Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Default How to register your game club with Privateer Press

If you have a game club you would like to register with Privateer Press, the steps are simple.

First check to make sure you meet our criteria for support:
    1.) You must be your club president to apply
    2.) Your club must be open to the public. No private or exclusive membership.
    3.) Your club events must held in a public place such as a school, library, park, etc. No home addresses.
    4.) If your club is held at a retail location, we require the owner's permission to promote your club on their property. If the retail store is already registered with Privateer Press, your application may be denied.
    5.) You must be able to provide us with photos of a recent gaming event at your club.

Once you meet the criteria, send an email to retail support (retailsupport@privateerpress.com) with your club information and photos. After verifying your information we will create an online venue for your club on privateerevents.com.

You would then be able to host and manage your clubs Privateer Press events online, have club members preregister for events, and appear on online searches in your area for gaming venues. Not to mention, by officially registering with Privateer Press you gain a new level of communication and support for all your organized play needs.
    Last edited by PPS_Hungerford; 02-24-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Will,

How does a club with private owners and an LLC function under these guidelines?

It's not a home address. If it does have membership fees, does that automatically
    make it exclusive?
    Felix
    ___
    My Miniatures Gaming Blog
    DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++

Membership fees do not make a club exclusive as long as anyone can apply.

Combatant

For clrification, reference para 5, does recent gaming event mean tournament style, or just gaming with a group of people, playing the same game such as Warmachine/Hordes?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVankar44 View Post
    For clrification, reference para 5, does recent gaming event mean tournament style, or just gaming with a group of people, playing the same game such as Warmachine/Hordes?
    Any gaming event, from casual to competitive, will be fine. These photos can also be for a gaming event for any gaming system, though we prefer to see club members having fun playing our games

We run a club from a function room at a bar, would this stop us applying?

Retailer Support & Development

The issue here is that the bar must be open to all members of the public. Because a bar, by its nature, is closed to a certain age range you would not be able to register a club in such an establishment.

What if the function room of the bar is open to minors?
    Felix
    ___
    My Miniatures Gaming Blog
    DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++

As long as the event is being held in a location that is open to the general public at all times during the event, there would be no issue. So, in this case, if you're holding the event in the function room A) the room must be open the entire time and B) the event cannot take place in any form in a room in which the general public are not allowed.

The general guideline is that the venue can't exclude anyone and obviously can't break any local laws.

Bill, our club caters to people who work off shifts (mainly second and third). We do host events at homes sometimes due to work schedules, but they are open. We are also affiliated with our LGS, Off the Wall Games and host events there as well. Will this split hosting be an issue to registering our club?

https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
    Gears and Guts Gaming Club
    Gaming in Sanford, NC

The issue here becomes one of public safety. We can't assume that people going to a private residence for an officially registered club can be safe in the same way we can in a public space.

I would say that as long as your club's official events take place at Off the Wall Games or another similarly public venue, then where members of the club meet when at an unofficial event isn't relevant. This does mean that all registration forms for clubs (both the form you submit to us and registration on the Event Website) need to list the Public location as their address.

Not a problem and thank you for the clarification.

https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
    Gears and Guts Gaming Club
    Gaming in Sanford, NC

Combatant

does the club email have to different than mine or can we use our facebook site as the official one.
    one more does the Club location info is just used for games and event setup not for mail right
    Last edited by jonrgreen1978; 03-05-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: new thought

My group plays in a Gaming store but they do not carry warmachine models. The owner if supportive of wargaming but he doesn't believe we have a market for me. Would that be a problem?

If it's a gaming store, but not for wargaming, then what games does the shop support? In any case, I'd ask if the owner would like to speak with Bill about product. Even having a few starter kits could spark the interest he's looking for.
    Not changing this sig until Cryx gets a character arcnode: 17/09/09
    Gatehouse Games, Duncansville, PA...Now with 30% more awesome
    Upcoming @ Gatehouse Games: Entropy, Cyriss Release, and Longest Night
    It's all fun and games until Major Haley shows up.

The gaming store is more of a comic/mtg store. We usually play there once a week which attracts some attention. My question would be, does the store have to carry Warmachine/Hordes models in order to be a registered club/PG at the store.

Conqueror

With reguards to the club venue.
    Our club is held in a room at a social club, that we have rented on a weekly basis for over the past 10 years, it was a model railway club before that. The club is open to the public, and there is no age limet, as we are seperate form the main club area. On the top floor in a room that would not otherwise be used.

As we pay our own electricity bills, and our own repaires, the only dealings we have with the venue, is the paying of the room rental every month.

We do not have a president, as the club is run by a commitee that is voted on each year, ( but in all fairness the prescent commitee do such a good job, there positions have never been challanged in several years). basic club managment is, Chairman, Treasuarer, and secratary.

Would this criteria be suitable for club registration?
    Last edited by Madbazza; 09-10-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Sorry I missed a question or two in this thread! I'll answer them in turn:

Quote Originally Posted by unwrittenglory View Post
    The gaming store is more of a comic/mtg store. We usually play there once a week which attracts some attention. My question would be, does the store have to carry Warmachine/Hordes models in order to be a registered club/PG at the store.
    There is no requirement that the game store your club meets at stock our product lines. Our hope in these situations is that your presence will help raise the profile of our games in their store, and give them an incentive to give me a call and dive right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Madbazza View Post
    With reguards to the club venue.
    Our club is held in a room at a social club, that we have rented on a weekly basis for over the past 10 years, it was a model railway club before that. The club is open to the public, and there is no age limet, as we are seperate form the main club area. On the top floor in a room that would not otherwise be used.

As we pay our own electricity bills, and our own repaires, the only dealings we have with the venue, is the paying of the room rental every month.

We do not have a president, as the club is run by a commitee that is voted on each year, ( but in all fairness the prescent commitee do such a good job, there positions have never been challanged in several years). basic club managment is, Chairman, Treasuarer, and secratary.

Would this criteria be suitable for club registration?
    That would be just fine. Have the Chairman contact me in this situation.

Warrior

What is required to show we have a store owner's permission? We've been meeting at a coffee shop that allows us to post signs for our club for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by CountMercutio View Post
    What is required to show we have a store owner's permission? We've been meeting at a coffee shop that allows us to post signs for our club for several months.
    A simple email from them to me, or a phone call is all I need.

what if my school gaming club is not currently playing many war games, its mostly board games but many of them have expressed interest in Warmachine. so we don't have any events happening currently

that's why im trying to get the club registered, so i can become a press ganger and run events, they are very competitive punch

I run a facebook group which is essentially an open gaming club for the Greater Houston area, we're open to anyone and everyone in the area. Our membership numbers are currently at 346 members. We're not affiliated with any single store, but all the stores in the area. We organize games, tournaments and events not just at stores, but also have Beach-Machine events, War-B-Que's, Food-machine events held at the local Food Bank and yes in Garages, Public storage areas. We've even had 25pt Tournament in the banquet rooms of a Denny's. We support local Con's with terrain and more. Can my group apply for game club status?

If I'm the president of the club, can I also be a Press Ganger?, or being one makes it imposible to be the other?.

Thanks.