PDA

View Full Version : Counter Charge questions

tzeentchling9
03-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Does a model which charges with the Counter Charge rule get to make all of it's initial attacks and purchase more attacks?

Also can a model Counter Charge an enemy model that charged? If yes, does the Counter Charging model get his attacks before the charging enemy's attacks?

Thanks

whats82
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Just the charge attack.

Yes, you can countercharge a countercharge, assuming all the conditions are met (within 6", not engaging). The most recent charging model gets its attack first.

Valander
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Does a model which charges with the Counter Charge rule get to make all of it's initial attacks and purchase more attacks?

Check Prime, p. 47 for full details on charges outside of activation (which would be counter charge). In particular:

When a model makes this type of charge, it makes only one attack.
Additional attacks can only be purchased during your combat action, so you cannot do it during a counter charge.

Also can a model Counter Charge an enemy model that charged? If yes, does the Counter Charging model get his attacks before the charging enemy's attacks?

Thanks
Depends. Review the text for Counter Charge:

When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6˝ of this model and in its LOS, this model can immediately charge it. If it does, it cannot make another counter charge until after your next turn. This model cannot make a counter charge while engaged.The last sentence is key. If a model with Counter Charge was charged, but didn't wind up engaged, then it could counter charge whichever model charged (and made a failed charge, one would assume, since it would have had to end its movement outside of its melee range).

tzeentchling9
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
I did know that you couldn't counter charge after getting charged(as the model would be engaged). I was more wondering if one could countercharge after an enemy charged something else within 6".

Thanks again.

Valander
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
I did know that you couldn't counter charge after getting charged(as the model would be engaged). I was more wondering if one could countercharge after an enemy charged something else within 6".

Thanks again.
Sure, since a charge is an advance, so it meets the criteria for triggering counter charge.