PDA

View Full Version : Side step /overtake and movement modifiers

Falkman
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Hello!
How does bonuses and penalties to movement/SPD interact with the movement of side step and overtake?
Can these moves be reduced or increased in length or are they always 2" and 1" respectively, regardless of modifiers?

solkan
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
If the rule says that you move 1" or 2", no one cares what your model's SPD is so it doesn't matter whether the SPD modifier applies.

As far as movement modifiers are concerned:

Modifiers to movement apply only to a model's normal movement, while modifiers to SPD only apply whenever the model's SPD is used to determine the distance.
and above that

The term normal movement refers to the movement a model makes during the movement portion of its activation.

I'm not sure how you can arrange to get something like side step or overtake to trigger during your model's normal movement. Most of the scenarios should involve you ending movement first (and thus no longer during your model's normal movement) or take place during another model's activation all together.

Falkman
03-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah with movement modifiers I meant those that increase SPD as well, it was a bit poorly worded, I blame my GW background. :)
Thanks for the answer though, your first quote is exactly what I was looking for. Means a unit can use overtake or side step even if their SPD has been brought down to 0. That's great news!

solkan
03-13-2012, 09:17 PM
SPD can't be reduced to 0.
Except for DEF, a model's base and current stats can never be reduced to less than 1; its base and current DEF can never be reduced to less than 5.

Falkman
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Well, 1 then in the case of Side step. :p