PDA

View Full Version : Random questions from a couple of games

Doblin James
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I've recently gotten back into the hobby, and after some games, here are some questions that came up:

Somebody talked me in circles to the point that I don't know anything about shield wall anymore, but does a model ignore shield wall if it walks around behind the shield walled unit and attacks from behind, or do you need to qualify for backstrike bonus to ignore shield wall?

Running and feating- I know caster's can't do it, but can units with a UA pop mini-feat after running?

On a critical AOE that causes fire, is everything under the template on fire or just the model directly hit?

How do out of activation bonuses work? For example, a vanquisher fires its first shot benefiting from the choir, aiming bonus, and Sevvy's eye of menoth spell. When the vassal politely asks him to do it again, what (if any) bonuses are retained? Is there a rule saying you can't keep bonuses on out of activation attacks?

When you shake effects (say, knockdown) this happens in your control phase, when you are allocating focus, right? Does this come from the focus on the jacks themselves or straight from the caster? I've heard several variations of this, hopefully y'all can set me straight.

Thanks for the help!

Valander
03-28-2012, 08:38 PM
One question per thread, please.