Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud-Gatherer View Post
    Emphasis mine, to show you what the correct answer is. Why would we need to reach a consensus when PP has already said how to do it?
    Agreed.
    Feora1 Feora2 Feora3 Feora4 etc.
    I was never comfortable with "prime" as a designation since there are so many casters who never appeared in Prime. The number designation feels more like a family tree, "Feora the III" Plus its super easy to say/type and makes more sense in a pragmatic fashion.
    =================================================
    The New Orleans Fun Police. Trying to make sure everyone has fun.

^This. There is no such thing as "Legendary." It's something somebody made up on the forums, and then others on the forums started repeating it. PP uses numerals to differentiate the different versions (Asphyxious1, Asphyxious2, and soon Asphyxious3). This is not a temporary or placeholder notation. Asphyxious3 will be an "Epic Warcaster" on his card just like Lich Lord Asphyxious.
    As a regular player who wants to be a press ganger sometimes the PGs on here really irritate me. Sry but its not PP who actually decides what they are called obviously its the players. PP announced awhile ago they would make more "epics" of the same casters-the players chose to call these new epics legendary if thats how the players continuously refer to them as then thats what they will be. Also as stated elsewhere in the forums p, e, and legendary(3lylyth in the legion forums) sounds cooler than 1,2,3,n caster which is by far DULL I don't want to think of my casters as number but characters-assigning them numbers takes away from the game/story.

Warrior

Darius gets my vote, there is just so much they can do with him.

Personally i would love to see him in a new jack --> Battle Engine Style!!!!!

My Money is on:
    "Legendary" - Denny, Stryker, Vlad and Kreoss
    Epic - Harby, Karchev, Terminus and either seige or darius.

we are up to apotheosis in the release cycle and the fulff would support the above happeneing IMO

Quote Originally Posted by vengence88 View Post
    As a regular player who wants to be a press ganger sometimes the PGs on here really irritate me. Sry but its not PP who actually decides what they are called obviously its the players. PP announced awhile ago they would make more "epics" of the same casters-the players chose to call these new epics legendary if thats how the players continuously refer to them as then thats what they will be. Also as stated elsewhere in the forums p, e, and legendary(3lylyth in the legion forums) sounds cooler than 1,2,3,n caster which is by far DULL I don't want to think of my casters as number but characters-assigning them numbers takes away from the game/story.
    I agree with this. Legendary is what I will be calling them, no matter what PP press calls them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    On that note, how the hell does one get hit in the "Spirit" anyway? And furthermore, how the hell does someone with, say, Precision Strike aim for the spirit?! "Here 'e comes, lads! Remember: Aim for his Hopes and Dreams!"

Hope Vlad is not Khador's first triple level-up. He's the only Khador caster I don't like!

Epic Karchev on the other hand, how is it possible to make something so unbelievably awesome MORE awesome? Its like Chuck Norris cloning himself then learning how to perform double-Chuck-combo-moves.

"I have already given one life to my country. The Motherland has granted me a second, and before I pass on to Urcaen I will use it to send many more before me."

You are, of course, free to use any descriptors you like to describe any models on the forums. I try to avoid nicknames when posting for several reasons. First and most importantly, new players researching a model will have a much easier time understanding what is being referred to in any given post. That makes things easier for them. Second, when questions are posted in the rules forum, nicknames are discouraged to make it easier for the Search Function to find those posts later on.

I don't like the term "Legendary" personally. Epic Warcasters are not necessarily more powerful than their previous iterations, and I don't see the tertiary versions of epic Warcasters and Warlocks changing that system. Legendary, to me, has the connotation of an increase in power, something mythic rather than something grounded in the story of various people struggling to live in war torn Immoren. Numbering may seem dull, but we aren't writing fiction in the forums. Mostly we are answering questions or making comparisons or boasting about the coolest assassinations or the best way to win SR scenarios with any given Warcaster or Warlock.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    -H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by rydiafan View Post
    I saw a man be forced to eat a fleet marker in Diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRickGuy View Post
    PP already said the new '3' casters will still be called "epic" as there are already rules in play for "epic" models.

That said, my bet is that eKarchev is rescued by lVlad after some amazing fluff with the Old Witch.

-Rick
    Well Old Witch has a favor to collect with Deneghra, and Deneghra has Karchev... so my money is on Karchev.

But I really also would like to see Strakhov go Epic, but that may just be a little early yet...

I want to see a eSiege... I have alot of fun with him, and he seems to be my go to caster if I want to get s**t done. And for the first Sygnar triple up its more then likely going to be Darth, but since my second choice in Tourneys is Nemo I am kind of partial... Mainly because I dont play Stryker and Siege is my Assassination caster.

Ah well, we will see.

Iron Lich Karchev!

I'm totally down with that.

As for the numbering, the correct form is Stryker1, Stryker2 and Stryker3. However, just like people call Asphixious "Gaspy", I'm certain people will be free to reference Stryker 3 as "Legendary Stryker".

Or "El Gringo Bravo Stryker"

Or "Shogun of Harlem Stryker"

Or "Super Saiyan Stryker"

Or "The ayatollah of rockin' rollah Stryker"

Or "Inconceivable Stryker"

Really, 'Legendary' is so 80s.

Come check out SKIDMARKS, my game of post apocalyptic vehicular mayhem, Kickstarting in February, 2015!

I would really like to see 3butcher before 3Vlad. I think that theres much more to be illuminated about the butchers story than Vlads. Vlad is the last of his family line, of royal descent from the horselords etc. but his story is quite well explained at this time we know his motives and drives. Butcher is still more mysterious to my mind so I'd like to see his next progression as we know next to nothing of his origins or motivations beyond in earlier life he suffered a shattering loss. and maybe just maybe that will highlight his origins more.

I personally like the "Legendary" prefix for the 3 casters. Even Epic vs the normal version indicates a shift in power but it has not always been the case so legendary works.
    What I would like to know is if the next book after dom will have the next epic level casters or will hordes have some in dom?
    Don't argue with idiots. They bring you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by doom_reaver View Post
    I would really like to see 3butcher before 3Vlad. I think that theres much more to be illuminated about the butchers story than Vlads. Vlad is the last of his family line, of royal descent from the horselords etc. but his story is quite well explained at this time we know his motives and drives. Butcher is still more mysterious to my mind so I'd like to see his next progression as we know next to nothing of his origins or motivations beyond in earlier life he suffered a shattering loss. and maybe just maybe that will highlight his origins more.
    Yes maybe, but do we want everything to be know about every character?
    I know that I found Wolverine much more interesting before marvel did the official back story, because he had so many more ways to go story wise, Vlad is set on fate so there won't be that much surprises there, which also would be a reason to not give him a new epic until to rest of the story should unfold...

Quote Originally Posted by Valander View Post
    So they're not going to change the "Epic Warcaster" rule just to have "Legendary Warcaster" be basically a copy/paste of it.
    To be fair, since there is no longer any different army construction rules for epic and non-epic warcasters, there is no purpose in having neither an epic warcaster rule or designation. The only thing the "epic" label does now is show that this is a later version of an older caster, which is a fluff issue that has nothing to do with rules. The only rule that is needed is that you can't include different versions of the same character in the same army, but that applies equally to prime and epic versions, so if one of them has a special rule for that, all of them should. Which is why it needs to be a core rule and not a card rule. The only problem is how to technically designate which characters are different versions of each other - I don't know how to solve that problem since some of the epics have names that don't show any relationship between versions, like the High Reclaimer and the Testament. A new player who hasn't read the fluff has no way to know that those two are in fact the same person.

Regarding designations, I think characters should just be called by the way they are distinguished on the card - iron lich gaspy vs. lich lord gaspy, butcher vs. kommander zoktavir, high exemplar kreoss vs. grand exemplar kreoss and so on. For those who want shorthand, just make something up, it's not like there is any consistency in this field at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeziel View Post
    Yes maybe, but do we want everything to be know about every character?
    I know that I found Wolverine much more interesting before marvel did the official back story, because he had so many more ways to go story wise, Vlad is set on fate so there won't be that much surprises there, which also would be a reason to not give him a new epic until to rest of the story should unfold...
    not everything no I totally agree that some mystery must be preserved. but at the moment the butcher is simply a mesh of statements and plays no real role in the progression of the story. the last thing he did in the book was get sent out to fellig, get bored try to assault the place, fail and then sorsha pulls a sneaky one with him none the wiser. and then we get a very nice little story which shows he has actually got a human side but he doesn't take part in any of the main plots.

The butcher is quite possibly the single most powerful human warrior in the iron kingdoms aside from vinter and yet I can't remember a story line where he has been able to confront a warcaster. he's always slaughtering nameless insignificants. take the latest wrath book for example you had warcasters out the yahoo squaring off in a massive close range melee and yet orsus was probably in the pub playing tiddly winks with fenris and yuri.

so I suppose my gripe is that of all the Prime casters he seems to get the least amount of screen time. with the exception of skarre i suppose. so getting the first 3rd incarnation would be the perfect excuse to shove him forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsquid View Post
    Iron Lich Karchev!

I'm totally down with that.

As for the numbering, the correct form is Stryker1, Stryker2 and Stryker3. However, just like people call Asphixious "Gaspy", I'm certain people will be free to reference Stryker 3 as "Legendary Stryker".

Or "El Gringo Bravo Stryker"

Or "Shogun of Harlem Stryker"

Or "Super Saiyan Stryker"

Or "The ayatollah of rockin' rollah Stryker"

Or "Inconceivable Stryker"

Really, 'Legendary' is so 80s.
    I really need to start using El Gringo Bravo Stryker.
    You know what night it is?

Im confident that karchev will stay khador but may get some cryx abilites such as soul collection... ghostly would be amazing (high hopes there) ...

im more wanting the charcter jacks to go epic... we have had epic casters, solo's..... epics of the big 4 appotheosis jacks would be great - and new sculpts of them would be nice too..

my other thing in the new book i have on my wish list is the cryx caster that keeps coming up in the fluff but does not have a model.

Shark bait

Retribution getting an Epic would be awesome, I don't care who gets it.

and as for the debating on what to call all these said "epics" or "legendary's" well it's just silly. Who cares what other people call them, the only thing that made sense was what Stevo said. People on here need to use the proper model names to make search fu a lot easier for new players.

Destroyer of Worlds Dan from Chicago's Avatar

To the people who insist that the 'official' naming scheme must be used rather than acknowledging the naming scheme which organically grew out of the community:

France recently announced the 'official' French word for email; everyone who didn't ignore it laughed at it

P.S. Yes, I know that it annoys the PP staff, especially DC. Think about it this way. People give nicknames to things they care about. Be glad the majority of nicknames for PP models are affectionate

Conqueror

I really doubt they are going to resculpt the deathjack, behemoth. The only thing wrong with the Avatar is his dinky sword, and the Thunderhead is missing his surf board. I'm not sure how they'd make a jack "epic" when there is only one of each of them. That and i don't want to buy another behemoth. They are so highly specialized that if they rereleased them you'd have to change them so drastically you may as well make a new character jack from one of the other chassis.

Personally i'd like Old Witch to go epic (unless Karchev goes epic and goes to a small based undead model). I want her to lose the scrapjack, and become Khador's Harbinger. Focus 10 spell slinger. Basically what everyone wishes Zerkova was.
    Killian, here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchtower View Post
    I like leGaspy
    pGaspy...eGaspy...and 3Gaspy!

It all rhymes, so It must be true

Rasheth 2014: Chains we can believe in!

Default Twins!

I think it will be fine as long as Haley and Deneghra continue to get treated the same.

If Deneghra gets her '3' then Haley needs to as well.

Otherwise they're no longer twins!

And we all know twins are a good time.

My 2 crowns,

Lieutenant-Adept Akio
    Lieutenant-Adept Akio, 13th Infantry Battalion, 60th Regiment, 9th Division, Third Cygnaran Army, adjutant to Major Victoria Haley

Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Polar_Bear View Post
    Welcome to the Iron Kingdoms! *gives Akiosama a cookie and a Thorn plushie* ^_^

Legendary:

Cygnar-Haley
    Khador-Irusk/Vlad
    Cryx-Denny
    Menoth-Severius
    Retribution-
    Mercs- Magnus

Epic:

Cygnar- Seige
    Khador- Karchev
    Cryx- Terminus
    Menoth- Harby
    Retribution- Vyros and Rhan
    Mercenaries- Gorten

I'm rather new and have read no fluff, just looking at models that I would love to see epic sculpts of lol
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7932735&v=wall

A toronto(GTA) trading post for minis

Keep in mind that the first caster to go epic were all in Prime (correct me if im wrong) and I think that its gonna go the same way this time round. Also I dont get how sevvy can go Legendary. He is the leader of his own nation. there isnt much above that

Press Ganger for the North Denver Metro Area.
    I wish my faction had such awesome stuff that a model that heals already-hard-to-kill models just by hanging around was considered "the worst release [we've] had for a while."
    Quote Originally Posted by gdaybloke View Post
    (*flops around like a walrus, barking incessantly*)

Quote Originally Posted by petegrrrr View Post
    pGaspy...eGaspy...and 3Gaspy!

It all rhymes, so It must be true
    that was the thought process behind peeps in the legion forums too, I like it it seems fairly obvious. Though I do concede that there was a point in the naming for new players and searches, I also like the comment to PP about people giving nicknames to things they care about. Though I think p,e,3 will prolly end up sticking unless youre posting in the rules forum.

Ok....
    In Prime/Primal we had 3 casters.
    In first expansion we had 1/2 new casters.
    In second expansion we had 2 casters from Prime/Primal epic and 1 new caster.

One of those epic casters was battlebox/warpack caster, another was.... well, normal one.
    We know that Lylyth3 (warpack caster) and Gaspy3 (normal caster) is coming.
    Does it mean that we can expect two level-3 casters in one book? Haley and Stryker for Cygnar, Denny and Gaspy for Cryx, Doomy and Madrak for Trolls?
    Or am I just thinking too much?
    You know what Dire Trolls are, right? They're like trolls... but they're DIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxos View Post
    Also I dont get how sevvy can go Legendary. He is the leader of his own nation. there isnt much above that
    Going epic just means that you change, not necessarily that you get a promotion. Deneghra went epic when she got killed, for example. (Or rather, she got killed as a result of going epic.)

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar

pName
    eName
    3Name

The Legion board might not have it right, but they have it best, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalintz View Post
    The only thing wrong with the Avatar is his dinky sword, and the Thunderhead is missing his surf board.
    Sweet, I want an epic 'jack now.

"Woah, Thunderhead's gone Tubular!"

Destroyer of Worlds

As a regular player who wants to be a press ganger sometimes the PGs on here really irritate me.
    I LOL'd. Don't fret, cloud gatherer is a big sweetheart once you get to know him...

Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Wouldn't he have to become Epic first though?
    Karchev is already epic.

Here's how it works...

Back in pKarchev's day, being a Warcaster actually meant something.
    It was hard work with little or no thanks but you didn't complain about it either!

Also, there were no Forums back in the days of pKarchev, you whipper snappers don't know how good you have it...
    In pKarchev's day they had to walk 100 miles through snow and Lava to get to the academy.
    Uphill both ways and there was always a freezing Blizzard moving through the searing desert sands.

If you were lucky you got your backside handed to you on a plate by your opponent.
    Why, we knew how to really take a thrashing back then. All you young warcasters do nowdays is complain about lack of food supplies and having to share tents.
    When pKarchev was on campaign they were 73 soldiers to a single cardboard box, or if you were really lucky you'd get a spare plate of jack armour to share!

etc...

Needless to say, Karchev went epic around the same time all the other warcasters of his time quit by dying of old age.

Now, as for legendary casters, there is only 1 Legendary caster.
    He's got his own faction but will work for yours if there are hot girls present.

Iron Kingdoms Legendary Warcaster: Barney Stinson.

Someone had to do it sooner or later
    Last edited by djhg; 08-11-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Painted PP stuff can be found here!
    PM for info on commission stuff

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by kolonelk View Post
    Sweet, I want an epic 'jack now.

"Woah, Thunderhead's gone Tubular!"
    I'm pretty sure the first "tubular" models are in the pipeline for hordes when we get a ninja turtle unit and a master Splinter minion warlock...

Destroyer of Worlds AJ the Ronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CT GAMER View Post
    a ninja turtle unit and a master Splinter minion warlock...
    Why is this not available yet? Why I ask? WHY?

Destroyer of Worlds

@ Draxos, there is two ways for a caster to going epic on: 1: The character get a promotion, casters going epic that way include: Irusk, Sorscha, Kreoss, Severius, Asphyxious and all cygnar casters. 2: Something "epic" is happen to/for the caster, casters going epic that way include: Deneghra, Testament, Feora and Vlad.

And about Severius going legendary, all there is necessary for that, is he officielt is taking the title of Priest King.

On tropic: I support Vengence88, prime, epic and legendary sounds better, and I think that would be more easy, to keep the different versions, out from each other. To only use a number would bring confusion, (at least for me), especially if a models new title, lie close, to his/her old title.

Tarma

What would we call a theoretical level after legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post

My vote is for Caine to become either Private Caine or Consultant Caine.

Just because I like the fact that last time he got upgraded to epic he went down in rank.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUngreg View Post
    My vote is for Caine to become either Private Caine or Consultant Caine.

Just because I like the fact that last time he got upgraded to epic he went down in rank.
    No, he didn't. He was promoted. He went from Lieutenant to Captain as he was upgraded to epic.
    But more often than not the Snider and Martini and Brown Bess were facing odds of ten to one against in country where shrapnel and rapid fire doesn?t count for much; your savage with his blowpipe or bow or jezzail behind a rock has a deuce of an advantage: it?s his rock, you see.
    - Sir Harry Flashman, V.C.

Vinterlike
    The Assassin moved quietly from roof to roof until he was well away from the excitement around the Watch House. His movements could be called cat-like, except that he did not stop to spray urine up against things.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Annihilator

Over 9000?
    "Let's not be English, French or German any more. Let's be European. No, not European, let's be men. Let's be humanity. All we have to do is get rid of one last piece of egocentricity - patriotism."

- Victor Hugo (1802-85)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast