Page 69 of 95 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,760 of 3799

Succubus is up Vynde. That makes another model you'd be able to use for Masters at LnL, and two models for me to buy for you the day before.....the model looks pretty good to me. Certainly better than the artwork for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Plarzoid View Post
    Ghool, your painting is sowing social discord and civil disobedience.
    In the future, please think about the consequences of posting your work, so this doesn't happen again. Perhaps use less of whatever it is that you use to get your results?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghool View Post
    Succubus is up Vynde. That makes another model you'd be able to use for Masters at LnL, and two models for me to buy for you the day before.....the model looks pretty good to me. Certainly better than the artwork for sure.
    Damn it, i was hoping the Naga would be at LnL.. hmm will have to try my kallus list now! with the possibilitie of farilor and succubus being at LnL my list would be complete!

PG for the Sentry Box - Calgary, AB
    I still stand by my statement, "I don't hate Legion, I hate Vynde."

Quote Originally Posted by Vynde View Post
    Something, something, something, Dark Side. Something, something, something, complete!
    Fixed that for you.
    In the future, please think about the consequences of posting your work, so this doesn't happen again. Perhaps use less of whatever it is that you use to get your results?
    Thanks.

Fixed that for you.
    touche sir..

The succubus looks really good.....most of the models that have come out recently are impressing me.......i'm taking it as a good sign

What was the clock app were you using at the steamroller USB?

I suggest we invest in some chess clocks, or at the very least, kitchen timers. This way, no one has to rely on their cell phone to stay charged for the entire tournament.
    I will look into the kitchen timers, as each chess clock is going to cost a minimum of $30US plus shipping (which includes the discount for a bulk order; see below).

We'd need about 8 clocks for our largest turn-out so far. I assume we'd be able to start with that many, and add a couple later on.

It would take an investment of about $20 for each of us that turns out every Sunday for a group pile of clocks for tournaments.

What we can also do, is just take stock of who wants to chip in for a clock for themselves, and it's theirs to keep for the $31 price tag. We'd just have to have it on loan if said person wasn't going to make it for a tournament.

This is the clock I have my eye on. It's high quality, and the best price I've been able to find.
    We'd also need 2 'C' batteries for each clock. Costco has them in bulk.

Now the million dollar question; Who's interested?
    Last edited by Ghool; 04-10-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Thanks.

I would chip for clocks for the group. Although it would be cool to have one of my own too, I would pay the 31 to own a clock for my home games.
    Failing rolls on loaded dice all day. | I play Darius... in tournaments.

I suggest we invest in some chess clocks, or at the very least, kitchen timers. This way, no one has to rely on their cell phone to stay charged for the entire tournament.
    I will look into the kitchen timers, as each chess clock is going to cost a minimum of $30US plus shipping (which includes the discount for a bulk order; see below).

We'd need about 8 clocks for our largest turn-out so far. I assume we'd be able to start with that many, and add a couple later on.

It would take an investment of about $20 for each of us that turns out every Sunday for a group pile of clocks for tournaments.

What we can also do, is just take stock of who wants to chip in for a clock for themselves, and it's theirs to keep for the $31 price tag. We'd just have to have it on loan if said person wasn't going to make it for a tournament.

This is the clock I have my eye on. It's high quality, and the best price I've been able to find.

How much is the bulk discount? I want to buy one fully for myself.

Yah i got another awesome alliance.. Trolls.. how is it possible two leagues in a row my 'ally' doesnt exist in our group? sigh.
    Give me time, mate. Give me time.

Cheers

Those are the same clocks we bought in Red Deer and I recommend them. They cost us about $30 per so you look like you are on the right track.
    Deathclock games take Warmahordes to the next level.

The App i use is called game clock deluxe (i have the pro edition.....cost like .99 i think, and it works good) and i totally agree with investing in proper chess clocks. The Battery on my tablet works really good, but i'd dread to have it die during the final round of a tournament. I'm not sure if i would buy one for home, but i'd definitely throw $30 into the pot to get some for our community.

Id be willing to chip in 20-30$ to help the group out, have been having a blast playing. Hopefully I can make it down for some 50 pt games this sunday.

$31 is the cost for a bulk discount on 5-10 clocks. That price would get you a clock for yourself.
    We also have to factor in shipping, and the cost of the batteries. But, if everyone is getting their own clock, they can supply their own batteries.

For the tournament in May, I'm going to do a bunch of random draws instead of having Biggest Loser, and maybe even axe the Best Painted army prize in order to do-so. This depends on the turn-out of course.

This would be to give some prizes to the guys that always place somewhere in the middle.
    Thanks.

Winter argus......and new menoth plastic kit are up.....the sactifier looks pretty cool.

For the tournament in May, I'm going to do a bunch of random draws instead of having Biggest Loser, and maybe even axe the Best Painted army prize in order to do-so. This depends on the turn-out of course.

This would be to give some prizes to the guys that always place somewhere in the middle.
    Makes sense, eventually the tournie scene will get stagnent with players, won't need to always have a best painted prize.

I like both finally I'll have something to buy other than a couple books a L&L
     photo 8439020405_2b57e6d3af_o_zps99dd37d0.png

It looks like June is going to be a big month for releases.

It also looks like we got the snub from Imaginary Wars on the local forum....
    Thanks.

So what? No privateer press support? Oh well....we will just have to figure it out ourselves.

Warrior

I am in and will pay for a clock. I am interested in a 50 point game this sunday, anyone interested? Ghool, i am going to pm you about L&L.

Quote Originally Posted by usbprime View Post
    So what? No privateer press support? Oh well....we will just have to figure it out ourselves.
    Well, when I talked to them at Great White about what games I played, I felt as though they were looking down their noses at me for being an 'inferior' miniatures gamer.

It's not anything I'm really concerned about, and to be honest, the amount of space they have isn't going to be large enough just for our regular meet-ups.

I also don't feel they want their entire store filled with Warmachine/Hordes guys on Sunday, especially if they won't be carrying any of the product. I don't know if they will be carrying anything from PP. Has anyone taken a look in there?

I'll take a tally of who wants a chess clock on Sunday.
    Last edited by Ghool; 04-11-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Thanks.

i was going to take a look yesterday, but i never made it......i may swing by on saturday.

Zombie Conqueror

Hey guys, so I got everything sorted with Privateer Press and I actually have an order for the Menoth / Khador box set. I'm taking the Menoth, my friend is taking the Khador. You guys still playing at Sentry box at the weekends? Mind if he and I stop by sometime and meet the lot of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryage View Post
    Hey guys, so I got everything sorted with Privateer Press and I actually have an order for the Menoth / Khador box set. I'm taking the Menoth, my friend is taking the Khador. You guys still playing at Sentry box at the weekends? Mind if he and I stop by sometime and meet the lot of you?
    Not a problem! We're always open to welcoming new victims...er, I mean players to pummel...um...I mean play against!

Seriously, if you guys need a demo, I can walk you two through one, but I'll be running my painting day for the most part. Once he gets a demo game in, there should be a few guys to get some more games in against.

We meet up every Sunday when the Sentry Box opens at 11am. We're usually there until 4pm or there-abouts.
    Last edited by Ghool; 04-12-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Thanks.

Ghool jests.. he cant pummel anyone

But yah, It looks like the group will be out in full force this sunday so come on down. If Ghool isnt available im sure one of us can throw a demo your way, I've done a few

Ghool jests.. he cant pummel anyone
    *sigh* It's sad but true....
    Thanks.

Zombie Conqueror

Awesome. Im usually there every sunday anyway buying new stuff for Pathfinder nights (new minis, etc) so i'll stop by... i assume you guys just play on the tables up top... are you in the back room up top or in the main / common area?

Awesome. Im usually there every sunday anyway buying new stuff for Pathfinder nights (new minis, etc) so i'll stop by... i assume you guys just play on the tables up top... are you in the back room up top or in the main / common area?
    You can't miss us; we're the biggest group aside from the Pokemon kids. We're usually right beside the painting demo, or in the back room.
    Thanks.

Salutations gentlemen, and fellow gamers. Recently it has come to light that I hate putting together pewter models. Basing and painting is fine, but the very idea of pinning another pewter model makes me wish for death. This has come as a surprise to me, because holy pockets full of man sauce do I love putting together plastic GW models. Anyways, I was wondering if there is any of the core group that would be willing to build these suckers for me. Obviously I'd prefer volunteer work, because unlike me you just happen to love doing it, but by no means would I expect it. I would be willing to discuss a reasonable fee for services rendered. Currently I have 10 Cryx Bane knights, 6 Bloodgorgers, with General Slaughterborn, Pistol Wraith (variant pose), DeathJack, a Wraith Engine, a Master Necrotech Mortenebra and Deryliss. I am aware that for those of you going to L&L there might be a shortage of time. I am in no rush.

Hey dude, pewter isn't that bad.....you just need some good glue. if you stop in this weekend, ask the guys, as i know most of them prefer certain types available from sentry. I for one, use an industrial type of cyano-acetate, but generic superglue types from the hardware store should work good(Bleed has been using Loc-tite with some success lately) Unlike plastic models, you won't be able to assemble 50 models in one afternoon, but you'll grow to appreciate them significantly more. For certain models, a pin drill is a must, Deathjack, wraith engine for certain......i even pinned mort and deryliss, but i like to go a little overboard with my pins......i think terminus has upwards of 20-30 pins in him (honestly i stopped counting after 15) of various sizes ranging from 1/64" to 1/8".......but he is also heavily reposed/converted.

I use Krazy Glue from the grocery store.. works awesome.

Zombie Conqueror

I bought one of those overpriced $12 citadel superglues with the brush applicator and I find it puts on the PERFECT amount of glue for pewter models since its not globbed on too much. It's thin enough that the bonding will dry relatively quickly.

Once I ran out of that and wanted to keep using the brush applicator (since I think that was the key more than the citadel stuff...) I did what Vynde does, buy the Krazy glue from grocery store or walmart for like $1-$2 and constantly refill it.

Though my buddy uses glue he bought from sentry box, think its in the orange tube and has either a purple or blue label on it and he swears by the stuff.

Happy to see how active this thread is!

Anyway I purchased that two player battle box and for Menoth I am getting:

Warcaster High Exemplar Kreoss
    Crusader Heavy Warjack
    Vanquisher Heavy Warjack
    Repenter Light Warjack
    Exemplar Cinerators Unit (5 models)

Out of it... anybody able to give me any advice on what to collect next?

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonChromoly View Post
    Salutations gentlemen, and fellow gamers. Recently it has come to light that I hate putting together pewter models. Basing and painting is fine, but the very idea of pinning another pewter model makes me wish for death. This has come as a surprise to me, because holy pockets full of man sauce do I love putting together plastic GW models. Anyways, I was wondering if there is any of the core group that would be willing to build these suckers for me. Obviously I'd prefer volunteer work, because unlike me you just happen to love doing it, but by no means would I expect it. I would be willing to discuss a reasonable fee for services rendered. Currently I have 10 Cryx Bane knights, 6 Bloodgorgers, with General Slaughterborn, Pistol Wraith (variant pose), DeathJack, a Wraith Engine, a Master Necrotech Mortenebra and Deryliss. I am aware that for those of you going to L&L there might be a shortage of time. I am in no rush.
    You hate assembly and pinning? Then you sir, have picked the absolutely worst faction for this.

Get a pin vice, and some brass rod, and make it a part of the painting process. One day you might find it enjoyable....but then again, it's Cryx, soooo.....yeah.
    Thanks.

... anybody able to give me any advice on what to collect next?
    Whatever you think looks cool.
    However, it being Menoth, your next purchase should definitely be the Choir.
    Thanks.

Zombie Conqueror

I've heard both the choir and vassals are essential for powering up the jacks...

Ugh cant wait for my order to arrive so I can read the rule book haha

Choir is essential, menoth jacks are built around the inclusion of them. The reckoner for the points cost is their best and most flexible jack. Infantry and solo's on the other hand are more caster dependent, although errants can be pretty flexible with most of their casters. My advice is pick a caster, then ask for advice.

I've heard both the choir and vassals are essential for powering up the jacks...

Ugh cant wait for my order to arrive so I can read the rule book haha
    I'm going to point you guys to the Local Forums, so you can check the calendar for events, and rules.

I run events at the Sentry Box, but there are a few other stores around town that host them as well. My events however, have the largest prize pools and prize support. The leagues at the Sentry Box are also free, which I know the other stores that run them, are not.

Depending on your location, and the days you are free, you can find a venue that will fit you best. Myth Games is on Friday nights, Trilogy is Saturday nights, and Sentry Box is Sundays.

But, that said, we're the most fun to be around.
    Thanks.

Zombie Conqueror

I'm going to point you guys to the Local Forums, so you can check the calendar for events, and rules.

I run events at the Sentry Box, but there are a few other stores around town that host them as well. My events however, have the largest prize pools and prize support. The leagues at the Sentry Box are also free, which I know the other stores that run them, are not.

Depending on your location, and the days you are free, you can find a venue that will fit you best. Myth Games is on Friday nights, Trilogy is Saturday nights, and Sentry Box is Sundays.

Sold. I've been going to sentry box since I was 13-14 anyway (I'm 29 now...) so I'd gladly join you guys as I'm familiar with the store/staff.

Look forward to meeting you guys, btw my names Wayne so when I show up i don't have to say "LOL IM CRYAGE ON PP'S FORUM!" (Feel weird using alias in real life haha).

Sold. I've been going to sentry box since I was 13-14 anyway (I'm 29 now...) so I'd gladly join you guys as I'm familiar with the store/staff.

Look forward to meeting you guys, btw my names Wayne so when I show up i don't have to say "LOL IM CRYAGE ON PP'S FORUM!" (Feel weird using alias in real life haha).
    Sorry.. but get used to being called by your forum alias for awhile haha.. Slippyfist calls me by my forum name.. and hes been playing with us for months.. and has my name in his phone even. Most of us will introduce ourselves by name and then let you know our forum names so you can put a face to Alias.

too true.
    Last edited by Vynde; 04-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I don't have anything but an alias....
    Thanks.

Page 69 of 95 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast