Zombie Conqueror

Default Red Trollblood skin? Done before?

Anyone have an example of trollbloods with red skin? I'm thinking either a dull red, bright red or red with a deeper red for depth.

I would imagine it is pretty easy. I would probably do them with red skin myself if I made some. I just did a red skin shredder the other day.

I haven't seen red trolls yet... Mine are orange...
    -"I hate people, but I love gatherings. Ironic, isn't it?"

My Axer and Pyg Bushwhackers are both red. I plan on Mulg being the same color.
    -PG_Askew
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
    Live in or near the Lehigh Valley (eastern PA, Western NJ)? Join the Facebook Group!

I think I've seen red trolls before. It was quite striking. I couldn't stop thinking of Hellboy for some reason when I looked at them.
    Pray to your god for mercy, for mine will have none.

Warrior

I vote for dull, earth-y red... Looks good, at least in my head

Quote Originally Posted by jdelrio22 View Post
    Anyone have an example of trollbloods with red skin? I'm thinking either a dull red, bright red or red with a deeper red for depth.
    So, what kind of red is left out then?

Quote Originally Posted by rewision View Post
    I vote for dull, earth-y red... Looks good, at least in my head
    A local of ours has done just that, with pinkish/purple stones on the bases. It works quite well, I think. I'll dig around to see if I can find a pic for them.
    Shortest story ever told: "For sale. Baby shoes. Never Worn."

Moonova's dires are all red, can be seen on [shamelessplug]Lost Hemisphere[/shamelesspug] as part of WMHC3
    Lost Hemisphere Hyperion Glittergun Tally:9 Doom Reavers, 1 WG Rifleman, 2 Necrosurgeons, 2 Stitch Thralls, 1 Scrap Thrall, 5 Bane Thralls, 1 Bane Thrall Officer, 1 Bane Thrall Standard, 2 Cephalyx Overlords, 1 Drudge, 1 Druid Wilder, 3 Knights Exemplar, 3 TFG, 1 Vassal, 1 Extoller, 2 Venators, 1 Venator Officer, 4 Beast Handlers, Dartan Vilmon, Ragman, Maelovus

You can do bright red, just remember that if your base is bright and saturated, make sure to have areas of less saturation or slightly color shifted to help prevent

One of the players at my store has bright red trolls and the only problem with that is they lack definition in the flesh areas due to all the flesh being so bright.

Anyone have an example of trollbloods with red skin?
    Here is my example: I painted up Grim as Hellboy.

This sentence is false.

I've seen red trolls before. I am not a huge fan of altering their skin from anything other than some shade of blue. But that is just me. I have seen some cool alt schemes for all forces but for trolls I just can't like alternate skin tones. But there are many people who disagree and it is all about what you like. My friend has a red Earthborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruan View Post
    Circle's the only faction I've ever played that makes me feel like a street magician.

My Trolls are red. I use Citadel Scab Red as their skin. It looks really good on the trolls after I put a brown wash over it. It gives them a deep color to contrast their often brown leather or shiny silver armor. I just think the blue looks very clowny. I'll try to get some pictures up when I find a good camera.

Conqueror

Russ Wakelin of the D6 Generation has red trolls. They look good if done right, but bright green trolls don't work. Even though nobody has mentioned that option.

Ohyeah. Russ' trolls can be found here. http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Re...el_Trollbloods

Because 'Organized Groups of Highly Trained Individuals Supported By Military-Industrial Complexes Engaging In Large-Scale Conflict In Support Of Their Nation, God, or Coin In A Fantasy Steampunk Setting' wouldn't leave enough room for the cover art.
    - PPS_Mod:Josh

it wouldve been cool if u greenstuff horns onto him but in all id have to agree with red skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Goris View Post
    Gunnbjorn is so powerful he didn't need spoilers or rules. He just makes them up as he goes along.

Actually yes, one of the players at my LGS did have a Red Trollblood Army. The color scheme was Red Skin (Think Hellboy) , White Hair, and bright green eyes. It was a pretty cool army .
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlaharen View Post
    If you're having Cryx problems I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a lich ain't one

i mixed some GW blood red with a lot of chaos black to get a pretty dark brown, then drybrushed with blood red, looked real nice in my opinion

Looks like it's time again for pics of that amazing multi-colored troll army. Times like this I really want to see them again, but can never find the links!

Quote Originally Posted by notawarmachine View Post
    Here is my example: I painted up Grim as Hellboy.
    This is awesome! Very cool Hellboy.

I finally got around to getting pictures of some of my Blood Trolls.

http://sbwargaming.blogspot.com/2010...od-trolls.html

Conqueror

I did these a long time ago when I was still pretty new to painting and modeling, but I went with a dark purple base and worked up to red (darker for the mauler and a little lighter for the impaler)

[img=http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4921/0714082011awz1.th.jpg]
    [img=http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4354/0714082011bof9.th.jpg]