[France] French Open 2011 in Lyon, July 9/10
This is a preliminary annoucement for the French Open Tournament 2011, which will be held on July 9/10 in Lyon.
Some general info:
- The tournament format will be based on SR 2011.
- 42 players max. In case of international attendance, the tournament official language will be English.
- Three 50-pt games with 3 different lists on Saturday, three 35-pt games with 3 different lists on Sunday.
- Chess-clocked time (1 hour per player for 50 point games, 40 minutes per player for 35 point games).
- No Caster Kill victory condition, no Caster Kill tie breaker.
- Fully painted armies required.
- A tournament for the Complete Hobbyist: Army painting will be graded and the score (out of 1 Tournament Point) will be added to the tournament total. Also, Players will take a 20-question quiz on the background of the Iron Kingdoms and rules of WM/H on Sunday, and the score (out of 1 Tournament Point) will be added to the tournament total.
- Approx. pricing: 20/30 €, including breakfasts, meals on Sat noon and Sun noon, snacks, coffee and non-alcoholic drinks.
We'll probably be able to accomodate a few people for free by dispatching them among our players and friends.
More info is on the way! We'd love to see some of our Italian friends in July.
Please feel free to ask any question on this topic: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...-Q-amp-A-Topic
Last edited by Zoroastre; 02-22-2011 at 09:00 PM.
First, we've opened a dedicated subforum to centralize registrations and questions. Go to http://www.battle-group.com/forum/index.php?board=62.0
If you have any trouble registering, just drop me an e-mail or PM me.
Second, our first Rule Set is online! Check it out at : http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/fr...penRuleset.pdf
It includes everything you need to know from Game Rules to Accommodation.
Third, the pre-registrations are open. Show us your interest by replying to this topic: http://www.battle-group.com/forum/in...p?topic=8073.0
We look forward to meeting you in July!
April 15th update: Entry fee has been determined (20€) and registrations are open!
For details, please refer to page 11 of the updated ruleset document:
For more info about French Open 2011, Qualified Players, Draws, Schedule, Dates and many more visit only altiusdirectory.com
May 9th update: Painting grid published on page 15 of the ruleset!
And we're two months from the event and less than one month from the registration deadline! We already have 23 pre-registrations with players from France, Poland, Belgium, Spain and Italy. Come and join the fun!
If you plan to attend, please pre-register ASAP, it will make our planning&preparation steps that much easier.
Pre-registration topic: http://www.battle-group.com/forum/in...p?topic=8073.0
French Open forum: http://www.battle-group.com/forum/index.php?board=62.0
May 18th update: accommodation
A small update on accomodation that will certainly please our international attendance!
We were able to secure the following number of beds among players&friends:
Friday, saturday and sunday nights
A, 4 beds
B, 4 beds
C, 2 beds
D, 5 beds
= 15 beds total for these 3 nights
Saturday night only
E, 6 beds
Don't forget that beds will be dispatched on a first in, first served basis (international players first), so register as soon as you can ! And remember to bring a bedroll!
Lastly, these are just "real" beds, but if we go over our capacity, there will be room to crash on the floor (ie have an inflatable mattress handy if you're late registering).
A quick reminder to everyone: registration deadline is next Monday so get those bank transfers and army lists rolling! Please carefully read the instructions provided in the ruleset.
If you can drop us an e-mail once the bank transfer is done, it will make our work that much easier. Thanks!
39 preregistered players: thanks to our European, and especially Italian, friends, this is gonna be the largest French tournament so far! I hope you're as psyched-up as I am!