PDA

View Full Version : Lord tyrant Hexers: Feat and Soulfire interaction

Falkman
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello!
Since both pHexeris feat and his spell Soulfire have effects that trigger on boxed, how do I resolve that? Do I choose just one of the effects, or is there any way I can get the benefits of both?

The feat reads:
When a living or undead enemy model is boxed by an attack while in Hexeris' control area, take control of it. The model becomes a friendly Undead model.
If it is a trooper, it becomes a solo. The model can immediately advance up to 3" and can make one normal melee attack, then remove the model from play. [...]

Soulfire reads:
Cost: 2 Range: 10 POW: 12 OFF
When a living non-soulless model is boxed by Soulfire, this model gains 1 fury point and the boxed model is removed from play.

Basically, can I cast Soulfire on a living enemy model, trigger "on boxed" effects, choose to use the feat first, and then get the fury point as well when it is removed from play?

solkan
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
According to page 236 Primal Mk II, or page 244 Mk II, if you have two different effects that both trigger on the same step (like boxed or disabled), you pick one, resolve it. And then if the condition is still applicable, pick the next effect, resolve and repeat.

Since both of those effects include "remove the model from play", you're going to end up choosing one, getting that effect, and then removing the model from play, thus denying you the other effect.

Falkman
03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I was afraid of that. Thanks for the answer though. :)