Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Destroyer of Worlds KamenRiderNecro's Avatar

I used to do the tape thing, but have been using the sticks from my Q-tips after I get through with them--clipping off the ends, of course--and they fit perfectly with minor trimming. Couple that with some modeling putty in the bottom if you so desire and you're good to go!
    "Is that gasoline I smell, Mr. Gideon?"

I usually use sprue, either metal bits from PP pieces or plastic from other kits, especially the plastic since it's fairly easy to shave down with an exacto and a file to fit the space I need to fill.
    Current Painting Status: Mercenaries 37% complete, Cygnar 0% complete, Khador 0% complete, Minins 0% complete...

I didn't use anything. Putting down a layer of adhesive with a small brush filled in the crack just fine and once I put flocking over the glue the result was an even surface. No problems. It hasn't settled or anything. After the model was painted and dry I then sprayed the whole thing with dull coat finish and that locks the surface of the flocking in place. Of course my flocking is just sand ballast because I'm painting an army that is deployed in the Bloodstone Marches.

Conqueror

what i usually do is rip off a little piece of paper towel, and go nuts with some super glue over it, so it gets hard. then sand over that, then flock.

Lately, I've been using Mighty Putty. It's much cheaper than greenstuff and it cures rock-hard in about 30 minutes. It behaves a little bit like milliput in that it can be smoothed with a wet finger. The only down-side I've found is that it smells like sulphur. Also, you can buy it at Wal-mart.

I used to use tape but it seemed a tad fragile to me (though I never really had problems with it). Now I just jam a little piece of balsa wood into it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12