PDA

View Full Version : Electroleap on ranged weapons?

GrandmasterEJ
11-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Krueger's lightning tendrils spell only states 'weapons' gain reach and electroleap, does this apply to ranged weapons as well?

GrandmasterEJ
11-28-2009, 03:09 AM
no thoughts on this?

Poet
11-28-2009, 03:18 AM
As per wording it does.
If it was intended, I think it needs to change. If it was not, I hope they tell us soon.

Deathsinger
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Why Warmachine can do Major Katherine Laddermore with Elector Charger to Storm Lancers within 5" so all do Ride-By Electro Bolt firing at at range 8 then get an additional ElectroLeap attack to nearest 4" model for POW 10 damage roll.

GrandmasterEJ
11-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Im not saying its wrong or too powerful I merely want a clarification. Because as it stands (rules as written) then ranged weapons would get 'reach' as well which obviously has no impact on the game ;)

Unless of course this has some strange way of stacking with a gunfighter model, but regardless, clarification please!?!?!?

Mootaz
11-30-2009, 04:08 AM
Checking..

GrandmasterEJ
12-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Any update on this?

Weaselcreature
12-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Any update on this?
I know waiting for a reply can cause anxiety and eagerness, but when they say checking, they really are and will get back when they have an answer. :)

knight_actual
12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
I guess: ranged weapons get leap, melee weapons get leap AND reach.

leap ranged weapon has precedence in storm tech.

reach advantage is "this weapon has a 2" melee range." so as to preclude application to ranged weapons.

Stevo
12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
I think it's pretty clear:
Gunfighter allows ranged attacks at .5" only. Reach does not affect it at all. That has been discussed fully in the Retribution Discussion on Ravyn.

Since you can't make ranged attacks while Engaged, it doesn't matter if the Crossbow has a 9,000,000" reach, you can't use it in melee.

As for Electro Leap on a ranged weapon goes, this is hardly the first time this has been seen. Storm Lances and Katherine Laddermore both have electro leap on their ranged weapons, as does the Stormclad. Not a big deal in my opinion.

bouncymischa
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
I think it's pretty clear:
As for Electro Leap on a ranged weapon goes, this is hardly the first time this has been seen. Storm Lances and Katherine Laddermore both have electro leap on their ranged weapons, as does the Stormclad. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Electroleap is a very powerful ability on a ranged weapon, though. I've used it with my Storm Lances, and Gun Mages used to have a similar ability in Ricochet -- and we know how that worked out. I feel that the Storm Lances are internally balanced, but if electroleap can be put on anything in the Circle arsenal... are Woldwyrds balanced with it? Woldstalkers? Nyss Hunters? etc. etc.

However, playtesting will likely have to wait until we get a response...

Stevo
12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I like it on Reeves, personally. It isn't as bad as it was in MK I, that is certain. Wolves or Gators with a 4" reach? Really?

I don't see a problem with any Circle Unit gaining Electro Leap.

Defenstrator
12-01-2009, 09:52 AM
It isn't Reeves that it would be the problem with, because Reeves aren' that good. On Nyss Hunters on the other hand it definately needs a look. Reach Weaponmasters with Hunter and range 12 electro-leap weapons is pretty brutal. If Circle couldn't get them it wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps it should be a faction models spell?

Sevwall
12-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Either way, its hugely powerful.

And in a funny but unlikely scenario:
Pump 20 shots into a Woldwatcher, do 20 POW 10's to someone within 4" of him.

Stevo
12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
It probably should be faction friendly model/unit. Nyss Hunters do seem a bit too good. Another possibility is to not make it an upkeep spell.

rydiafan
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Or just make it melee weapons only.

Lunatic Calm
12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Answer is: Will affect melee weapons only.

DonJean
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Infernals come through for us again. Thanks guys