Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cygnar

Default Cygnar/ Legion and more to come

So I started my first Warmachine army last week with Nemo in mind. This is my first real attempt at this and my first post here (if in wrong section please move).

I have put together the black 13th and Holt etc and based the warjack, I just have to add a little more brown stuff to a couple of the joints and then I washed the miniatures with milliput to get get rid of any pitting in the metal.

Started work on the painting-

Black undercoat

Then using the airbrush and vmair colours- this is just base coats before painting with the brush.

Dark grey blue
    blue angel blue
    Light sea blue
    White

I have fixed up the first black 13th miniature, did try nmm but wasn?t happy with the result. I have also started the second.

Another finished, started working on the third one.

Last edited by Arithon1; 12-12-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Change title and paint colour

Positively stunning sir, Ryan's face is scary-good.
    Keep the pics coming!
    --REMOVED FROM PLAY: THE SEATTLE-AREA WARMAHORDES FORUM
    --I play at Card Kingdom in Seattle, drop in for a game Tuesday and Wednesday evening!
    --Email ckwarmachine@gmail.com to join our mailing list and get event notifications.

Beautiful work, please keep updating!

envy envy envy, inspiration...but with some envy. AWESOME job man.
    There should be something like a cool picture here or a quote about something funny that has been said, but I am lazy -Pixl

Omg.... Those are stunning work! definitely going to follow this thread
    Keep them coming.....

Gosh I hate Ryan in the game lol but this is very pro! I'm thinking of getting an airbrush but I'm sorta on the fence about it. Do you use it for anything other than basecoats?

@ Nerdforest

Yes I do. I have done a couple of warmachine miniatures before just as a test for the airbrush. To give you an idea:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/269688

This was mainly airbrush with a little bit of brush work afterwards. More of a test miniature.

wow those are looking great. keep it up because i cant wait to see more

Wow!

The part that really impresses me? The stones on the base

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Scrappy Hero Pup View Post
    Wow!

The part that really impresses me? The stones on the base
    Lol...people always seem to comment on my bases and they done in hardly any time at all compared to the miniature. I will put something together on how they are done and painted here as well in the future.

Amazing job...though I think my wife will be angry at you as you have put the nail in the coffin on whether or not to get an airbrush

Truly stunning and inspires me to do a plog of the Cygnar force I am putting together.
    I treasure the moments of my life I will never get back doing other peoples work for them! \m/(0.o)\m/

Most impressive!

Very very impressive.
    For Commission work visit http://mini-painter.blogspot.com/

Destroyer of Worlds komodokeeper's Avatar

So, how exactly do you 'wash with milliput?' You definitely have me intrigued
    Some people need a weekly dose of vitamin D6 to "stay sane." Me, I just need a taste of paint and I'm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedj View Post
    I prefer the diagnosis: Chronic and Acute Spasmodic Hemorrhagic Billfold Disgorgement Disease.
    Why TheoryMachine? Because we can't afford therapy

Quote Originally Posted by komodokeeper View Post
    So, how exactly do you 'wash with milliput?' You definitely have me intrigued
    Green milliput works best. Once the miniature has been cleaned up but before you undercoat it you mix some milliput together and add some water to it and mix with an old stiff brush. It gives a watery/ milky fluid which you apply to the miniature and allow to dry. It can help fill in pitting and rough areas. Allow this to dry and you might have to sand it lightly with very fine emery paper. It just helps with those surfaces.

Finished Balck 13th today....

Fantastic work. I can't wait to see what you make of Nemo.
    Check out my Hand Cannon Online tutorials:

You can find my painted minis in the Painting Thread Locator.
    Don't be afraid to paint outside the lines!

Annihilator

Lol nemo and his frog face armour is cool

That is a gorgeous paint job on the Black 13th - and, has been mentioned, some very nice basing too.

I'm looking forwards to seeing how eNemo and the Thunderhead end up - though I'm sure your work will be miles better than mine will end up being
    A Tale of WMH 2014 - now in its third hit season!

That's the best looking black 13th I have ever seen.
    Can't wait to see your thunderhead.

Destroyer of Worlds

Fantastic.

Some excellent looking work there, I'm particularly impressed by the flesh and facial work, absolutely top notch. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, and thanks for sharing.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    But three lefts do.

Quote Originally Posted by Adept Rahn View Post
    That's the best looking black 13th I have ever seen.
    Can't wait to see your thunderhead.
    agreed. i can't stop looking because i think if i look away they will dissapear or something

ARRRGGG... Out of this world bro.... your B-13th Rocksss!!
    Can't wait to see the rest, especially Thunderhead

Destroyer of Worlds Defenstrator's Avatar

Those look fantastic. You're making me feel like amateur hour over here. More detail on how you painted them, including those lush looking bases, would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by John of Arc View Post
    Who hates Steelheads? That's like saying "Man, screw bread. Bread can go die."
    Our Warmachine and Hordes Blog.

.... stunning work...
    Most people say that what some people say is pretty stupid.
    Painted/Total points (5 points per caster per Steamroller) Cygnar 872

Dude. You've got some skills!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Plarzoid View Post
    Ghool, your painting is sowing social discord and civil disobedience.
    In the future, please think about the consequences of posting your work, so this doesn't happen again. Perhaps use less of whatever it is that you use to get your results?
    Thanks.

Conqueror
    Tennessee, turn left, go down the hill, another left, and turn right 50 fence posts past the creek.

Would you mind outlining a step-by-step process on your airbrushing the base coats? Did you just start with black undercoat and make subsequent passes through the colors to create zenithal highlights? High quality work and very much inspiring, thank you for sharing.

Very nicely painted minis. I really like the range of colors, especially on the bases.
    Circle Painting Blog
    Armies: Circle . Cygnar . Cryx

Quote Originally Posted by Wumby79 View Post
    Would you mind outlining a step-by-step process on your airbrushing the base coats? Did you just start with black undercoat and make subsequent passes through the colors to create zenithal highlights? High quality work and very much inspiring, thank you for sharing.
    It is fairly easy to explain as I am certainly not a master with an air brush. The base coat black, then followed by the air brushing Dark grey blue over the top of the black. Multiple thin coats are the key- dont try and get complete coverage in one pass and dont get worried if you can barely see a colour change, that is what you want to achieve. Next the dark angel blue is only applied from the top of the miniature and up to a 45 degree angle from the vertical. Keeping the spray light multiple light coats and I usually keep the airbrush about 15cm/3-4 inches away. At this stage you start to get the zenithal lighting effects. Then repeat with the light sea blue but restrict the number of coats of paint and once again spray only top down. Finally a very light spray of white is applied to the top of the miniature. This gives very quick shading without the need for brush work. Overall all these miniatures took less than an hour to do and make sure the miniature is dry before the next coat (a hair dryer is handy depending on where you live).

@ Defenstrator

I will put up some detail wip shots to show I do blending on cloaks, if that helps?

Conqueror
    Tennessee, turn left, go down the hill, another left, and turn right 50 fence posts past the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Arithon1 View Post
    It is fairly easy to explain as I am certainly not a master with an air brush. The base coat black, then followed by the air brushing Dark grey blue over the top of the black. Multiple thin coats are the key- dont try and get complete coverage in one pass and dont get worried if you can barely see a colour change, that is what you want to achieve. Next the dark angel blue is only applied from the top of the miniature and up to a 45 degree angle from the vertical. Keeping the spray light multiple light coats and I usually keep the airbrush about 15cm/3-4 inches away. At this stage you start to get the zenithal lighting effects. Then repeat with the light sea blue but restrict the number of coats of paint and once again spray only top down. Finally a very light spray of white is applied to the top of the miniature. This gives very quick shading without the need for brush work. Overall all these miniatures took less than an hour to do and make sure the miniature is dry before the next coat (a hair dryer is handy depending on where you live).
    Thank you.

Unbelievable work man.....

Nice, good to see you coming over to the Warmachine side of things. Saw the name on the post, thought it looked familiar, then saw the minis and recognized your style from the OZ Painters forums. I've learned a ton from your paintjobs over the years.

Fantastic B13, I know your style is going to carry over to the Thunderhead perfectly.
    QUOTE (PPS_Mod:Josh @ Sep 1 2008, 03:45 PM)
    Because 'Organized Groups of Highly Trained Individuals Supported By Military-Industrial Complexes Engaging In Large-Scale Conflict In Support Of Their Nation, God, or Coin In A Fantasy Steampunk Setting' wouldn't leave enough room for the cover art.

Forget the swans, I want to see Aiyanna and Holt painted up. Any particular reason Aiyanna is waiting in the wings? She's one of my favorite miniatures so I am excited to see what you have in store.

top notch work, very awesome. I can't wait to see more.

I have started Nemo and base coated Aiyanna ( @Mozz different base coat air brushing- done on weekend). I still have a lot to do on Nemo, I am about half way thorugh. Sorry about the bad photographs, I was a bit rushed this morning.

i just want to sit and actually watch you paint and try to figure out how you are doing that. nemo looks great, cant wait to see him finished

Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    i just want to sit and actually watch you paint and try to figure out how you are doing that. nemo looks great, cant wait to see him finished
    That can probably be arranged... lets see how much is airfare?
    Most people say that what some people say is pretty stupid.
    Painted/Total points (5 points per caster per Steamroller) Cygnar 872

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Lol... not cheap. If you know Australia at all- see that little island at the bottom underneath the mainland. That is where I live.

Destroyer of Worlds Justin Kase's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    You know - it would almost be worth the price of admission

Quote Originally Posted by Arithon1 View Post
    Overall all these miniatures took less than an hour to do ...

I will put up some detail wip shots to show I do blending on cloaks, if that helps?
    These are amazing - and that this only took an hour or so makes me dizzy :P

Looking forward to seeing more, and those cloak blending shots.

Checked out your stuff on CMON as well, your Andrea models almost looks like photos!
    Last edited by Justin Kase; 07-31-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast