Default Menoth "Alternate" color schemes?

Anyone know what the alternate color schemes are for PoM based on the books?

I am about to start painting my army and would like to know what the options are...thanks.

Destroyer of Worlds Invaderzahn's Avatar

My army is based off the color scheme the Testament of Menoth has (Black armor, Gold/ Brass Trim, Beige robes, Beige shoulder armor and sanguine details)
    InvaderZahn's 3D musings

ಠ_ಠ ... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by meleemadness View Post
    Anyone know what the alternate color schemes are for PoM based on the books?

I am about to start painting my army and would like to know what the options are...thanks.
    Two I can recall off the top of my head:

The Umber Guard - all orange/brown-ish, they had their own "theme" rules in mk1
    The Interdiction of the Covenant - Cream, dark blue, and steel with gold accents and red menofixes. There's a guide to painting this scheme in the latest NQ.

(Personally, I never gave much heed to the book color schemes. I'd rather not go snowblind looking at my army!)

Most of them are in Superiority, I beleive.

Which I have handy. *digs book up*

Okay, there are
    -The Umberguard
    -The paladin Armor of Mourning; off-white(though still neutral greyscale, not menoth white, just not bright white) base armor with dark navy blue decoration and cloth, with dark red trim.
    -The Interdiction of Judgement; Pale purple armor, dark purple trim/cloth, gold decoration.
    -The Interdiction of The Covenant; Menoth-white armor with gold trim(normal protectorate mostly), however dark navy blue in place of red, and dark gray pistons on the 'jacks.
    -Amon's Battlegroup(who's name I can't seem to find); normal protectorate colors, except that the red is a more vibrant hue, and is the primary color, with the off-white only used for decorations about equal with the gold.

That's all in Superiority. You probably want to look at the book yourself. I couldn't find pictures of any of the paint schemes except the umberguard, but the book has pictures for each.

Hmm, thanks for the info. That does help....i never could find Superiority at my LGS's and with MK II so close I never bothered to order it (somewhat new to the game).

I did see a jack that was painted black and had the metal trim in gold/bronze and the cloth was red....that looked nice.

I might use the normal color scheme but make the main chasis of the jacks black and keep the shoulder, leg and arm plates white.

I think theres another thats Red with silver accents... I think they have something to do with Feora IIRC.

The Road to Salvation is Paved with the Skulls of Heretics
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayton View Post
    I prefer to think a Khador stealth jack just has "IGNORE ME" written along the front of the chassis.

That's in Escalation (the Red). It's quite lovely, and I'm basing my doubles of my tfg on them . Great contrast to the rest of your army. I hope the new books shows off varying color themes

A friend of mine painted his PoM in the Umber Guard scheme (before he kinda quit the game), and it looks really great and is easy to paint and easy to make look really great!
    Valander! Don't click "View Post"! Just. Dont.

Destroyer of Worlds baronvonchaos's Avatar

So is it Superiority or Escalation. I know Escalation had some alt schemes in there. I may have to go pick up Nq. I like seeing different paint schemes as it gives me ideas on what I want to do with the colors and blending, etc...

Off topic: Btw Halbard100 I want your avatar as my next jack... Huge friggin sword... Armor piercing. critical decapitation...
    Last edited by baronvonchaos; 01-08-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Why is all the pirate gone?

I wasn't a fan of any of the alternative color schemes (except the amon/feora red scheme, but coming from 40K blood angels I had enough of painting red...) so all I did was a pallet swap of the white/cream and purple/burgundy colors. It keeps things so simple - pull up pictures and literally reverse where those colors are, leaving most everything else the same.

Oddly enough, my paint scheme is being stolen from a weapon from World of Warcraft >.> Haven't actually started on it yet though, I need to find the right purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz View Post
    -The Interdiction of Judgement; Pale purple armor, dark purple trim/cloth, gold decoration.
    i have mine painted in a version of tower of judgement (same thing) after my friend told me thats where reznik lives. but i use dark purple armour and light purple cloth, looks alot better.

superiority had all the colour schemes and all the background info about the Army composition for each faction. its a really good book.

Are you talking about official schemes? or just what have people done with their Protectorate?

Seeing other color schemes would be cool. Just getting into Menoth and I don't like the white and red.

Not sure what colors I should paint mine.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by MrRuffles View Post
    Seeing other color schemes would be cool. Just getting into Menoth and I don't like the white and red.

Not sure what colors I should paint mine.
    I painted up a test model, before i decided to stick with my Cryx. I really chose this scheme because prefer painting blue to red. I'm pretty happy the way he came out.

Here's a thread showing a bunch of non-official Protectorate Paint Schemes. Feel free to steal ideas, or combine them into something of your own!

http://www.privateerpressforums.com/...ead.php?t=2726

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
    I painted up a test model, before i decided to stick with my Cryx. I really chose this scheme because prefer painting blue to red. I'm pretty happy the way he came out.

Looks like... Cygnar... *glare*

(It's pretty though, but you didn't hear that from me.)

Does anyone have pictures of the Paladin Armor of Mourning scheme? I've always loved paladins (sounds like I'm not alone), and now that I'm finally diving head first into WM, I'm intrigued. I like blue, I like paladins, seems only fitting...

yea i am trying to figure out what to paint my eKreoss i painted him and he wasent as intimidating as he should be. Dark Angles Green, Marron Red,Silver,Boltgun Metal. If you guys know a new scheme that is not listed or got any idead look for the thread that says eKreoss new paint scheme.
    Roll for Abomination, son I play Menoth have you seen Vindictus turn a warpwolf into a human zealot nothing is as terrifying as that.

Ever Feel Like the Thunderhead is a smooth criminal, because I sure have that feel about him.

Destroyer of Worlds

Before I sold it off, my little bit of PoM was done up in primarily maroon with ivory trim and bronze/silver details.
    ==SUCCESSFUL ITERATIONS CONVERGE TOWARD INEVITABLE VICTORY==
    SYN:6:4 AUR:3:7 AXS:3:7 DIR:2:1 LUC:0:0

My other bond is on a ROVER.

I like white with purple robes/sashes etc and gold trim.
    Playing: Khador, Legion, Cryx, Trollbloods, Menoth

Have ya seen my Menoth?

My Blog: http://my.opera.com/MUHNAY/blog/
    I will admit to some nasty enjoyment of insecure people freaking out because I have impugned the manliness of their hobby, but that's a minor side benefit.---Dave