PDA

View Full Version : Cataclysm

Draxos
03-23-2012, 04:10 PM
So can I get an official ruling on cataclysm. How does an arc node interact with cataclysm for the purpose of measuring distance and damage?

Crate123
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
You measure from Harbinger.
The rule says "Reduce the base POW of Cataclysm by 1 for each full inch between the target and this model".

tort
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
If you have the forces of Menoth book its in the tactical tip section as well "even if this spell is channelled its damage is still based on the range of the target from the Harbinger"

Talamare
03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Ive read that you could make this spell do -10 damage at its absolute maximum range

Lanz
03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
It's true, and in that case the blast damage will actually be better than the direct hit damage.

It's a bit silly, but I think PP has filed it into the 'too absurd to fix' box, and I doubt anyone minds.

Zembar
03-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes, you measure from Harbinger herself and you can have negative POW for Cataclysm. And in those cases the blast damage will be more than the direct hit damage. (Half of -4 is -2)

Here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?11494-Harbinger) is an old thread with Infernal confirmation.

Draxos
03-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah I know. I had a new guy at my LGS arguing with me because battle college says its been "officially ruled" to go from point of origin. Took 4 of us telling him at once to get him to listen.

poeticruse
03-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Yeah I know. I had a new guy at my LGS arguing with me because battle college says its been "officially ruled" to go from point of origin. Took 4 of us telling him at once to get him to listen.

If an Infernal overturns a tactical tip, it will be accompanied by an errata. The tactical tip on Harbinger's FoW: Protectorate entry is correct. You always measure cataclysm from the Harbinger.

Battle college is NOT an official rules source, and I caution everyone about getting their information from any such third party source.