PDA

View Full Version : Epic Haley Feat Question - Activation order of affected and unaffected models

Ryunaito
03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry if this was asked before. I came across this question when one of the players used Haley and used her feat. It caught some models in her control other were not. I was unsure of how the activation sequence would go. Will unaffected models activate first, then resolve the activation sequence of the affected models? This seems like the simplest way to resolve it, but again I would like to get it clarified.

Wording of her feat is:

During your opponent's next Activation Phase, enemy models/units activating while in Haley's control area forfeit either their movement
or their action during their activations, as their controller chooses. Affected models/ units activate at the start of their controller's next Activation Phase in the order you choose. Temporal Shift lasts for one round.

solkan
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Affected models/ units activate at the start of their controller's next Activation Phase in the order you choose.

What you've described is not activating at the start of their controller's next activation phase. Activating the affected models before unaffected models would be activating affected models at the start of the activation phase.

Ryunaito
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I see, just to be perfectly clear on this. Affected models must activate first, during which the controller of eHaley chooses the activation sequence. Once activated, the must forfiet either movement or action. Once all affected models finish activating, only then can unaffected models activate.

Did I get it right?

juckto
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
1. Activation phase starts.
2. eHaley picks an affected model/unit to activate. It activates.
3. Repeat 2 until all affected models/units/ have activated.
4. non-eHaley player activates the remainder of his army as normal.

Ryunaito
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
1. Activation phase starts.
2. eHaley picks an affected model/unit to activate. It activates.
3. Repeat 2 until all affected models/units/ have activated.
4. non-eHaley player activates the remainder of his army as normal.

Awesome, thanks for the help guys!