PDA

View Full Version : Strafe vs. Enliven

@ndreas
03-25-2012, 01:17 PM
... did some search, but wasn't able to find any satisfying answer.

So here it goes:

Does the Strafe-*Action of a Seraph trigger Enliven cast from a Vassal of Menoth on a 'Jack that is shot by Strafe BEFORE all the Strafe-shots are made?

I would say no, because in the Legion-Themebook the Tactical Tip refers to Strafe shots as being simultaneous attacks.
So I would think the shots have to be fully resolved and THEN Enliven triggers and lets the 'Jack making a full advance.
So it has to eat the whole series of shots.

Is that correct?
Clarifications would be welcome.

tort
03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
For simultaneous attacks you make the attack and damage rolls for each attack and then once you've done that for all the simultaneous attacks apply the damage and effects that result from that damage. Enliven triggers after you apply all the damage and resulting effects.

Ruan
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
That seems correct. As you said, so long as Strafe's attacks are considered to be Simultaneous, the Enliven'd jack is stuck taking all of the shots. If any one of the shots damage it, Enliven triggers, but only once all of the simultaneous attacks resolve.

Essentially:

Seraph declares Strafe attack, measures range to jack. In range.
Roll 1d3+1 shots. All shots are fired and fully resolved.
If the jack was damaged, then Enliven triggers.

If it wasn't simultaneous, then yes, the jack could eat one shot, then potentially walk out of range.

@ndreas
03-26-2012, 11:23 AM
... so I read and interpreted the rules, that is a nice benefit of a Strafe attack (especially when boosted/feated).

Thx for the clarification on this.

So we can conclude: Strafe -> simultaneous attack -> applying the damage of all shots -> Enliven triggers on damage.

So every simultaneous attack that gets multiple damage on the field triggers Enliven not until all damage has been rolled and applied.