PDA

View Full Version : Bloodbane Wraith Blight Shroud Range

solkan
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
The Cryx league model Bloodbane Wraith's rule special action Blight Shroud says:

Remove all fury on this model. Enemy models within 1" of this model for each fury point removed suffer a POW 8 damage roll. Add an additional die to the damage roll for each focus or fury point on the enemy model.

The troublesome part is highlighted in red. If the wraith has 0 fury on it, does that mean that it's effectively "Enemy models within 0" of this model ..." and thus effectively "Enemy models in base contact ..."?

Or does it have to have fury on it to satisfy "Remove all fury on this model" before the rest of the rule applies?

Michael
03-25-2012, 07:59 PM
You need to have Fury in order to remove fury from the model. "Within 0 inches" does not equal B2B.

Here's an old post (one of many regarding Blight Shroud) that goes on and on forever (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?29752-Blight-Shroud-Forsaken&highlight=blight+shroud) that pretty much covers every possible way to argue this...

solkan
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
For some reason, I didn't think to see if the ability had been lifted from another model. Same words, same result, sanity ensues. :D

The answer at the very end of the thread, from Haight who I assume was an Infernal at the time even though the account isn't showing as purple, is:

Answer is:

You must remove fury points to activate Blight Shroud. You may not activate Blight Shroud with zero fury.

EDIT: Thanks to NmoLvr for pointing out that the above may have originally been too vague. Expanded the ruling to leave no wiggle room.

So, good enough for me. If the model needs a fury point, it doesn't matter what 0" equals.

Valander
03-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Yes, Haight was an Infernal at the time of that post.