Thread: Warmachine MIA

Default Warmachine MIA

Hey guys,

Whent down to the local retailer today and he did not seem to have any concept as to when his distributor was gunna be able to start restocking basic Warmachine plastics, i play RoS and which is the smallest faction played in my meta. Long story short the store did not have a big surplus to begin with and with the drought i have not been able to pick up any new warjacks in ages. We got a league coming up and i wanted to have enough variance in jacks to be able to switch up my lists.

Just a bit frustrated - i see wyshnalyrr is coming out sept 14 can i hope to see my jacks before then?

Magni

Worst comes to worst, try looking online or ebay. My LGS are also short on supply.

Default yeah,

I just really like buying from the local guys if possible, had alota game stores disappear on me and even though i can get a plastic jack kit for 10 dollars less off ebay i rather pay 10 dollars more to keep the local guys in business.

Magni

I would have your store owner call up PP themselves or seek a different distributor. One distibutor has them in stock (The War Store) so it seems like a false alarm? I have seen several retailers get them in recently in my area as well as different online retailers which show stock levels. Seems like the distributor might be handing your store owner a line
    Quote Originally Posted by She
    That's what

Warmachine/Hordes is in very low supply at ALL distributors. Warstore is not a distributor, just a store that sells online, he gets from distributors just the same as the rest of the stores, but may order heavier to keep things in stock. (There is a distributor with ties to the Warstore, but a separate business. I order through them along with hundreds of other stores, and it's all first come, first serve, including Neal.)

I also stock very heavy at my stores, since I don't know when my next order is coming in. Today I placed orders through 4 different warehouses across the country. When I found an item I needed, I usually bought them out of the 1-10 pieces they had. Even after going through 4 warehouses from Florida, Texas, PA, and NJ, I still couldn't restock everything, but did manage to fill a lot of holes. More stuff on the way from PP, have some patience, and don't put blame on your LGS. It's a ton of work keeping in PP these days.

Oh, no i dont blame the LGS at all. Just sucks as a new player getting into the game and not being able to buy a jack.

I can understand the vent but if you like buying LGS the Warstore is an online store and an LGS and Neal is really great with the customer service. I can understand wanting to buy so much from you LGS but if he didnt stock enough that isnt your business. Your a customer and he's a business not a church. If you really feel guilty about using the tables drop a 5 or 10 in the tip jar depending on your length of play. I'm not saying the dude at the LGS is a bad or a good guy. I dont know him, but its just business. You buy what you want and if he doesnt carry it buy from someone else and drop a tip for using the table. I have been to stores in my area that are basically glorified mail order services and others that keep stuff in stock. If someone has the product I'm looking for in stock so I have it right there and another offers it through the mail but at a discount, than I'm going to buy from those two business models. If someone doesnt carry the product to satisfy instant gratification and cant even get it for me, why would I make thier business my priority, are you an employee there? Just as your LGS decides how to operate his business (and if he is still in business he is obviously doing something right) you as a customer are obligated to buy stuff. Just as how your LGS decides to conduct business doesnt make them an angel or a devil, abstaining from buying product doesnt make you a LGS saint. If what I am saying sounds a little strong I apologize I dont mean any harm, I just dont know any other way how to frame it.
    Ya, I'm from El Paso.