Yes, these are many of the same questions every new player asks, but I'm hoping to ask them in a way that will be a bit less painful and repetitive...
My FLGS is holding a competition for the upcoming slow grow rules, and I'm looking at breaking my hiatus by starting Cryx. From what I've seen, Toruk is underrepresented in the local meta (so I have to go elsewhere for answers).
I've played Hordes in the past, and have Circle (Baldur, shadowhorn, and some rocks) where the goal is to shift, leap, and forestwalk past the rank-and-file to assassinate, and I have Legion (eThag and lots of shooting / sprays) where I'm more attrition-y. In Cryx, I'm looking to keep up the sneaky jerk motif.
I presently own the battlebox, a skarlock, and a pistol wraith. I've played enough games that I feel reasonably confident with pDenny, but I'm not 100% sold on any of these models. I am, however, a bit strapped for cash and would like to keep this as cost-effective as possible.
- What sneaky 'casters work well with an all-comers list? Obviously, pDenny is serving me well, but I want to review my options. I like the idea of pSkarre and her feedback, but I'm concerned they'll underperform against Hordes. I'm leery of the more in-your-face casters, as my playstyle usually doesn't match well with them.
- What are PP's conversion rules? I've got a second pDenny that I might convert into an eDenny or warwitch, assuming that such is allowed in these parts.
- Dear sweet mercy I need units. What synergizes well with the 'caster(s) you'd recommend? Obviously satyxis with Skarre, but what else?
- Similarly, what 'jacks? I know I love Megalith and Typhon, but are character jacks worth it?
- And what else am I forgetting to ask?