Now, don't me, and I really don't intend to get too big of a head, but this thread is for a combination of two things: My musings, and a strategy primer. Some of these ideas will be useful in all sorts of strategy games, some will be useful for general WM/Hordes purposes, and some will be useful just for Legion. I will be using Legion examples for the main part.
I am going to try and cover basics, such as list construction consideration for two-list Steam Roller events, deployment considerations before you even see the table you're going to play on, comparison of models, the use of terrain, etc. I'll also post here musings that I think are interesting, such as regarding models which I think deserve a more in-depth look and may change the way Legion plays.
I will post at most one post a day, but most posts should be quite more infrequent. I'll try to get this post, or specific ones linked at the sticky. I will use this post to link to all of the main posts I make. They will run from the more basic to the more advanced. I am not attempting to cover any topic in its entirety, but just in-depth enough to get people started, to provide food for thought, etc.
Now, a request: Please do not run long nit-picking arguments in this thread. Often we see people "Arguing for points", where they accept one model is good and another crap, or one's better 95% of the time, yet they keep bringing up those 5%, even though they know it's just flat-out worse. Don't do that here. Take it to another thread, because here I want to keep discussion on each mini article before moving to the next one.
We accept every model has its uses, and can be better in some situations. Don't make this the point. Also, when I make an example, such as "Scytheans and Ravagores with Vayl" in the first post regarding Buffs? Don't mistake the specific case for the whole thing. The real point is "Buffing", and those two models are just going to be used as an example to get you thinking. Of course the Scythean also adds extra things. That's not the point.
We're not arguing for points here.
Table of Contents:
1. Post #3: On Buffing.
2. Post #4: How The Scythean Came Along and Kicked Out the Angelius.
3. Post #10: Starting Legion.
4. Post #26: Points, (Support, Fury). Part 1 of 2.
5. Post #29: (Points,) Support, Fury. Part 2 of 2.
6. Post #31: Infantry 1: On Concentration of Power.
7. Post #37: Why the Seraph and Slipstream Rock.
8. Post #48: Tech Trees - Laying Groundwork for Future Turns.
9. Post #51: Tempo - Posting Pointed Questions and Controlling the Pace.
10. Post #56: Addendum: Discussion; Interlude: The Fruitful Void of List-Building (addendum to the previous post, and a general point/stepping stone to the next couple of posts).