Default Misc warcaster illustrations

I've had such a positive response to my warcasters (and occasional other stuff), both here on the forums (thanks, all!) and at Lock & Load (where I wore a few printed on t-shirts) that I decided to go beyond just Cyriss and Cryx. I've now got a much bigger to-do list across all the other Warmachine factions (still not sure any of Hordes will fit the style).

Since I mainly play Khador, I started with one of my very favorites, Kommandant Irusk.

Click for a bigger version.

Zombie Annihilator FoolishMonkey's Avatar

Looks awesome...as usual. Keep them coming. Im glad I started looking at this sub-forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Facing off against him in the Consulate Court would never have been a pleasant experience even before he started to punctuate his arguments by murdering soulless infants.

Very cool! Can't wait for any Kaelyssa stuff you might come up with... I might even be so inclined as to wear her around!

Noice. I have a need for Old Witch and Scrappy now.

Big fan of your style. I humbly request a Feora one.

Feora was going to happen sooner or later, as she was the first warcaster I worked on back during my BFA project last year. She was left unfinished when I opted for the Harbinger instead, but I'd always meant to return to her as her pose fit the style so well. That said, this is probably not my best work—her pose seems a bit stiff. I've been sick since Monday and simultaneously trying to do a Journeyman league, though, so it'll have to do.

Last edited by tamago; 06-19-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar

I suggest you raise the Harbinger into the air, point her toes toward the ground, and fill in the empty space at the bottom with the chains that keep her from floating away. Feet on the ground? Heresy, good sir!

Zombie Annihilator FoolishMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamago View Post
    Feora was going to happen sooner or later, as she was the first warcaster I worked on back during my BFA project last year. She was left unfinished when I opted for the Harbinger instead, but I'd always meant to return to her as her pose fit the style so well. That said, this is probably not my best work—her pose seems a bit stiff. I've been sick since Monday and simultaneously trying to do a Journeyman league, though, so it'll have to do.

Looks cool, the legs are in proportion but they seem really skinny.

And looking forward to your version of Harby.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Facing off against him in the Consulate Court would never have been a pleasant experience even before he started to punctuate his arguments by murdering soulless infants.

Quote Originally Posted by tutenkharnage View Post
    I suggest you raise the Harbinger into the air, point her toes toward the ground, and fill in the empty space at the bottom with the chains that keep her from floating away. Feet on the ground? Heresy, good sir!
    Derp! This is what I get for posting without reading very well. Or knowing my Protectorate models very well, either

I echo FoolishMonkey's opinion: I think her legs could be a tad thicker. She might look even better with some flames around her feet.

Keep up the good work!

Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn.

Took me a while to get around to this; I got sick, the World Cup was on, and I was busy painting Cyriss for a Journeyman League, all of which sapped my energy and enthusiasm. The last week or so I've been trying to motivate myself to get back into drawing. A chat with a friend at my LGS helped me refocus and get to it.

Combatant

any chance you,ll do Gorten Grundback.hed be awesome in this style. great work

Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn.
    WOW! I love it! That would make for a great patch on a game case or just a shirt logo.

I like Issyria, but I'm not sold on her smile. Her artwork shows her frowning, and the line of her model's mouth is fairly flat. I'd love to see a flat mouth, a frown, and no mouth for comparison. (Yes, I'm greedy like that.)

Hm going by the art in NQ 52 she doesn't look like she's frowning at all, but quite serene with a hint of a satisfied smile. I made some slight adjustments to the mouth to this effect (compared to, say, Mortenebra), but it may not have come across clearly.

I'm not super happy with the mouths in general (as Brackwall noted in another thread they resemble Playmobile smiles) but at the scale—and with the self-imposed design constraints I'm using—I've yet to work out anything better. I prefer to err on the side of simplicity with the faces in general, so most of the time I just leave the mouths off... but that looks weird with ladies.

But thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I don't often go back and implement suggested fixes because I want to keep moving ahead, but your comments do help me figure out how to better handle each new piece.

Bouhet city, near la Rochelle, France, Europe

I really like issyria. Irusk is great, man those pics are perfect.
    But I'm sure your Feora could be better !

Hm going by the art in NQ 52 she doesn't look like she's frowning at all, but quite serene with a hint of a satisfied smile.
    Agreed. That piece of art (the same as the one on her card/in Vengeance) gives me that impression as well.

Conqueror

tamago - may I ask permission to use the Izzy pic for a phone cover? I'd put in a little donation as well...

Cheers

Kirin

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumhippo View Post
    Noice. I have a need for Old Witch and Scrappy now.

I hadn't actually considered Old Witch since she didn't fit the elongated composition until I saw this; the solution seems so obvious now. So thank you, Maximumhippo.

As for using my art for phone covers and whatnot, my understanding of PP's policies is that fan art is fine as long as you're not selling it? Not totally sure what permissions I can really give, but I think my works are pretty open for personal use—just don't sell them (or any derived works) or claim you made them.

I love this so much, these look absolutely amazing keep it up

Possibly some Kreoss in the future?

I notice a severe lack of Troll art. This thread clearly needs more troll.

Great work though! Keep it up. :]

I hadn't actually considered Old Witch since she didn't fit the elongated composition until I saw this; the solution seems so obvious now. So thank you, Maximumhippo.
    No, no. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Destroyer of Worlds

Awesome stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzarcastic View Post
    ...Protectorate of Menoth: They sing songs and light fires, but not in a Kumbaya way....