Default Papercraft Iosan Dice Tower - Scyrah's Blessings Upon Your Dice

Hello fellow Iosan warriors. I recently built a papercraft dice tower with a marble Retribution of Scyrah theme, and decided to make it into a PDF with documentation so I could share it with the entirety of the Retribution. Personally, I have built a reputation as a player with an uncanny record of below average dice rolls... a blessed tower of Scyrah must surely bring better fortune to one in her service! Now, I understand that this thread may technically qualify as "Fan Art" and belong in that sub-forum (in which case, obviously, go ahead Mods) but it's also a gift very specific to the Retribution players, so I opted to post to the Faction Community instead. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves... it's a W 5" x L 10" x H 12" tower constructed from a 12 page PDF (link provided below). The PDF is in ISO A4 paper size, but it should also print correctly to a US Letter sized page so long as you turn off any resizing features and the "Auto Center" print option in Acrobat Reader.

I hope you like it and I look forward to your feedback!
    ~Apocryphim

Also, allow me to highlight the following Disclaimer, as stated on the PDF:

This is a work of fan art, produced in abidance of Fair Use. Any use of this product for profit is prohibited. Portions of the materials used are ®, (tm),(mr), and/or (mc) Privateer Press, Inc., and/or copyrighted works of Privateer Press, Inc., in the United States of America and elsewhere. Images originating from the Privateer Press website are © 2001?2011 Privateer Press, Inc. WARMACHINE ®, HORDES, and their logos are trademarks of Privateer Press, Inc. Images and trademarks used without permission. All rights reserved, Privateer Press, Inc. This material is not official and is not endorsed by Privateer Press, Inc.

Cover of the PDF:

Photo of My Constructed Tower:

PDF Download Link: DOWNLOAD

Conqueror

I am probably going to use this as a basis for a few buildings for terrain, looks great for its purpose though. Excellent job.

2011 Win/Lose/Draw
    Skorne: 0/0/0 Circle: 1/0/0 Retribution: 0/0/0 Searforge: 0/0/0 Khador: 0/0/0 Cryx: 0/0/0 Cygnar: 0/0/0 Legion: 0/0/0 Thornfall: 0/0/0 Blindwater: 0/0/0

Destroyer of Worlds Mastershake's Avatar

Not a fan of dice towers, but it's a good building template, might have to steal it.

Yes, by all means... kitbash it for your own buildings to your heart's content. I'll soon share some of the graphics assets I made as well, including a super-clean vector AI/ hi-res .png formatted Scyrah logo rebuilt from scratch and, of course, the "triple swirly doodad" adorning the top of this dice tower, also in vector AI/ hi-res.png. Since there is a shortage of appropriately themed Iosan scenery built with Warmachine terrain rules in mind, I'm sure I'll be building more of that as time allows.

Destroyer of Worlds AJ the Ronin's Avatar

I see this (Awesome by the way) and make me wish World Works had a license agreement with PP.

Yeah, that was my feeling as well. I've been building World Works kits for the last 6 years... I really like how well it turns out, especially considering how economical it is. Now they've got a license agreement with Wyrd Games for Malifaux, which I abandoned in favor of Warmachine/Hordes. Since I don't suspect anything between WW and PP will happen in the near future, I'm just going to make the pieces I need by myself. Obviously, I wish I had the time to do lots of it, but I've still got 100 points of Retribution yet to paint in my limited free time. I work in graphic design / 3d modelling these days, and I've got a printer with a CISS system, so why the heck not...

Wow, that's cool.
    I also like the multiple 6s in the second picture
    01010111 01101000 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00111111
    Not my calendar, but check it out!

Great stuff. I like how all the dice at the bottom of the tower in the tray area came up 6's.
    With pants comes dignity.

Destroyer of Worlds Wintersmith's Avatar

Awesome work! It looks really good.

<tips his hat to you>
    "I ask you, do we permit our great people to fade into history? Do we? Or do we rattle the sword and shield, draw the bow, and make such a clamor as to be remembered for all time!" -The Consul Caelcyr Nyarr, speaking before the assembly of the Consulate Court, 605 AR
    If your strategy relies on two 50/50 chances both succeeding you're going to fail three quarters of the time.

Awsomesauce!
    Your skills are excellent

Destroyer of Worlds

Awesome! Any chance of a clean version of the pieces? I've half a mind to print it out, color it black, and do some Cryxy things...
    ==SUCCESSFUL ITERATIONS CONVERGE TOWARD INEVITABLE VICTORY==
    SYN:6:4 AUR:3:7 AXS:3:7 DIR:1:1 LUC:0:0

My other bond is on a ROVER.

This is great.
    Charging...
    Charging...
    Charging complete!
    Fire Teleforce Cannon? Type Y/N: |

Glad y'all like . An encouraging response is just what a fella' needs to produce more.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrDraconis View Post
    Awesome! Any chance of a clean version of the pieces? I've half a mind to print it out, color it black, and do some Cryxy things...
    I uploaded a Rar compressed archive with 300dpi JPG versions of the untextured tower for you... basically, outlines and foldlines only. Instructions and image labels are not included, so you may need to reference the PDF. You should be able to bring them into your favorite image editing program and go crazy. Link

Cheers,
    Apocryphim

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Apocryphim View Post
    Glad y'all like . An encouraging response is just what a fella' needs to produce more.

I uploaded a Rar compressed archive with 300dpi JPG versions of the untextured tower for you... basically, outlines and foldlines only. Instructions and image labels are not included, so you may need to reference the PDF. You should be able to bring them into your favorite image editing program and go crazy. Link

Cheers,
    Apocryphim
    Shiny! Many thanks.
    ==SUCCESSFUL ITERATIONS CONVERGE TOWARD INEVITABLE VICTORY==
    SYN:6:4 AUR:3:7 AXS:3:7 DIR:1:1 LUC:0:0

My other bond is on a ROVER.