Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

NIce model. No question about that.

But.

Too expensive.

The "other company"'s big kits like the stompa or the baneblade are 35% cheaper, are bigger, at least equally detailed and come in a box packed with additional choices, weapons etc.

Out of my reach, out of my interest

There is a limit to what resin/pewter can be used to. These kits should've been cast in plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk Jim View Post
    You're probably right, I just don't think we should assume too much with how little information we have
    It's not an assumption to look at something and know what it is

Besides, plastic is much sturdier, so I would have been downright shocked to not see at least some of the model in plastic. I like the PP plastic, it's good stuff. You can bounce my fennblades off the floor without anything snapping!

Rasheth 2014: Chains we can believe in!

Destroyer of Worlds Sergeant Bus's Avatar

It is so gorgeous. I am so excited to see what they have for Menoth

-Sergeant Bus
    Matak Ironside Seals of Fate
    [Initiative:11+6][DEF: 10][ARM: 15+2AP+1DL][FP: 2/3]
    [Vitality: 15/15][PHY: 7][AGI: 5][INT: 3]

YouTube Channel

I sincerely hope that the casting is better then my battle engines. The mold lines that are "unrecoverable" for 100 bucks was pretty ahrd to take. The Battle engines better be better for the price tag
    Quote Originally Posted by She
    That's what

Annihilator

Wow thier prices are starting to make that other company's models look cheap.
    If they see as much use as most battle engines, won't be worth the money, sadly.

/worship

rrrrrrr

"The plural of anecdote is not evidence" - Critias

"... It`s not your models, its not your faction...its you." - Deist

Combatant

Price - For Resin a bit much... wheres our money going too... the developers bonus for thinking up such an eye popping piece!

Worth it... prob. not.(waiting for rules before forming an op.)

Thoughts... Kraye nuff said the SUPER HORSE with double movment.... wondering what the ride byes will be like hehe

Quote Originally Posted by quindraco View Post
    135 dollars? Seriously? Why is it 50 dollars more than a Battle Engine?
    While it may not seem taller, it is way way bulkier. And it comes with three "solos"
    My Painted Stuff!

"You can't judge a book by it's cover, but having a cover usually doesn't hurt"

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by petegrrrr View Post
    That's may not be correct. There is almost definitely plastic and pewter in this kit. Just look at ed's insider. http://privateerpress.com/community/...sider-3-7-2012
    The legs and forearms are definitely different material than the resin bits, and look very much like PP's plastics.

Which is fine by me, as I like PP's plasic better than some of the resin anyway. Less fragile.
    Not all resin is the same color.

That's may not be correct. There is almost definitely plastic and pewter in this kit. Just look at ed's insider. http://privateerpress.com/community/...sider-3-7-2012
    The legs and forearms are definitely different material than the resin bits, and look very much like PP's plastics.
    The Stormwall is composed of resin and metal parts. The color variance is a result of the fact that we actually add the grey color to our resin. Since this is done by hand not every batch looks exactly the same.

The Stormwall does not contain plastic parts like those found in the plastic warjack kits.

Battle engine $85 + 3 x single models $10ea = $115
    Honestly not that that far off from what I would expect, nor is it that far off from any serious competition (ie titans).

Destroyer of Worlds Defenstrator's Avatar

I find this thread a bit amusing. I see the awesome model, I see the price, I say alright. But I find the whole Warroom debacle of having to pay a huge amount for a simple list builder prohibitive. But some people who were going on about what a deal Warroom is are pulled up short at the thought of paying $135 for a model.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by John of Arc View Post
    Who hates Steelheads? That's like saying "Man, screw bread. Bread can go die."
    Our Warmachine and Hordes Blog.

$135 for a mini-dragon is acceptable to me. *hint hint*
    50 pts Tier 4 Ravens of War - 32 pts remaining
    50 pts Tier 4 Black Magic - 30 pts + B&B remaining
    35 pts Tier 4 Rearguard - 8 pts remaining

Quote Originally Posted by kaneblaise View Post
    I figured the cannons were cannons since the blurb mentioned shooting cannonballs... but I still don't see a place for the pods to launch from. Thus why I thought the cannons might be pulling double-duty. But, as you have said that is not the case, could we possibly get an awesome PP-cares-about-its-customers picture of Stormwall with a simple circled area showing where they come from? Or perhaps a quick sketch of it with the pods pre-deployment?
    If you look at the very top of it's.. hump I guess you could call it, there's a round metal thing there, which looks a lot like the tip of the little guys that's sticking into the ground. Picture them closed up, which the tip that impacts the ground as the part that comes out of the Colossal first.

... So with all battle engines that I know of already out for sale, except for Skorne - which has yet to even get a photo up on the site - they put up an entry for a colossal instead?

One day, Animantarax... One day we will finally be together ;_;

On topic, though, the Stormwall looks as impressive as in the reveal-video. Although if the colossi all have similar price tags, that will be a bit of a tough pill to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    The Stormwall is composed of resin and metal parts. The color variance is a result of the fact that we actually add the grey color to our resin. Since this is done by hand not every batch looks exactly the same.

The Stormwall does not contain plastic parts like those found in the plastic warjack kits.
    Ahh, fair enough! I'm a little sad though. I liked the idea of stormwall having indestructible plastic legs

The difference for the price difference:

vs.

As far as I can tell, that's the same green and yellow hobby board that both models are on.

Destroyer of Worlds ForsakenPoptart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorvidMP View Post
    Battle engine $85 + 3 x single models $10ea = $115
    Honestly not that that far off from what I would expect, nor is it that far off from any serious competition (ie titans).
    Particularly when you consider how much bigger they are in comparison to the battle engines- seriously, folks, we who were at TempleCon got to see the Conquest up close, and he's a monster. Stormwall is no different- they're huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsplatter artist View Post
    They're actually part of its reproductive cycle. If left unmolested the stormpod will eventually hatch into an adorable squire. If he lives long enough he will become a firefly and eventually a Stormclad. From there, he can either grow into a storm wall or in extreme cases they reach an evolutionary dead end and become thunderheads.
    2014- the year of the Iron Wolf: 1/100 0 Wins, 1 Loss

Conqueror

I wonder if the price point uniquely reflects the three 'solos' it comes with or if the other colossals will come with more stuff to 'make up' for the lack of solo parts.
    Last edited by Mod_Redphantasm; 03-08-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: removed inflammatory commentary

I can't wait to see the Kraken now. I know I'm easily capable of justifying the price tag to myself if it looks amazing

Destroyer of Worlds

Looks so, so good!

Conqueror

Default This is my contention as well

Quote Originally Posted by correlation2 View Post
    For those of us that buy from local retailers its kind of harsh.
    How do we as gamers support our local gaming stores with a product at this price point when discounters on the web will be offering this at a 10-25% discount of the retail price? This is a very tough buy for me. As a gamer I support my local shop rather than buy online. But THIS is starting to push it for me. I love the models but I think I am going to have to reconsider whether I am going to pick this up. I am very loyal to the shop that I play at and want to buy from them. Yet, the price point is pushing me to discounters on the web. Not something that my local store likes in any way.

Awesome model, I love them. Price wise not so much

OH!
    MY!
    GOD!
    That is so damn pretty, its almost a crime.
    The cycle we go through with every release:
    1st stage - reveal - Wow! Look at the new toys.
    2nd stage - spoilers - Booo! They're not as awesome as I imagined!
    3rd stage - actual play - Okay, this thing's (usually) not awful.

Destroyer of Worlds studderingdave's Avatar

complaining about price is irrelevant. you either want it or you don't. it is a hobby.

2012 Casters: pButcher pIrusk 2013 Casters: pSorscha eIrusk
    2014 Casters: uButcher Harkovich/MERCS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jestor View Post
    I sincerely hope that the casting is better then my battle engines. The mold lines that are "unrecoverable" for 100 bucks was pretty ahrd to take. The Battle engines better be better for the price tag
    This will be the only snag. As long as it has a better casting quality than the BE's the price is fine. However, I've put together several Battle Engines and ALL of them have had unforgivable mold lines. If pip can deal with that problem I have no issue paying $135.
    My Painted Stuff!

"You can't judge a book by it's cover, but having a cover usually doesn't hurt"

The price is higher than I had hoped, but pretty much exactly what I had expected. At that price, I'll buy 2, but I likely won't buy any of the colossals for the other factions (if the price was lower I was considering buying each faction's one).
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    The Casio calculator is far better at doing math than a warjack. The warjack is better at walking around, obeying orders, and murdering things with weapons.
    Cygnar: 500 points & 14 Warcasters painted / 634 points & 14 Warcasters total

Yeah the 135$ price tag is prohibitive. Frankly, I don't understand it. I'm not going to flame, but in all honesty, I'd appreciate the reasonning behind this pricing.

Anyway, I don't buy a number of models, I buy according to a "minis budget". Buying a Stormwall just means I won't buy something else from PP.

I was put off by the price when I first saw the update. But the more I look at it the more I like it. I'll be getting one from an online retailer and with the discount and free shipping I wont even blink when I pay for it...

regards, Bill
    Hello, my name is Bill. I'm a leadoholic. I see lead people!

I had good luck with my Vessel of Judgement. Just some big fill nibs, and no bad mold lines, so hopefully it won't be too hard to do

That price is on the top end of what I was expecting, but really it just means it will be an extra couple of weeks to put away the difference. And since we won't be seeing them start being released for a month or two.
    This wine tastes like a sweaty rat who went to a rave and had a mediocre time.

PbP Character List

I had good luck with my Vessel of Judgement. Just some big fill nibs, and no bad mold lines, so hopefully it won't be too hard to do
    Anyone who owns an AFG would like a word with you...
    That's what

Destroyer of Worlds Cloud-Gatherer's Avatar

$135 means I probably won't buy two. Probably.

"Shhh. Before you talk with the Chief, you must party with the Chief."

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    The Lightning Pods actually launch from the top of the torso. The shoulder cannons are...well cannons
    Nice, cannons and chainguns .

Are those lighting pods limited?

Quote Originally Posted by Jestor View Post
    Anyone who owns an AFG would like a word with you...
    Yeah, it was the first one they ever did, I'm sure it has more flaws on average than any other, but they seem to be getting better at it is my point

My Vessel of Judgement had some pretty serious flaws--one of the spokes of the wheel was almost completely flowed out, one of the spires off to the side was missing (an apparent bubble lopped off about 1/4" of the tip), and I had to clean up mold lines all over the place. The top and the bottom didn't fit together very well either and required a lot of sanding to smooth out. The metal parts were exemplary however. I'm hoping that they're getting better at working with resin and the future kits won't be as problematic.

That said, if the Judicator is $135 it is going to need some crazy good rules to convince me to buy it. That is straight up expensive.
    NoVA players: Come to Game Parlor Chantilly on Thursday nights for some Warmachine/Hordes action!

How much flame would a Flamebringer bring if a Flamebringer could bring flame?

Destroyer of Worlds Sergeant Bus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Epizeuxis View Post
    On topic, though, the Stormwall looks as impressive as in the reveal-video. Although if the Colossals all have similar price tags, that will be a bit of a tough pill to swallow.
    Fixed that

Colossus may or may not be Colossi in its plural form I have no idea but Colossal is just Colossals.

-Sergeant Bus
    Matak Ironside Seals of Fate
    [Initiative:11+6][DEF: 10][ARM: 15+2AP+1DL][FP: 2/3]
    [Vitality: 15/15][PHY: 7][AGI: 5][INT: 3]

YouTube Channel

Yeah, it was the first one they ever did, I'm sure it has more flaws on average than any other, but they seem to be getting better at it is my point
    My War Wagon would also like a word with you The bottom was so miscast I almost had to scrap it and order a new piece through the parts replacement. I ended up having to cut off half a leg on one of the toughaloes and resculpt it.
    That's what

How did I get into this hand basket, and why is it so hot?

$135 doesn't sound at all unreasonable when I pay $50ish for a heavy beast that is about 1/8 of the acutal volume of that monstrosity.

Seriously that thing is gorgeous and I envy you WM players immensely. Especially Cygnar, easily the prettiest of what we've seen so far.

The above is my personal opinion, and in no way should be taken as representative of the overall Skorne community. Even when I claim otherwise.
    Skorne on date ... when did Primal Mk I hit again?

My Battle Carriage was fine, honestly. One or two very easily removed mold lines (resin is so much easier to work with), that didn't go over any details. Small chunk of extra resin on the bottom that I had to chop off, and that's it. I was much more pleased with it than with the plastic kits.

Well, apparently I am just very lucky. But as long as I stay lucky with my resin models, you all can kick rocks

( )

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast