PDA

View Full Version : Krielstone Incorpreal Charge

Largi
03-26-2012, 06:38 AM
This has probably been answered many times, but I couldn't find it after a few quick searches.
(though then again I am at work and beign continusly interrupted)

I was playing a game against Maelok. I had my Krielstone Aura up and screaming No to Maeloks feat. (No Incorp/Stealth)
Maelok popped his feat and a unit of Gators attampeted a charge through a wall. The edge of my aura touched the edge of the wall, so his gators were just below halfway through the wall at this point..

What happens?

a) They wouldn't have been able to charge?
b) They immediatly fail the charge and use least disturbance to place themselves?
c) If they were more than halfway through they carry on as normal?

We diced it in the end. But Even our TO was a little confused, and having a TO confused in 60 minute Hardcore is not fun xD

quindraco
03-26-2012, 07:07 AM
This has probably been answered many times, but I couldn't find it after a few quick searches.
(though then again I am at work and beign continusly interrupted)

I was playing a game against Maelok. I had my Krielstone Aura up and screaming No to Maeloks feat. (No Incorp/Stealth)
Maelok popped his feat and a unit of Gators attampeted a charge through a wall. The edge of my aura touched the edge of the wall, so his gators were just below halfway through the wall at this point..

What happens?

a) They wouldn't have been able to charge?
b) They immediatly fail the charge and use least disturbance to place themselves?
c) If they were more than halfway through they carry on as normal?

We diced it in the end. But Even our TO was a little confused, and having a TO confused in 60 minute Hardcore is not fun xD

Here we have confirmation that incorporeal is lost as soon as the aura is entered:

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?15364-Spirit-Chaser&p=232967&viewfull=1#post232967

So what happens? Here we have confirmation that if you lose incorporeal while inside another model, your movement must immediately end and least displacement applies:

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?61520-Essence-of-Dust-vs-Spirit-Chaser&p=842251&viewfull=1#post842251

So, we have precedent for movement conditions being re-checked mid-charge as soon as the aura is entered. This means that your models lost the ability to charge over walls *while charging over a wall*, which is exactly as illegal as being inside another model. Barring some new ruling, this means your gatormen's movement immediately ends, and they follow least displacement to place themselves.

Largi
03-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks Quindraco ^_^ Exactly as I though it would be.