Warmachine/Hordes Charity Event 9/9 @ Empire Games
I'm pretty sure that this is the correct place for this type of post. If not, please move it.
What: 25 Point Steamroller Tournament
When: Friday, September 9th
Where: Empire Games, located in Mesa, AZ. Go here for location information.
Start Time: 6:00pm
Entry Fee: $10
Tournament Organizer: Maru
Turn Length: 7 minutes (w/ one 3 minute extension each game)
Match Length: 60 + d6 x 2 minutes
# of Lists: 2 (second list optional)
Prizes: Steamroller Coins will go to the top 3. A signed Wrath poster will be given to the highest donator. Many other prizes will be raffled off.
Breaks: Short 30 min break after second round.
This tournament will be a standard SR2011 tournament (link above), with a little twist for charity. Every person who enters will receive 15 tickets. Additional tickets can be purchases at 10 for $5. These tickets may be used during the tournament to do one of two things. Once a ticket is used, it cannot be used again during the tournament (each used ticket will be ripped up and thrown away).
There is an early sign up for this event. If you sign up before September 2nd, you will start the event with 30 tickets instead of 15.
Charity Event Cheats
At any point during a game, a player may use a ticket (aka rip it up) to create an in-game effect. The following are the in-game effects that are generated by tickets:
You may use 1 ticket to:
1. Add +1 to your initiative die roll per ticket. Secretly decide a number of tickets to use and after your opponent decides how many tickets to use, reveal the total bonus amount and then roll for initiative.
2. Re-roll 1 of your dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it's for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. For example, the first re-roll is 1 ticket, second re-roll is 2 tickets, third re-roll is 4 tickets, fourth re-roll is 8 tickets. The cost resets back to 1 ticket at the start of your next turn. You cannot re-roll the initiative roll.
3. Force your opponent to re-roll 1 of his/her dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it's for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. The cost resets back to one can at the start of your opponent's next turn. You cannot force a re-roll your opponent's initiative roll.
4. Shift damage one column/branch to the left or right once per damage roll.
You may use 3 tickets to:
1. Move a single terrain piece 5" in any direction before the game starts. Do this before seeing your opponents list. Your opponent may not move this piece again. You may only break this rule once per game.
2. Give your warcaster/warlock an extra focus/fury point during the control phase. This may be in excess of their focus/fury stat, but does not change the stat itself. Your warcaster/warlock receives this focus even if other effects do not normally allow him focus/fury points. Can only be used once per turn.
3. Generate 1 free non-charge power attack. Each subsequent time you break this rule, the cost to break this rule doubles. The cost resets back to 3 tickets at the start of your next turn.
4. Measure the distance between any 2 models on the board at any time.
You may use 10 tickets to:
1. Force an opponent's advance deploy model/unit to lose the advance deploy ability. Decide this after seeing your opponent's list but before you roll for the initiative roll. Can only be used once per game.
2. Give 1 non-character jack/beast HUNGRY. HUNGRY adds +1 MAT, RAT, DEF, and ARM to the stat line for the duration of the game. Can only be used once per game.
3. Designate one of your warrior model/units to have tough. If they already have tough, they pass the tough roll on 4, 5, and 6. This model/unit cannot benefit from other tough effects over the course of the game (ie there is no stacking). Can only be used once per game.
All of the proceeds of this tournament will go to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
I think that's all. Feel free and post below with any questions about the tournament format (as it is a little different from the norm).
Last edited by Empire Games; 09-06-2011 at 05:10 PM.