PDA

View Full Version : Combining CRA and Dual shot

guchi
03-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Seems like an easy one, but someone was convinced you couldn't combine CRA and Dual shot (and as a consequence Aiming bonus)?
Can't find anything that's says you can't, but he was convinced!

Are we missing something? Maybe he is thinking of a mk1 rule?

Hjelmen0
03-12-2012, 04:01 AM
You can indeed use both CRA and Dual Shot and/or the aiming bonus. I don't know what he might be thinking of, but it's definitely legal to combine those abilities.

jandrese
03-12-2012, 08:43 AM
That is almost certainly in reference to the Long Gunners, but I have no idea where he got the idea that you can't CRA when using Dual Shot. Certainly not from any rules that have ever been in Warmachine or Hordes.

Valander
03-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Just for sake of clarity, do note that a single model cannot contribute both of the shots gained by Dual Shot to the same​ CRA. They could contribute to two different CRAs, or contribute to one and make an individual attack.

Geekly
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Now I'm a bit confused. Can you give an example? I think I've been playing this wrong.

Weaselcreature
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
6 Longgunners (have forfeit their movement for aiming, which gives them Dual Shot also):
They can do a CRA of 6 models, or 2, 3-man CRAs (or 3, 2-man, or 1 2-man and 1 4-man...whatever combo you want).
Then for their Dual Shot, they can do ANOTHER combinations of CRAs.
A single model can't use both his shots into the same CRA (you can't have your 6 men do 1 CRA, with each model taking his Dual Shot into that same CRA...that would be like a 12-man CRA).

poeticruse
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
If that example answers the follow up question, great. If not, please post a new post, with your question, and not a request for examples.