Default Bay Area - Where We At?

Since the launch of Mk.2 I've set aside other, lesser games and begun to play Warmachine. I play mostly at Endgame, because it's closest to my house and I really like the community there. We don't have a ton of Warmahordes players, though, and we'd like to attract more people to the store. We're trying to turn Wednesday nights into a regular thing.

Where are all the Bay Area players hiding at? I know there are some people who play at Gamescape in SF on Friday afternoons, but the hours are a bit wonky and I probably won't make it over there. If you're around, come by Endgame on a Sunday or Wednesday and throw down!

san francisco, not the banjo capital of the world ...yet

we do a regular warmachine day at gamescape every Thursday and a tournament every other month or so. gamescape can only saport 8 people playing at a time unfortunately.

i have about 4 regulars and 8 transient players. PM me and i will see if i can get some guys to come down. endgame is a great space it use to be the Warmachine spot.

at the very least i can come down once every month or so.

D&J also was holding regular games, and from what I heard from a guy working there, they should have started up again by now.

Haven't been down there in a few months, though.

Closest to me is Gator Games, and they're a great store and I love their Warmachine/Hordes abundance. But they only really hold card games for the kiddies.

Warrior

I'm in the South bay. Looking at Game Kastle as home base. Knowing now about D&J I might have to frequent over there to see whats up.

Hey I'm from Pacifica. I just picked up Warmachine and haven't even really thought about where I would play it, then this thread popped up! I usually get my wargaming supplies from Gator Games but I visit Gamescape on occasion. I'll have to head down on a Thursday after I get my 'jacks together.

BiG

san francisco, not the banjo capital of the world ...yet

the Thursday warmachin is at the gamescape in san francisco, the other gamescape (the two stores are not connected just the same name now) has a regular warmachine community. i will see what i can do on getting info on it.

Warrior

I'm a big fan of Endgame (Oaktown! Holla!) But being that I've moved to the south bay, GameKastle has been my FLGS. I miss endgame a ton especially post game beers across the street!

Black Diamond Games in Concord had a lively bunch the last time was through there.

San Jose really only has Game Kastle and D&J, however... according to a few people i know Elusive might start buiding up some tables if they have the room for it.

And Game Kastle is over run with kids playing 40k in large troop battles... i watched one game go for 5 hours.

Combatant

Outer Planes in Santa Rosa has a slowly growing Warmachine / Hordes community. Summer basically kicked it into high gear.

http://www.outerplanesgames.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzypants View Post
    the Thursday warmachin is at the gamescape in san francisco, the other gamescape (the two stores are not connected just the same name now) has a regular warmachine community. i will see what i can do on getting info on it.
    Better late then never I suppose, since apparently us in the North Bay have almost no presence on the PP forums. We play every Wednesday at Gamescape North in San Rafael. Their calendar says 6-10, but it's usually more like 3/4 till whenever the staff in our group decides that opening tomorrow is going to suck (read: 11/12ish).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndSpirits
    A post dedicated to running our collective tear ducts dry with dissatisfaction generated from the baseless and unfounded accusations that Privateer Press intentionally ignored feedback, stole your bicyle, and made out with your girlfriend is not discussion.
    pCaine; 35 Points; Tier 4 - Arcane Rain Reigns/Deadly Blue Rain

Here in the East Bay, East of Oakland, there is a long stretch of nothing around Alameda County, unless you play Magic or Warhammer. Simply put, we only have two game stores, one a card shop and one a GW. To the South you have San Jose, with Game Kastle and Legends, while North I have found Black Diamond Games of Concord is my regular haunt.
    Look at the Iron Kingdoms rulebook in your hands. Now at me, now back.
    It's Warmachine. Flip it.
    Now it's Hordes. Open it.
    Your holding a hair. Split it.
    Your jacks are now Diamonds.

Combatant

New poster to the board/game but not new to the bay area. I was just at Endgame Sunday to look at some warmachine/hordes minis and the younger gentleman behind the counter told me they no longer sell it. I just assumed they no longer play and or support the game anymore. Is that not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr O. View Post
    I'm in the South bay. Looking at Game Kastle as home base. Knowing now about D&J I might have to frequent over there to see whats up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelnacra View Post
    San Jose really only has Game Kastle and D&J, however... according to a few people i know Elusive might start buiding up some tables if they have the room for it.

And Game Kastle is over run with kids playing 40k in large troop battles... i watched one game go for 5 hours.
    Game Kastle has WM on Tuesday nights, and on Saturday ~noon.

On Tuesdays, it's just WM and some people playing D&D 4E. We had a solid 10 tables going a few weeks ago.

Saturday it's mostly just a pickup thing, and people play whatever. I've gotten a bunch of games in then, though.

I'm hoping that Black Diamond still has a group going on Sundays, as that and Wed are my only days off right now. I might take a trip into Oakland for Endgame if that is still going (Sundays?) and I like the look of Olde World Games in Vacaville, but that is a good drive from Pleasant Hill. Might be worth it though if they have an active group. Black Diamond is the most convenient, as it takes me less than 5 minutes to drive there....

Conqueror

Game Kastle has a Press Ganger who does a great job organising the leagues and tournements. They also just opened up a huge gaming area, which means there are always tables available. If you come by on Tuesdays there are usually 5-6 games going, and the PG can get you onto a mailing list to make setting up games really easy.
    pshaw * hair flip * and then , like, they could totally, hey listen to me! LISTEN TO ME, kay? I have an IDEAAAR!! ok, so, like, they could totally make a movie!

Game kastle has a great Warmachine scene. Tuesday nights are the league nights and we usually have about 8~14 players. Game kastle has monthly tournaments as well.

Yeah - I would like to go out to Game Kastle and if I had gotten the job I really wanted in Santa Clara, then I would be able to game there regular. Right now its going to be 50 miles away though (in Pleasant Hill/Concord). So I don't think I can make it down there that often. Maybe for tourneys and such (I see one coming up and Aug 20th). Still hoping Black Diamond has a group going (I heard the store kinda lost interest in WM/H). Old World games is just about as far away though. Is there any WM/H gaming on Sundays?

Conqueror

Game Kastle has a forum you could look for games on. If you can make it on a Tuesday the PG can give you info to get on a mailing list that most of the regulars are on (i am).
    pshaw * hair flip * and then , like, they could totally, hey listen to me! LISTEN TO ME, kay? I have an IDEAAAR!! ok, so, like, they could totally make a movie!

Conqueror

Howdy. Im new to the area. I just moved from oklahoma and am currently living in Mill Valley. I was reading this thread and it was all pretty vague on what times people actually play. When do people get together at the different stores and who should I contact. Im not afraid to drive about an hour as long as I can get a game in or two.
    The only good red is a dead red.

Combatant

Gamescape North in San Rafael is the closest game store to you in Mill Valley. I believe they have a small Warmachine/Hordes community that plays on Wednesday night. Otherwise you would need to head over a bridge to Oakland to Endgame which has a small community (with a wrath release event on September 18th).

The (other) Legends in Cupertino (Valco Shopping Center) has had a big room with many tables for a good year or so now. There's a lot of Magic and some RPGs going on, and I know they do Warhammer.

The manager was dying to get some Warmachine going the last time I spoke with him. I don't get down there enough, but I came in later and found that they (finally!) had started getting new Warmahordes stuff in there, after a long drought. The guy at the register said they're trying to organize it, but it sounded like they did not have enough interest yet.

I haven't spoken with them again in a couple months, but I'm sure the manager would be glad to speak with anybody interested. He told me to tell anybody I knew who played. Anybody in the area who had been scared off by their Warhammer obsession might want to see if it's worth giving them a second chance.

I was just at Game Kastle last night... was pretty empty but I guess the regular WarmaHordes players were getting ready for PAX this weekend.

Usually, on Tuesday nights, there are at least 8-10 players and the local Press Ganger is there too for rule clarification or tactics/theorymachine discussions. Saturdays are bit busier with more Warmachine players, D&D, Pokemon and stuff. My group also plays Infinity but we took a break until Corvus Belli releases more models. Anyways, Game Kastle is a great place to play WarmaHordes. The community is very supportive. I haven't played against DB players and Ray the Press Ganger is very nice and knowledgeable. Lots of cool looking painted minis too.

Unfortunately, I live and work in the Peninsula and I would love to get more gaming in somewhere close by... the wife would like to have me game within her control range (lol).

I haven't been to Gator games lately... I dunno if they're not restocking WM/Hordes miniatures.