Troll.
    This is me when I'm playing Menoth.

Hey, another model better than the Skinner!

I'm a fan of League of Legends.

Conqueror

It strikes me that the Blindwater Congregation could almost only be the name of the new primarily gatormen contract, given the whole Voodoo Houngan vibe.

It's either a Gatorman Minion army...or a Creedance cover band. One or the other.

"And now...playing the classic Creedance Clearwater Revival hits you know and love...please put your hands together for The Blindwater Congregation!"

Rasheth 2014: Chains we can believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by petegrrrr View Post
    It's either a Gatorman Minion army...or a Creedance cover band. One or the other.

"And now...playing the classic Creedance Clearwater Revival hits you know and love...please put your hands together for The Blindwater Congregation!"
    Well, I feel like a fortunate son.
    *joins all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn*

PB
    E.J.P.O.P.H.A.T.P.T.W.W.T.P.T.I.T.I.T.O.
    Play the figs you want to play.
    Got your cookie and plushie yet?

This is full of awesome. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Mod:Polar_Bear View Post
    I dunno, I think I see a bad moon a-rising. Better to just run through the jungle, but don't look back!
    Ah, but Morality's lease has expired, and Science has been given the keys to the apartment!

Ohh, so the Croak Hunter is an anura... Very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    The Casio calculator is far better at doing math than a warjack. The warjack is better at walking around, obeying orders, and murdering things with weapons.
    Cygnar: 500 points & 14 Warcasters painted / 634 points & 14 Warcasters total

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Mod:Polar_Bear View Post

PB
    Given who the other minion pact features, shouldn't Blindwater be singing that they ain't no fortunate sow?

I'm really crossing my fingers, hoping they surprise us with a third Minion contract. I think we all knew there would be a Farrow and a Gatormen group, I would love to see a third force, though not necessarily one devoted to a certain species. Maybe just a group who is trying to bring peace to the wilds or some Cygnar army who found out he could manipulate the actions of wild animals and slowly started going more and more feral...

This is why I love teaser info so much!! We have a name and not much else, but it's a pretty darn spiffy name, and I approve! Can't wait to get some more gator previews...
    I make dice bags and paint/play with toy soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneblaise View Post
    I'm really crossing my fingers, hoping they surprise us with a third Minion contract.
    There will probably be something roughly equivalent to the Four Star Syndicate contract, able to use almost all the minions but with no bonuses.

Gators > Pigs. Nuff said.

I'm really crossing my fingers, hoping they surprise us with a third Minion contract. I think we all knew there would be a Farrow and a Gatormen group, I would love to see a third force, though not necessarily one devoted to a certain species. Maybe just a group who is trying to bring peace to the wilds or some Cygnar army who found out he could manipulate the actions of wild animals and slowly started going more and more feral...
    I'd think a Nyss survivor pact would be kinda cool. Filled with the few hundred or so survivors battling out against all odds for their race's survival. They make the trollkin's problem look like overpopulation.

But Blindwater Congregation? Cool. Sounds like a 70's band, but still very cool. How are the Farrows gonna compete with this lol

"Dirty, Sneaky Elves!"
    When life gives you Lemons.... Kill all the Humans

If the anurans get a character model named Jeremiah, I'll bring the cheese.

Gatorman Warlock(s) and Faction army would be really great. Then all the Iron Kingdoms' most fashionable female Warcasters can acquire alligator-skin boots, belts, and matching hand-cannon holsters. I see an Iron Kingdoms' 'Top Model' competition coming soon...

Privateer Press' intro of additional offshoot models = entry model (read DRUG) into a whole new faction for many of us! I love it!

My avatar is a pic of me from my USAF days. Can you guess who my favorite Troll Warlock is?

I wonder if the 'Croak' will have Warlocks or if they're more infantry support for the Gatormen and their beasts.

I wonder which of the current minion models (if any) will work for the Blindwater.Gatormen and Wrong Eye are probably a given, Bog Troggs? Swamp Gobbers? The Totem Hunter?

In the fluff Gatormen like to eat Bog Trogs, so I don't think they will be likely to work that closely.

In the fluff Gatormen like to eat Bog Trogs, so I don't think they will be likely to work that closely.
    The fluff also says they've been known to band together with the Gatormen when the need has arisen. One can imagine that the state of affairs in the IK is getting dangerous enough that it's hard to imagine a time when it would be less advantageous for them to join forces.
    Ben Varone, Male Nurse Extraordinaire | The Trollblood User's Guide

Gatormen eat most things. It doesn't stop them working together in faction armies. It will all come down to why the Blindwater fight. What's their motivation?

With the anura in there, I'd be really surprised to see bog trogs. Gatormen don't like them, and the anura seem like they'll fulfill a similar sneaky role. Totem hunter...probably not, but maybe. We already have some guests from afar

Quote Originally Posted by notsoevil View Post
    Gators > Pigs. Nuff said.
    I agree. Back in the days I rooted for Farrows but the Gator minis are the best.
    -
    "Violence is a precision instrument--it's a scalpel, not a club"
    -

-

Destroyer of Worlds Bearded Dragon's Avatar

Gatormen and Bog Trogs really hate each other (notice the Big Fish's headdress). I don't think they would work with each other. I could be wrong though.
    Official Georgia Area Events thread

3d hills are a Cyrist plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Dragon View Post
    Gatormen and Bog Trogs really hate each other (notice the Big Fish's headdress). I don't think they would work with each other. I could be wrong though.
    And the gator bokor's staff? Bog trog feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by George Spiggott View Post
    Gatormen eat most things. It doesn't stop them working together in faction armies. It will all come down to why the Blindwater fight. What's their motivation?
    Git outta mah swamp!

Must have Voodoo Gators! Blindwater congregation is such an awesome name.

"He had some steampunk take on Baba ****ing Yaga, creeping around the treeline with some ten foot tall chickenoid contraption from which clouds of starving ravens were constantly erupting. Its very exhaust was dark birds, with clever eyes and cracked beaks. I don't know; on paper, that looks basically like a win." -Tycho, Penny Arcade

Destroyer of Worlds
    Charlotte, North Carolina, Confederate States of America

IF you ever go back in the wooley swamp, well you better not go at night. There's things out there that live in them woods that make a strong man die from fright. Things that jump, and things that crawl, and things that creep around on the ground. And they say the ghost of Lucius Clay gets up and he walks around!

Warrior

Picnic time for gatormen! The scaly gatormen are having a lovely time today.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Given who the other minion pact features, shouldn't Blindwater be singing that they ain't no fortunate sow?
    This is full of win.

Destroyer of Worlds brotherscott's Avatar

OK, but with the Croaker, what do you call it when its dead?

Thinking I need a second unit of Gatormen and to get my first unit painted....
    RIP Matthew Randy, aka Invader Larb. 1977-2010

Can't it be both?

Also, grats, PP, the name alone finally seals it for me.

(Who am I kidding? I was already a sucker for the gators)
    Currently despondent over all the pretty Goraxes that are going to be defiled by Minions players...
    For love. For honor. For Devilsquid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyHolly
    Blind me once, shame on you. Blind me twice, shame on me. Blind me thrice, whine on the internet somewhere