Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zombie Conqueror

Default So i found the perfect way to pose mountain king...

First i chopped him in half. with a rotating hand cutter. he was hollow so it was easier than expected. The theme is the king's corpse sunken into a swampish wetlands looking base. Chopping his metal jaw was more than a little frustrating. Ultimately a table vice and a hacksaw did the job.

Then i mounted archangel on him. (heh heh)

I had to be careful to cut out archangels right leg as it is part of the casting for the circle runestone base. I opted for an alternate pose as im not a big fan of the left arm resting on his leg. to do this i sanded down the original arm port and cut the arm at the elbow to spin the hand for a more natural pose. I also did the same to get a natural looking resting place for his left leg. (clean cut under the joint to rotate the foot) As you can see from this vantage point. (the right half of his chest) i'm still learning my way through grey/greenstuffing. While i know i'll improve this, i'm currently pleased with the overall result.

I'm not too happy with the tail. To fit it i had to chop around an inch of it. I may have to dedicate more time to a better/cleaner fit.

I greenstuffed it temporarily while i debate other options. I'm tempted to only use the metal portion of the tail here.

i haven't added the mountain king chains and other tweaks yet. The general idea is that the base will be some sort of quicksand. I plan to green/greystuff his head to make it clearer that he's dead. perhaps shaving several millimeters off half of his head to reveal the skull or something similar. could be fun!

anyways, this is where i stand thus far. 8 hours in and my basic pose seems relatively worked out.

i'm toying with the idea of a harrier on the mountain king's arm chewing on a whelp but i don't want it looking too "busy". constructive ideas and thoughts appreciated.
    Last edited by Onyxweapon; 03-30-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling corrections

Zombie Conqueror

reserved as i update.

I'm going to set that as my wallpaper.

That is one helluvan expensive Mod. I'm digging it though

Two of you already trying the same thing. Very nice. Now if one of you would sell me that rock the Angel came off of for my Circle army...
    My name is Alviaran and I'm a token junkie. I need help.

For love. For honor. For Devilsquid.

Haha, oh man.... how am I doing to get all this drink off my keyboard/monitor now.

Too good, can't wait to see it painted.

Currently Painting up: Khador, Menoth, Cygnar, Mercenaries, Legion & Circle.

Zombie Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by KhaorvaK View Post
    That is one helluvan expensive Mod. I'm digging it though
    Actually a very frustrated troll player gave me a mountain king at a fraction of the cost. (like 40 bucks) He made me promise to do unspeakable things to it. (Which i totally did.) I have literally spent more money on custom design bases. So it was a no-brainer for me.

The thing I find funniest about this is the idea that an Archangel did that...

Sure looks neat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sun View Post
    The thing I find funniest about this is the idea that an Archangel did that...

Sure looks neat though.
    Both this and the op made me laugh , haha.

Keep up the good work, it looks good so far. I can't wait to see how you do the swamp.
    "Iron within, Iron without"
    My Circle Orboros:
    http://privateerpressforums.com/show...cle-of-Orboros

Nice love it! Now all you need is 1 or 2 half eaten troll whelps to scatter around the base.

you are going to need a plan for your you are going to make it not look like you just cut a MTK in half, if you look at mine im using cork to make it look like his impact broke up the earth, and he also going to be half eaten in the back.
    The Afflicted: Brun, Durgen, Sorcha2, Lord of the Feast, Narn, Lylyth2, Baldur1, Skarre1, Makeda3, Hexeris2, Gerlak, Eiryss2...
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    Jake! Stop trollin Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturated Phat View Post
    you are going to need a plan for your you are going to make it not look like you just cut a MTK in half, if you look at mine im using cork to make it look like his impact broke up the earth, and he also going to be half eaten in the back.
    A plan like this perhaps:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyxweapon View Post
    The theme is the king's corpse sunken into a swampish wetlands looking base.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    The Casio calculator is far better at doing math than a warjack. The warjack is better at walking around, obeying orders, and murdering things with weapons.
    Cygnar: 500 points & 14 Warcasters painted / 634 points & 14 Warcasters total

Eater of Brains computertrucker's Avatar

Now we just need to have someone figure out a way to model the mammoth kicking the crap out of all 3 of the other gargs... Hana seriously though this is a great mod. Can't wait to see it painted.

Eater of Brains

The two best mountain kings are part of another colossal/gargantuan
    Is little, and broken, but still good.

Now we just need a wold wrath on top of the archangel and a mammoth on him; gargantuan totem pole!

No seriously.... this is an awesome base for an awesomer model. Fantastic.
    ^ Support awesome people ^ . . . . . . . .Thanks for reading! . . . . . . . . ^ Painted Dudemens ^

Can't wait to see this finished. Don't forget the Mountain chains.

Looks awesome.

Subscribed.
    "Just because you lost with a list doesn't mean its bad, likewise winning with a list doesn't make it good either."

Bloody brilliant. Well done sir, I can't wait to see this finished.
    Factions I play: Khador, Cryx, Circle
    Factions I paint: Cygnar, Cryx, Circle, Khador, Legion, Trolls

In the trenches with my Man-O-War brothers.... 6 years and still we stand our ground!

I would be happy to buy/ trade you for the giant circle pillar off the Angel if you still have it ^.^
    Your money, your minis, do with them as you please
    Khador: 350+ (including 40 Man-O-Wars!)
    Circle: 326
    Searforge: 125

Zombie Conqueror

the circle pillar was hollow. after removing the leg it unfortunately only has 2 good sides left. sad cyclops agrees, what a waste. o(

In the trenches with my Man-O-War brothers.... 6 years and still we stand our ground!

hay good enough :P I was hoping to use it for terrain anyway =3 but only if you'd not wish to use it, would hate for it to go to waste
    Your money, your minis, do with them as you please
    Khador: 350+ (including 40 Man-O-Wars!)
    Circle: 326
    Searforge: 125

Zombie Annihilator ObsidianXIII's Avatar

Whoa, this is amazing! Posting to get subscribed and provide more encouragement.

That is very funny! But making Archangel even bigger.
    thebattleforhope.org
    Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything.

Zombie Conqueror

it actually only added an extra inch and a half in height from the original mount.

I SUPPORT BANNERS THAT USE PROPER GRAMMAR.

Wow! What a base that is! Best thing I've seen since the King Kong Konquest mod. Can't wait to see it painted.
    Matt Blowers

Check out my painting blog here.

Eater of Brains

My wallet hurts for you. When its done it will be a very nice center piece. Please paint it can give it justice. I really hope you play legion and this wasn't a just for kicks model
    Searforge should have Bear Cav.

Woah! This is insanely cool! When you're done, can I buy it so that I can put my Galleon standing on top of the pile?

Zombie Conqueror

UPDATED WORK! Baby was born *a girl!* and move FINALLY finalised completed and relatively unpacked. now i return to the killer project i started ages ago.

I decided lava wasnt playing nice so i set up a preliminary swamp motif and did a quick paint job for the mountan king sunken base. yes my mud/water colors are meh, but it's still in playable mode for now. I'm really liking the green skin on him. And the rework of the right arm turned out great considering i dont like greenstuff so much. within the week my goal is to get the archangel primed, clean the tail and finally decide on my legion color scheme. and get him painted and presentable. More to follow!

Also if anyone has some quick tips for bringing this swamp home i'm all ears. the last thing i want to deal with are people asking me why it's only half there.

anyways. my recent work. Yes half of the kings face is ripped off revealing the skull.
    Last edited by Onyxweapon; 11-22-2013 at 04:22 AM.

I'm digging it!, I love the skull detail
    The Afflicted: Brun, Durgen, Sorcha2, Lord of the Feast, Narn, Lylyth2, Baldur1, Skarre1, Makeda3, Hexeris2, Gerlak, Eiryss2...
    Jake! Stop trollin Jake!

Conqueror

Kind of on-topic...

Quote Originally Posted by loydb View Post
    Kind of on-topic...

Someone start up a donation account to get this rolling!

On-topic: Very cool idea. The skull and swamp look great as a base for the AA.

Reply to Legion vs my Terminus + 52 Banes List:
    there is a limit on what we can really deal with and having that many is crazy!
    Well thats a whole different story. all i have for that is saeryn and even then it might be too much to chew through. pretty funny chat though

If you're green stuffing things, pack it in around the eyes to make the King look like his eyes are closed (dead).

Awesome Idea though.
    Why is all the pirate gone?

Anyone think that Sturm & Drang should be renamed Stanley Yelnats?

Oh my goodness gracious me that is so beautiful. *go to kitchen to look for a spoon to gauge my eyes out*

Zombie Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by baronvonchaos View Post
    If you're green stuffing things, pack it in around the eyes to make the King look like his eyes are closed (dead).

Awesome Idea though.
    i did for the right eye.

Definately not factory. haha

and the other i greenstuffed an ever so small overhang of skin to make the transition to the skull even clearer.

In this one you can see the greenstuff for the leftover skin around the jowls too. I'm very happy with the overall result.
    Last edited by Onyxweapon; 11-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.

I just love that after working with you on VS in the good old days, I still get to enjoy your creativity in the now.
    Lost Hemisphere Hyperion Glittergun Tally:9 Doom Reavers, 1 WG Rifleman, 2 Necrosurgeons, 2 Stitch Thralls, 1 Scrap Thrall, 5 Bane Thralls, 1 Bane Thrall Officer, 1 Bane Thrall Standard, 2 Cephalyx Overlords, 1 Drudge, 1 Druid Wilder, 3 Knights Exemplar, 3 TFG, 1 Vassal, 1 Extoller, 2 Venators, 1 Venator Officer, 4 Beast Handlers, Dartan Vilmon, Ragman, Maelovus

I think that skill is great! The effect is very clear. Had I got here earlier, I might have suggested that the neck be bent at an unnatural angle but....

KEEP GOING! Great work so far.
    Menoth - 343 points, 8 casters - 62% painted
    Currently playing: eFeora and Thyra

Zombie Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by gdaybloke View Post
    I just love that after working with you on VS in the good old days, I still get to enjoy your creativity in the now.
    haha i miss you too man! thanks for the Kudos guys!

Break one or two of the teeth in his lower jaw, and scatter the pieces in the swamp. Also, chip or break a couple of the upper teeth.

Zombie Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by tutenkharnage View Post
    Break one or two of the teeth in his lower jaw, and scatter the pieces in the swamp. Also, chip or break a couple of the upper teeth.
    I LOVE that idea. the top teeth would go easy but the bottom teeth as you can tell were hard to work with (they got pretty warped under the heat of my original saw tool) as i dont have a functioning dremel tool at the moment i doubt i'll do much more with the lower jaw. I'll toss the idea around and decide. my main focus this week though is AA itself based, and painted. after that its just remounting it and the detail work to get some extra "pop". Like the other gouges and wounds on the mountain king i havent painted yet.

Thanks for the advice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast