PDA

View Full Version : Obstacles and charging

kennyal
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi all

Just to clarify if i have a unit sitting behind a 1 inche thick + tall wall ( bases touching it ) and they are charged by an enemy warbeast that has pathfinder the enemy warbeast must stop moving at wall contact and if it does not have reach it cannot attack?

I am assuming flight would allow charges to ignore obstacles but pathfinder does not?

Also can models slam through forests? e.g my warpwolf is behind a forest, a scythean with eyeless sight and pathfinder declares a slam against it from the other side?

Thanks!

Valander
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Pathfinder – This model can advance through rough terrain (p. 86) without penalty and can charge and make slam and trample power attacks across obstacles
You can charge across obstacles (which includes linear obstacles) with Pathfinder. You cannot stop on top of a linear obstacle, though, so if there isn't room for the model's base on the other side, it will have to stop short. And if that leaves it out of melee range, then that is a failed charge.

Slams require LOS to be declared, but if you have something that allows you to draw LOS through a forest (such as Eyeless Sight), then you can still slam. Remember, though, that you still have the rough terrain penalty for movement (without something that allows you to ignore that).