Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia - Trollblood Trollkin Epic Warlock
"I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more DIRES!!!"
Epic Doomshaper is THE Trollbloods ultimate dire troll warlock. With his feat & spells, he is our prime delivery system of massive muscle, tooth and claw. He is a warlock who requires a bit of set up and positioning to be played effectively, but if done right your opponent's large and/or juicy targets will feel the full brunt of your dires.
Red: Muy MUY IMPORTANT╔!
Orange: Very VERY GOOD
Black: Average, for eDoomy's purposes anyway
Epic Doomshaper's stats won't be winning him any awards, by far. All of his stats are below average except for his FURY of 7. He has sub-par defense, only one more that the majority of the rest of our army's Def. His ARM isn't great either, the same as our Kriel warriors. His CMD is poor and his health boxes are a little below average as well. But despair not! We aren't taking him for his stats, aside from his FURY…
Feat - Scroll of Grimmr
Edoomy and Friendly faction warbeasts in his control area get to charge, slam, or trample without being forced and get +3" Speed when the performing one of those actions. This feat along with several other speed buffs allows for some massive charges for beasts under Doomshaper's control. The main point you must worry about is if your dire warbeast will be charging OUT of doom's 14" control range. It's happened a few times to me so you must be wary as well. Aside from attacking, the +3 speed also adds into running distances, which are doubled, and can help immensely if you need to get somewhere FAST! More on this feat in the tier and individual beast synergy section.
Tough - The 1/3 staple among our faction
Attuned Spirit - EDoomie gets to cast one Dire Troll's animus for free during his activation. This is a nice bonus as it basically saves you two FURY every round!
Hyper Regeneration - If damaged, Edoomshaper heals d3 hit points at the start of every activation. While it's very unlikely that he'll be hurt and survive, Hyper Regeneration can be useful to heal damage incurred by leaching from his own life force.
Goad - When a warbeast destroys a model in EDoomie's 14" control area he can force it to move 2". This is HUGE! Let's say your target is just outside your beast's charge range but there is an easily kill-able trooper near within charge range and near your target, you can simple charge the closer model, kill it, then goad 2" towards your intended target and go to work. That's the idea anyway.
Weapon Abilities: Willbreaker
Has an average P+S with some other abilities.
• Magical Weapon
• Powerful Attack - One focus boosts both attack and damage rolls. This makes eDoomy fairly efficient if he has to kill something in melee (and helps make up for his poor MAT). However you really shouldn't be using this as he shouldn't be in combat, EVER!
• Agitation - Place 1 FURY on every enemy beast in Doomshaper's control area. An expensive but good spell that can only be cast once per turn. Useful for preventing enemy Warlocks transferring damage to warbeasts on an assassination run. Or just maxing out their beasts so that one or more will possibly frenzy and be less useful next round.
• Primal Shock - Troll's very first arc node type of spell! An offensive spell that allows use it even if the troll in question is engaged in melee. It's POW is equal to the troll's base STR. Mulg is an ideal target for this as he has base STR 13. Its also important to remember that because the warbeast is the point of origin, that means you can cast it against a Stealth target that is within 5" of the beast. Pretty cool when you want to run a beast 10" in some direction and have eDoomy use Primal Shock on Eyirss or something. Just remember to boost to hit on above average DEF targets. Heck, boost damage too!
• Refuge - Upkeep that lets a friendly model move after it successfully makes an attack during its activation. It's immune to free strikes during this move. This is an amazing spell and only second to Wild Aggression! Lets say you have a heavy beast in your way to kill their warlock. Have this spell up & running on your first Dire Troll. They charge in and kill (or 2 handed throw in the case of a mauler) the Heavy beast. Then once he's done have it move it's full movement out of combat so that your second dire troll can charge in through the newly cleared hole! OR you need to get somewhere fast for a Scenario. Charge or trample in the direction, kill the model then move again to the intended spot.
• Sunder Spirit - An offensive spell that causes a damaged Warbeast to lose its animus for one round. Another good spell but very situational. If you know how your enemies animus work and can see what he may be planning, this would be a good idea to use. Neither the beast nor the warlock will be able to cast the animus next turn and will throw a monkey wrench into their battle plans.
• Wild Aggression - An upkeep that lets an affected warbeast charge for free and boosts all of its melee attack rolls. This is the true bread & butter of the Edoomy spell arsenal! You should have this upkept on a heavy warbeast AT ALL TIMES. Then when ready, have it charge in or continue it's attack's, then activate doomshaper after and have him re-cast it on another beast ready to charge for double use of this spell. If that's not possible, due to your need of the feat before hand, there's always our runebearer aka "Trollses". I can't speak highly enough of this spell. It has helped me hit DEF 16-19 warlocks with MULG and/or Earthborn consistently, for their ultimate beat down.
Thoughts on Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia
Epic Doomshaper is in many ways a one turn of wonder caster. Pop his feat, cast Rush on a few beasts, and have them trample or charge off at 13.5" (14" for Mulg with his 2" reach) and get them into your opponents face, doing as much damage as possible. He can turn his warbeasts into a real assassination threat. Mulg Trampling 12" over a line of infantry to engage a caster is game over for that caster as he unleashes his 5 FURY worth of attacks into their face (boosted to hit if he has Wild Aggression on him, which you should have at all times!). He's also a very fun caster as he allows you to play an even more aggressive game than Trollbloods are normally capable of.