Thread: Various Bits

Default Various Bits

So I thought I'd put up some of my painted minis so the combined wisdom of the boards might help me improve. If anyone has any suggestions apart from 'practice, experiment and just keep at it' I would be most grateful.

(also: I'll see if I can figure out posting images)

-One of my first Warmachine minis, I decided on green and metal for my Khador colour scheme

-The Butcher, my second warcaster

-A converted talon for my Mercenaries

-A Trollkin I painted to to test troll colour schemes

ps. forgive my primitive photography setup

... Continued

-Widowmaker

-Spriggan

-Man of War Bombardier

-Pistoleer

...even more continued

-Thagrosh

-Kara (I like the pose, personally)

-Blaster

Some may have noticed that a) I'm a bit faction-schizophrenic and b) I don't really base... I'm working on that.

Thanks for looking.

Conqueror

Kara is certainly my pick of the lot! Her base is looking pretty awesome too.

I can't wait to see her finished

Looks solid so far. I particularly like your Thagrosh and Sloan.
    My Epic Butcher Tactica
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts, Calcifar, Jamie P, SmellyTerror, Noble_Rain, Killax, and mad_dasher View Post
    jdeckert is always right

Thanks! They, of course are the most recent. Looking at these pictures on my work computer makes me think I need to take better ones though.

This is my latest W.I.P. I'm trying to use the stone technique from NQ #43. I'm not sure what to do for the 'head' though. Also: I think I need a better camera.

Are you using a light box? If not, you might try the milk-jug lightbox setup. Works well an crazy economical!
    My Epic Butcher Tactica
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts, Calcifar, Jamie P, SmellyTerror, Noble_Rain, Killax, and mad_dasher View Post
    jdeckert is always right

You need to take better pics if you want more detailed crit. All your mini's are lit from a strange angle so that most of what you are trying to show is in shadow.

What I can see looks alright. You seem to have some grasp of techniques beyond the basics but without better pictures giving advice is difficult.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for replying anyway, I'll see what I can do about taking better pictures.