Thread: New Blood

Conqueror

Default New Blood

I picked up a chunk of Skorne and started assembling it today. I may have had some of the worst luck on the planet with packing.

Titan Gladiator: Missing one tusk, and one Shoulder Plate.
    Molik Karn, Packed with two left arms and no right arm.
    Cyclops Brute: Missing back banner.
    Cataphract Cetrati: Packed with an extra Grunt, but no Primus.

All that said, PP has always done a great job on replacing mispacks, so I'm not terribly concerned about it. This is just the first time I've ever come up with more than one missing bit or so in a fair sized lot of models.

On the next note. I think the Savage comes in second place to models I'll be happy to never attempt to assemble again in my life (behind Nyss Hunters). I'm sure it didn't help that one of the arms was miscast and bent at an angle that two pairs of pliers nearly broke the thing getting it to angle right. I'm also not a huge fan of the Titan Gladiator and how it "fits" together. I think if I end up liking Skorne more and picking up more models for it, I'll end up waiting for a plastic kit and hope it comes out better. The Cetrati, as I expected have the same too easy to bend/break spears that everyone else ended up with. It's not a surprise, nor does it upset me, I was just hoping since they're larger, medium based models they might be a little thicker.

All in all, outside of the snags and whatnot, it went fairly smoothly, and most of the models were less finicky than a lot tend to be. Hopefully the play experience is enjoyable, and they'll move into my secondary army position, and push Cygnar back to third.

the titans do fit after 45 minutes of grinding and filing, i bare witness. The first thing i ever did in this game was assemble the savage, I was almost discouraged. Also, welcome to the empire.
    If your are reading this post, the moderators have not yet deleted my post.
    Skorne born on date: march 2011

With our Titans, I almost never bother assembling the top and bottom halves without first laying down a ring of green stuff in its pants.

Is that as terrible to read as it was to say in my head?

Current Projects:
    Tiberion Repose

Destroyer of Worlds EpicAstinos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mnkylord View Post
    With our Titans, I almost never bother assembling the top and bottom halves without first laying down a ring of green stuff in its pants.

Damn it... I'm camping out in the computer lab, reading the forums in between grinding down the 8 math sections due tonight. And you made me laugh so, so loudly just then. Everyone looked.
    All hail the Ubernaught. All hail the CAKEFATHER.

Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Mnkylord View Post
    Yes, and it was BRILLIANT!

I'm not buying Skorn until the plastics come out.

And lord knows, having assembled the battlebox, that I HATE HATE HATE HATE teh Savages.

Quote Originally Posted by niceas View Post

And lord knows, having assembled the battlebox, that I HATE HATE HATE HATE teh Savages.
    I never even really used them, and I bought mine individually. I guess that means there's no excuse for having them.

Quote Originally Posted by niceas View Post

Ehhh... I am up in the air about the plastics. While yes, they will probably be better fitting and easier to build they just won't have the same titanic feel of a giant raging hunk of metal in your hands. I love the weight of my motorpool full of metal goodness!

I also find that the "gaps" make it somewhat easier and more inspiring for making custom reposes. I have definitely gotten good use out of the tub of green stuff I bought.

Oh... and welcome to the Empire. I started with Cygnar and Trolls, but as soon as I started playing Skorne I have pretty much abandoned those two factions completely (Over 200 points in models -.-). I can't wait until I can actually sell those armies and snag the final pieces to my Skorne collection!

As far as the miss-packs... Wow. Sorry to hear about that, but PP will definitely remedy that for you. Their customer service is top notch from what I have seen.
    Paladin Tech and Game of Orlando, Florida
    PaladinTAG.com
    Skorne || Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by SYPHONiCYDE View Post
    I have definitely gotten good use out of the tub of green stuff I bought.
    "Tub?" Where and how much? I need some more putty but I'm constantly frustrated by low quantity for high price.

....not to derail the thread or anything.

I think the most enjoyable part of this faction was reposing absolutely everything. Standing up your first Titan is a magical experience.