Default Let's maximize their Pain and Suffering!

So I've been experimenting with pMorghoul for quite a few games now, and one thing I've noticed is how lackluster his feat is. The major problem I see with it is morg's tiny ctl area. most casters will just walk few steps back and continue arcing spells. They can still allocate focus, and focus campers will just camp focus. His feat is considerably better vs hordes, but still suffers from small ctl and shooting.

Any advice on how best to use morg's feat or sharing of successful morg feats would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S. Pain and Suffering is morg's feat name

Destroyer of Worlds

They can't walk away if you're standing right next to them.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Solarhaphaeriom View Post
    They can't walk away if you're standing right next to them.
    Pretty much this, charge in and kill something, sprint at their caster.

Conqueror

Another thing that's bugged me about Pain and Suffering is that while it prevents forcing and spending focus it doesn't prevent spending fury, so killing a model then sprinting next to a Hordes caster will not prevent him from spending fury to beat you to death on his turn.

Despite that I do like the feat though. I'll use it to minimize my opponent's alpha strike or blow it if I get into combat first to prevent most retaliation.

Don't focus on their caster, but rather on their jacks and beasts. If their caster is going to arc, kill the arc nodes--nothing new or unusual about that. If they're campers, they're going to camp anyway and that doesn't change anything either. But if they needed to allocate focus to their jacks or use their beasts to take out yours on that turn, they're in serious trouble, because chances are they won't be able to do it and you're going to be able to clean up afterward. And if they need to back up on top of it, so much the better--press your advantage and take objectives while killing their heavy hitters!
    Personally I think pMorg has one of the better feats in Skorne.
    Everything I ever needed to know in life I learned by killing smart people and eating their brains.

my DeviantArt

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Yzor View Post
    Another thing that's bugged me about Pain and Suffering is that while it prevents forcing and spending focus it doesn't prevent spending fury, so killing a model then sprinting next to a Hordes caster will not prevent him from spending fury to beat you to death on his turn.

Despite that I do like the feat though. I'll use it to minimize my opponent's alpha strike or blow it if I get into combat first to prevent most retaliation.
    The point was about the caster stepping out of pain and suffering and arcing, this doesn't apply to a Hordes caster as you stated. They can sit in the Feat and sling spells all the want. So naturally we're talking about doing it to warmachine casters.

When it comes to Warlocks throw some of their warbeasts at them on feat turn. Will clog up charge lanes something horrid and he can't force the beasts to stand up next turn.

Annihilator

Uses for Morgs feat:
    - support the assasination of warlocks by preventing transfers
    - against jack heavy / beast heavy: knock them down and they won´t stand up next turn
    - or simply catch the beasts / jacks and they won´t do anything special for a turn
    - use an Agonizer, a really tough unit such as Gatormen or Cetrati. Run everything up the field, pop feat, use Agonizers aura and suddenly pMorg is the hell of an attrition caster (though it doesn´t work against high P+S infantry spam)
    - use it as a life insurance once pMorg is in the thick of things. DEF 17 is hard to match without boosting / forcing, though look out for warlocks who still use fury or units that gain additional attack dice by feats, spells or abiliities
    Last edited by HannibalTheGreat; 11-30-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalTheGreat View Post
    Uses for Morgs feat:
    - support the assasination of warlocks by preventing transfers
    - against jack heavy / beast heavy: knock them down and they won´t stand up next turn
    - or simply catch the beasts / jacks and they won´t do anything special for a turn
    - use an Agonizer, a really tough unit such as Gatormen or Cetrati. Run everything up the field, pop feat, use Agonizers aura and suddenly pMorg is the hell of an attrition caster (though it doesn´t work against high P+S infantry spam)
    - use it as a life insurance once pMorg is in the thick of things. DEF 17 is hard to match without boosting / forcing, though look out for warlocks who still use fury or units that gain additional attack dice by feats, spells or abiliities
    This is solid advice, I only really play pMorghoul against jack/beast heavy lists.
    My 2nd caster compliments him by taking out infantry based lists.
    eHexeris is the man for that job in my eyes and that's who gets used.

Can warcasters allocate focus under morg's feat? I was under the impression they couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by monkmonk View Post
    Can warcasters allocate focus under morg's feat? I was under the impression they couldn't
    They can, but if the jacks are in Morghoul's control area, the jacks can't spend it.

Hmmm... Honestly, pMorghoul's feat is one of my favorites in the faction. I've never had any serious problems using it to good effect; Well, aside from one game where I'd forgotten that it does not prevent casters from spending Fury. And thankfully, I still managed to not die. heh.

Arcnodes aren't usually a problem, as I tend to target them first anyway. On the turn I pop the feat, I usually endeavor to engage the arcnode somehow (or destroy it outright before I get there). A Rushed and Abused SPD 6 beast can often catch the node with its pants down. Meanwhile, the feat coverage will prevent enemy beasts/jacks from closing and issuing serious reprisal.

When playing against Hordes, on the other hand, the turn I pop the feat is usually the turn I'm closing the deal. I could care less about whether or not you can force your beasts or spend Fury, because it's business time! Going for the assassination run on a turn where they are denied the ability to transfer is just golden.

And it always comes as a little bit of a surprise... I find that my opponents will almost always bank fury on their turn, despite knowing what his feat does, and the impending doom about to hit them.
    Last edited by Mnkylord; 11-30-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Current Projects:
    Tiberion Repose

Conqueror

Morghoul charging in with an agonizer next to him makes warmachine players have fits. And ist isnt that bad against hordes either. Run in models that mess with your opponents charge lanes can do wonders for morghouls life span.