Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    34

    Unhappy Reliable online stores?

    Hey, not sure if this is in the right place, or if it's been asked and answered before. If so, apologies.

    I live in Auckland, New Zealand so one can imagine it is not the easiest to purchase Privateer Press products. The only store near me that I know of is an hour's drive away and costs me more in parking than the goods I buy. As such I have been looking for a reliable online store instead.

    I've tried the Privateer Press store, but it's been two months since I bought a few No Quarters and it's yet to be delivered. I also tried Defiant Gaming in Australia but my current order is two weeks overdue and they do not know where it is.

    Does anyone here know of a reliable online store here in Australasia? Or even elsewhere as long as the shipping is not too expensive?

    Thanks for any info.

    Dhurrin

  2. #2
    Destroyer of Worlds Draxos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Im pretty sure they ship to the land down under but id try TheWarStore.com

    Press Ganger for the North Denver Metro Area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud-Gatherer View Post
    I wish my faction had such awesome stuff that a model that heals already-hard-to-kill models just by hanging around was considered "the worst release [we've] had for a while."
    Quote Originally Posted by gdaybloke View Post
    (*flops around like a walrus, barking incessantly*)

  3. #3
    Annihilator The Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    585

    Default

    1st- Please try and buy from your local store as it also provides you a place to play.
    2nd- If you cannot buy from a local store then the place to go is Miniature Market Free Shipping over $75 and 25% off retail prices.

  4. #4
    Combatant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    yep,If I can't get it local, I order from Miniature Market.com.
    They're free shipping is nice and their customer service has been great.

  5. #5
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, CT
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Junkie View Post
    1st- Please try and buy from your local store as it also provides you a place to play.
    2nd- If you cannot buy from a local store then the place to go is Miniature Market Free Shipping over $75 and 25% off retail prices.
    1st: The OP already addressed that he has no local store as a valid option in his initial post.

    2nd: Can we for once not turn this into a LGS vs. Internet rant?

    Back on topic: The Warstore has never failed me and i do much buisness with them.

  6. #6

    Default

    I know some people swear by http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php
    Not Australian, but they have free international shipping.

    The Warstore is great but doesn't accommodate international shoppers as much.

  7. #7
    Captain Cynic hausdorff space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurrin View Post
    Hey, not sure if this is in the right place, or if it's been asked and answered before. If so, apologies.

    I live in Auckland, New Zealand so one can imagine it is not the easiest to purchase Privateer Press products. The only store near me that I know of is an hour's drive away and costs me more in parking than the goods I buy. As such I have been looking for a reliable online store instead.

    I've tried the Privateer Press store, but it's been two months since I bought a few No Quarters and it's yet to be delivered. I also tried Defiant Gaming in Australia but my current order is two weeks overdue and they do not know where it is.

    Does anyone here know of a reliable online store here in Australasia? Or even elsewhere as long as the shipping is not too expensive?

    Thanks for any info.

    Dhurrin
    There's a store in Auckland called Vagabonds ... they're in town, they're not a store I consider worth supporting - they want $74NZ for a Trencher Cannon, which is twice the US price.
    They've also been terribly unhelpful to the community in the past... though are 'supposedly' getting better.

    If you want to support 'locally', then email MkI (in Hamilton) - these guys are great, (IIRC) ship nationally for free; though they had limited stock the last time I checked.
    There's also Comics Compulsion in Chch, which is run by some great guys and are hugely supportive of their locals... and could do with some help (given the Chch situation), though they can be hard to get in touch with.
    ...there's also a couple of other very small stores throughout the country, but they're hard to contact/know of.


    I vouch for Defiant generally, I'd chase them up about finding that parcel, they're usually pretty easy to talk to.
    And chase up the PP store... things should be taking no where near that time!
    Things sent from either of them usually only take a week to get to me

    Maelstrom is good for super cheap prices, but like a lot of the other UK online stores, has some real supply issues at the moment (you don't want to be waiting 3+ months before they're even shipping).
    Don't go American unless you can find good shipping prices... I know thewarstore refunds excess shipping costs, but the charges they estimate are pretty horrendous (not that it's their fault though).
    eStryker is my copilot.

  8. #8

    Default

    I am from Australia and for my GW products was using Wayland games,
    http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/
    who are based in the UK.

    When it came time to buy some WM goodies, I checked them out. Not quite as cheap as the savings for GW things, which is because GW Australia [and I would imagine NZ] marked up things so much. Wayland was saving me 50% of the GW Oz prices, including postage!

    So I had a look on eBay and found: http://stores.ebay.com.au/discountgamesinc
    They are US based and so it costs much more is postage than from the UK, but because the prices were so low, I spent $230 and saved $50 from what it would have cost through Wayland.

    Ironically, the three books I bought were from Wayland, as it costs too much to get all that paper sent from America :P

    I would expect postage time to be 3-4 weeks though, but as I am a student, I have time, not dollars

  9. #9
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    34

    Default

    @Hausdorff: I used to buy everything Privateer Press related at Vagabonds, but it is just not practical anymore, and I ran into the same community related issues you mentioned which did not help persuade me to support them. If they are getting better then I may try shopping there again.

    I've never heard of Mk1 or Comics Compulsion before so will definitely give them a try, and Christchurch needs all the help it can get and supporting Comics Compulsion may be small way of doing just that.

    @CT Gamer & rumblefish: I've thought about Maelstrom but have heard the shipping prices are quite steep. The Warstore on the other hand I've not heard about, but will also give them a try.

    Thanks everyone for such quick replies, you've been very helpfull

    Dhurrin

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurrin View Post

    @CT Gamer & rumblefish: I've thought about Maelstrom but have heard the shipping prices are quite steep.
    Shipping from Maelstrom is free if you spend more than 10 quid, so that shouldn't be an issue. I haven't used them myself though.

  11. #11
    Captain Cynic hausdorff space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rumblefish View Post
    Shipping from Maelstrom is free if you spend more than 10 quid, so that shouldn't be an issue. I haven't used them myself though.
    I think he meant thewarstore


    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurrin View Post
    I've never heard of Mk1 or Comics Compulsion before so will definitely give them a try, and Christchurch needs all the help it can get and supporting Comics Compulsion may be small way of doing just that.
    http://www.mk1.co.nz/
    - Mk1 now support most Hamilton events (they have grown a great community down there), with discounts and prize vouchers.
    http://www.comicscompulsion.co.nz/
    - They effectively run major events for/at the Chch clubs.
    Last edited by hausdorff space; 07-25-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    eStryker is my copilot.

  12. #12

    Default

    Hi Dhurrin I'm also from Auckland, don’t by from Vagabond I would love to support them but the prices are way too high, I buy from Miniature Market in the U.S the prices for the Minis are quite good but the freight is quite high. I also buy from Fire Storm Games in the UK they are also very good and have free freight over 30.00.

    I can also vouch for Mark1 I havent bought any warmachine but do buy black library from them they are very helpful and good to deal with

    Edit: Didnt want to double post.

    Just out of curiosity where do you play, I play with a couple of mates but would like to meet more people in the community.

    Choppa
    Last edited by Choppa; 07-25-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  13. #13
    Captain Cynic hausdorff space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    Edit: Didnt want to double post.

    Just out of curiosity where do you play, I play with a couple of mates but would like to meet more people in the community.

    Choppa
    PMing... .
    eStryker is my copilot.

  14. #14
    Eater of Brains JacobtheAussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    I'd also support Defiant gaming, every one I know whos ordered via him has had really good service
    This wine tastes like a sweaty rat who went to a rave and had a mediocre time.

    PbP Character List

  15. #15
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    34

    Default

    @JacobtheAussie: My first order with Defiant Gaming when quite well and was delivered on time, just my current one that is some weeks overdue and they are not responding to my emails.

    I had a look at Mk1's website but it seems to be just comic books that they are selling

    Dhurrin

  16. #16
    Captain Cynic hausdorff space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurrin View Post
    I had a look at Mk1's website but it seems to be just comic books that they are selling[
    They don't really advertise their gaming stock online, just flick them an email.
    eStryker is my copilot.

  17. #17
    Conqueror Percrushin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I will second miniaturemarket.com. Everything is 25% of retail and there's no tax. Although i will also recommend supporting you'r LGS whenever possible.

  18. #18
    Annihilator Gareson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CT GAMER View Post
    1st: The OP already addressed that he has no local store as a valid option in his initial post.

    2nd: Can we for once not turn this into a LGS vs. Internet rant?

    Back on topic: The Warstore has never failed me and i do much buisness with them.
    I would like to second everything CT Gamer said...when I saw the thread title I knew someone would go there(unnecessarily).
    Happy Wargaming Everybody!
    Visit my Iron Kingdoms at War Warmachine Blog or Youtube Channel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •