Warrior

Default Warmachine Night @ Crit-Hit Games in Abingdon, MD

This is a new Local Gaming Store and it has dedicated nights to other miniature and card games, but not for Warmachine/Hordes.

I'm looking to change that.

Thursdays are looking good. I'll be there on tomorrow (Jan. 20, 2011) and I hope to have an opponent to play against.

Happy Gaming

-e
    Last edited by Cousin Erik; 01-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Glorious Dragonfather. Master of us all. Torment eternal. Death denied.

Ill try to make it tomorrow. Thursday seems like a good day.

Warrior

Thursady works weekends would be better

I follow no kingdom's flag,fear no ship on the sea and bow to no master. Blood calls for blood and I will spill much more in the days to come
    -Captian Phineaus Shae

Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Merc Commander1230 View Post
    Thursady works weekends would be better
    Thursday was the recommendation of the Owner. He has his DnD group in there on Thursday nights and didn't mind keeping the store open after hours.

I'm posting on multiple forums to see what works with people. Are you a member of the Maryland Warmachine Players Group on Google Groups? We'll have to see how busy the store is on the weekends and who is available to show up.

We had 5 people show up last night, but ran out of Table space. If it's OK with the owner, I'm gong to be making a portable tabletop that we can bring in or store in the back room.
    Glorious Dragonfather. Master of us all. Torment eternal. Death denied.

Anyone frequent this shop for Warmahordes still? I'm in Cecil and interested in finding a new LGS.
    Warning: The above was posted by a salty oldhead. Only a fool would take these words at full face value (maybe.)

Boss man. I do. at times. its a decent scene.

And I've heard tell that they might be getting a pressganger soon, but I don't know how long it'll take.
    Last edited by Tionas; 05-04-2011 at 01:01 PM.

I am getting the bug for WM more and more lately. However, I am in an odd place... I have close to 6 armies ranging in 15 to 100 points in all stages of painting. However, I have not played since before Superiority and for the life of me cannot remember the rules. On Thursdays, is there someone who is a bit more patient who can help me out with the rules. I am a game addict and once I get going I love to run demos to grow a community. If anyone doesn't mind, please just toss me a PM so we can plan something out!

Cheers,
    WP
    The Local Game Store or LGS is a dying Breed.
    Support the Place YOU play by buying there or lose them.

WP, I'm in the same boat as you mate. We ought to see about getting together so we can stumble through the rules together. I know we've talked before and we're pretty close geographically.
    "This is going to get interesting."
    "Define interesting."
    "'Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die.'"

Tionas might also be a good person who can help you both out. He is running the WM tournament at Crit Hits this Sunday.

Warrior

I may stop by to spectate on Sunday. I'm not at the points level required to join, but I'd like to hang out and watch if that's cool.

Hey guys!

Today is the one day I'm not going to be available, but I am up there at least every other Thursday. I don't generally make it Until Six, but if you want, you can drop me a line, and I can run you through some smaller games.

Also: Anyone is welcome to come and spectate or get in some games, if able, on extra tables on Sunday.

Always lookin' for more players!
    Last edited by Tionas; 06-23-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Yep, I just got home and there were no WM players again. Whit said that he hasn't seen any of the WM players in a while. We talked about getting a campaign up, maybe to get more people in and new guys recruited. I'm going to try and make it in on Sunday for a bit, I will grab one of my battle boxes too and see if I can throw down. Good to know that we are getting something started!

WP

I was there, what, two weeks ago, but no one was there to get a game in with. Sadly, its only every other week for me. This week coming up (30th) I should be there pretty early. I have to look at a hall for my wedding early, but I'll keep an eye here and see whats gonna go down. hope to see you sunday!

I'd be interested helping start a regular warmachine night or at least participating; though I am still a very new player. I'm down near White Marsh, but Abingdon is practically around the corner (plus no toll). I could definitely make every other Thursday, or any day other than Fridays.

I started up around MK II, but only have sporadic games with a few friends from NY. I'd really like to find a local crowd for some regular games.

Awesome! It'd be good to get a group there going regularly, even if I am not there. I want to show that players exist enough to cater too!

I probably won't be a regular at Critical Hits, not because it isn't a great store, cause it is, but to avoid wife aggro. I'm already out twice a week for my RPG habit, so staying at home most other nights is in my best interest. So, I imagine I'll be mostly based out of my basement. Once it's cleaned up and I have some tables built, I'm sure I can work on the wife to let me have another hobby night at the house...

But I'll try and stop by Sunday for a bit.
    "Define interesting."

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemeh View Post
    I'm down near White Marsh, but Abingdon is practically around the corner (plus no toll).
    This is why I can't/don't frequent GnS. Fantastic store, but there are tolls between me and them.
    "Define interesting."

Warrior

Thursdays aren't always the best for me, and I live in Dundalk, which is doable, but not that convenient. Still, I'm pretty sure I can manage to make it out on a Thursday night sometime. I managed to bring three other friends into Hordesmachine with me, with a possible 4th to come, so it might be cool to do a field trip up there.

No one was there this week again. I was able to talk to a few of the magic guys and got them more excited about PP. I think one might even pick up his battlebox soon. Next week, I will be at Historicon in PA so I cannot make it in. So, if we can, lets plan for the 14th of July to meet up guys? I can make it to the store around 6 so I hope to see you guys there.

WP

I was ready to head up after work, but there was an accident on 95N. Traffic was pretty bad, took me about half an hour to get from 43 to home just around around the corner.

I'm going to head up tomorrow (Saturday the 2nd) just to check out the store so I know where it is. I can be there by 6 on the 14th; or any day besides Fridays.

Far warning. I only have my battle box painted and a Kodiak. Everything else is in various stages and not fully assembled; I can play 35 point games if you don't mind some WIP minis.

Hey guys! Sadly, I am only able to make every other thursday. This week was the "other" so I will be there next week (7th) and after. I'll have both 50 and 35 point lists cooked up, and we can get some games in!

As for the painted stuff... Here is my view.

It SHOULD be painted. However, if you are working on it, I love it. Playing Tabletop games with silver and gray models sucks. But, if someone is working on their army, I am more then happy. Will that ever stop me from playing someone's unpainted army? Never, ever. I love to hobby but just because someone else doesn't like to doesn't mean they should be denied a game. With that being said, all of my stuff is in various stages of painting.

The cool thing about last week is I talked to a few magic gamers about WM and they seemed excited! New lifeblood!

WP

I'm posting this in both threads, so, bear with me.

I'll be at Critical Hits tonight from ~6 till they kick my sorry rear end out the door. Hope to see some people there! I have the majority of my cryx, and some mercs as well.

I know its been a while!

however, I'll be at critical hits today for a Warmachine Demo day, and tomorrow for a Tournament! come stop by and say hi!

Not sure this is a good place to post this. But a friend in California has gotten me interested in this game and I was wondering if anyone was holding a Demo of this game so that I may try it out. I was thinking of purchasing a Circles Warpack.

Destroyer of Worlds ForsakenPoptart's Avatar

Denimwizard- whereabouts are you located? We've got several great stores in the MD-NoVA area!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsplatter artist View Post
    They're actually part of its reproductive cycle. If left unmolested the stormpod will eventually hatch into an adorable squire. If he lives long enough he will become a firefly and eventually a Stormclad. From there, he can either grow into a storm wall or in extreme cases they reach an evolutionary dead end and become thunderheads.
    2014- the year of the Iron Wolf: 1/100 0 Wins, 1 Loss