Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    whicken

Default iBodger a Force Constructor for iPhone

Just a quick update. Version 1.8.1 is getting a quick rundown from the Testing Thralls. Assuming we can verify the update is solid, I'll submit it to the app store sometime this weekend, which should make it available sometime around Dec 10.

Release notes (so far):
    - Added MkII Hordes (Battlegroups, new stats)
    - Added Mercs (Dannon, Basher, Harlan)
    - Added Stryker, Haley variants to collection

Annihilator

Awesome. My life is horrible without the MK2 hordes changes in there.

Great program!!!

CodeRed97

ALL HAIL WHICKEN! Seriously though, thanks so much dude. From one player to another, you make my life so much easier.

Angelust

Yeah, Ibodger is a lifesaver. Thanks for all the hard work!

LAWwaldo

Yah thanks guys. It is the only redeeming factor to having my Iphone.

im guessing the android version wont b ready until after christmas what with all the mk2 stuff and the FT?

whicken

I'm hoping to do some Android work this weekend, depends on how much turkey I eat...

ThePaintingMage

Great Idear but I need a iPhone first

whicken

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaintingMage View Post
    Great Idear but I need a iPhone first
    Works on iPod Touches also...

Destroyer of Worlds Drillermaniac's Avatar

Whicken, you are great. Thank you for all the hard work, and do not quit this. Please.

tinman_xl

When I got my Iphone the first App I grabbed was iBodger.

robperk

Thanks for the update on iBodger. Awesome app!!!

I look forward to building my MK2 Troll armies

Falstead

Quote Originally Posted by tinman_xl View Post
    When I got my Iphone the first App I grabbed was iBodger.
    THIS. Hell, it was what finally pushed me over the edge into getting an iPhone. I love the little guy and I love iBodger.

BlueDane

I am actually switching over to an Iphone because of this App. Thanks!

Ptemplarcrish

I cant wait myself...Ive been following this post very closely through the old forum, and am happy to see its return.

Cant wait for that Droid App, as I will be upgrading my current, dinky little phone in about 2 weeks (thanks to that handy little $100 credit)

Nikodms

I just got a Motorola Droid, so if you need some one to help test the android software, let me know. I haven't done any testing before, but it takes all kinds, right?
    -Nikodms

whicken

Once I get it all put together, I'll start collecting a list of Droid Thralls to help test. It's still a ways off. On the plus side, I did manage to get my build environment updated, and got the shell application working again. Next I need to flesh out a bunch of sub-activities for the various features and connect them to the backend code. Finally, I'll need to sync up the Java code with the iPhone code, since it's changed quite a bit since I first did the port (as in all the MkII changes).

following on twitter, seems slow going, obviously trickier than the iphone version. let me throw some encouragement by saying you are doing a wonderful thing for this hobby and i would gladly pay for this app. its so good! A hearty thanks and a drink for you should we ever meet!

Bonehead

Is there any chance that the following features could be added?

1) Send lists and collection to Google Docs?
    2) Show collections by number of models, total points, or models/points?

whicken

Not necessarily trickier, I just have more experience with the iPhone than Android at this point. However, it's just the learning curve for the UI that I need to get over, then it should be smooth enough sailing.

whicken

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Is there any chance that the following features could be added?

1) Send lists and collection to Google Docs?
    2) Show collections by number of models, total points, or models/points?
    Those are both on the request list, so have a good chance of showing up. At the moment, aside from some cleanup, I'm going to focus on the Android version before adding more features to the iPhone.

tusic

Quote Originally Posted by whicken View Post
    Once I get it all put together, I'll start collecting a list of Droid Thralls to help test. It's still a ways off. On the plus side, I did manage to get my build environment updated, and got the shell application working again. Next I need to flesh out a bunch of sub-activities for the various features and connect them to the backend code. Finally, I'll need to sync up the Java code with the iPhone code, since it's changed quite a bit since I first did the port (as in all the MkII changes).
    See, and I was thinking about dipping my hands into a bit of Android development and seeing if I could do anything about getting a PP app going. After what you said in this post, and it's ability to confuse me, I'm thinking being an Android dev is not in my future...

whicken

It's all about taking one step at a time. There's some getting started info here:

http://developerlife.com/tutorials/?p=300

I'm also using the CommonsWare Android books to help get up to speed (http://commonsware.com/).

cgon00

@Whicken - thanks for your time and effort that you are putting in to this. I cant wait to help test (if you need volunteers) the Android version of this but I am guessing you already have my name down.

Evilmerlin

Good to know that the Android version under development! Hooray!

kakita

any chgance to get the MK2 hordes points on ibodger? >.>;;

Lexington

Whicken, I just want to say how very much I appreciate all your work on iBodger. It's a heck of a job for one guy, especially with no pay. I'm an Android phone owner, and my gaming group seems to be adopting the platform more and more lately, so we're all very excited for the Android version.

whicken

Quote Originally Posted by kakita View Post
    any chance to get the MK2 hordes points on ibodger? >.>;;
    The new version was uploaded to the App Store a few days ago. There are a couple minor bugs to fix, but I may wait for the initial release to be available before making those changes, so that people can get the initial release faster.

Unfortunately, I can't make the App Store approval process go any faster - it runs about a 10-14 day lag from when I upload to when it becomes available.

whicken

Version 1.8.5 with support for MkII Hordes is now available.

There are a few minor known issues which will be fixed and uploaded shortly for the next release, but please report any issues you might find. (I'll post the current list of known items here when I get a chance.)

Turtle

Thanks for this! You have no idea how much this has helped my gaming and I just wanted to express how much I appreciate this free app and your efforts.

Angelust

Weird, whenever I download/update it, it keeps loading up 1.8. Anyone else having this prob?

I love this app so very much.

whicken, your app completes me.

LemmingStampede

I'm having the same trouble as Angelust. It won't update to 1.8.5, just stays at 1.8

whicken

Sometimes not all the servers are updated at the same time, so it may take up to 24 hours for everyone to be able to see the new version.

kakita

whooo just updated and installed... makes everything so much easier =)

LemmingStampede

So, yay Whicken, boo hiss Apple. Got it.

bloodstrike

So I can see the update on the app store, but when I try and update I still have 1.8 installed with no hordes mkII support. Even tried deleting the app and reinstalling but no luck. Anybody have any idea why I can't update? Posting from the iPhone, of course

Lunatic Calm

I am in the same situation as bloostrike. Seems like it updated, but it didn't.

PPS_Mod:Bobaferret

I just grabbed it, but I'm having a different issue that might make me go back to my test version.

Email on the way!

Edit: It said I was downloading the newest update, but it appears to have stuck 1.8 on my iPod. >_<

moorg

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Calm View Post
    I am in the same situation as bloostrike. Seems like it updated, but it didn't.
    Ditto.

Never seen this before.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast