Thread: P3 Metallics

Unhappy P3 Metallics

I know there was a problem with the P3 metallics awhile back. I don't know if my local FLGS is still shellshocked over the number of bad pots it recieved of the various colors or if it's something else but it seems that certain colors are never ordered to fill the holes in the rack. One of these really stands out and it happens to be the Molten Bronze. Is there still a problem with the production of this or what? Could someone in the know respond please...no speculation just facts...thanks.

Supreme ArchCurmudgeon LonelyMonk's Avatar

Molten Bronze and Rhulic Gold are not in production - due to the problem you have seen....

Never heard of a bad pot except those two.

If someone gets one, email the front desk, same process as a missing part in a blister or box
    Lonely Monk http://lonelymonk.wordpress.com/

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute ? get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed.

Thanks for the response.
    I also had a Brass Balls and Blighted Gold turn out as a glob of goo but have since purchased newer pots that are good.
    Any idea when we might see good Bronze for purchase?

GW metallics have colours that are almost identical to the P3's
    Rhulic Gold = Shining Gold (a tiny bit darker, but very close)
    Molten Bronze = The one that's not as dark as Tin Bitz....can't remember the name for the life of me. It's one pot to the left on the rack, or one step lighter.

The GW metals should be suitable replacements. I've had to switch, since neither of these colours are available for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Plarzoid View Post
    Ghool, your painting is sowing social discord and civil disobedience.
    In the future, please think about the consequences of posting your work, so this doesn't happen again. Perhaps use less of whatever it is that you use to get your results?
    Thanks.

Thanks Ghool but I really despise the GW marketing philosophy . The only thing I use from GW are their new inks and even then only a few of those. Devlan Mud and Badab Black. I think the smartest thing they could do is take it all the way back to when they used pots similar to the P3 pots. 12ml compared to 18ml no thanks

I don't blame you for your political stance with GW.
    But, since their paints dry out a month after you open them anyways, smaller doesn't make much difference!
    I think Vallejo should have close matches as well, but I don't know which ones.
    I have also heard good things about Reaper Master Series metallics as well. As far as matching colours, I can't say.

It just sucks, as I've had to find replacements for the P3's, and I have already over 100 points of painted stuff. Finding a matching colour is difficult at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Plarzoid View Post
    Ghool, your painting is sowing social discord and civil disobedience.
    In the future, please think about the consequences of posting your work, so this doesn't happen again. Perhaps use less of whatever it is that you use to get your results?
    Thanks.

I got my Rhulic Gold in the faction paint set. If you can find one of them, you may get your fix.
    Not changing this sig until Cryx gets a character arcnode: 17/09/09
    Gatehouse Games, Duncansville, PA...Now with 30% more awesome
    Upcoming @ Gatehouse Games: Entropy, Cyriss Release, and Longest Night
    It's all fun and games until Major Haley shows up.

Rulic Gold I got..I need Molten Bronze..
    Ok PP time to get your paint provider to get it's poop in a scoop and solve the problem..lol

Thanks for posting the colors comparison chart! This really helps as I've been trying to get away from GW but worried about matching colors.

Annihilator

I'd get away from GW if P3 was offered at my nearby stores but GW reigns supreme there....though I have started to like their foundation line goes on alot better then most colors, but I am not pro (really need to invest in that painting dvd lol)
    The idea of mixing my own inks with p3 medium appeals to me the gw inks are okay but only come in dark and darker.

How about an update on the problem with the Rulic Gold and Molten Bronze? My original post was Feb of this year and here it is July...any movement toward solving this and getting good pots of those colors or has the ball completely been dropped?.

Combatant

I talked to a painter at the Privateer booth at Gen Con. He was painting, and I saw some metallics and asked him about it. He let me demo the new metalics they are testing and they flowed, covered, and moved well. He said they weren't going to release them until they "got them right," (to avoid what happened last time) zo he couldn't give me a release date. But they are coming.