PDA

View Full Version : Question on the mechanics of Hog Wild

Dmark
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I know I've asked a question on Hog Wild before, but the other day, I got to thinking. Could you forfeit movement to gain aiming bonus, pray for Hog Wild, shoot, then dig in?

Oniwasabi
03-28-2012, 11:26 PM
I believe that Hog Wild requires you to be able to advance, so it does not work if you forfeit your movement.

Reuben
03-29-2012, 02:04 AM
There is nothing in the rules that specifies being able to advance-however, it takes place before normal movement, and thus I believe you would not be able to gain the aiming bonus as you haven't been given the chance to move yet, and thus the opportunity to forfeit movement.

tort
03-29-2012, 02:09 AM
"affected models can make one ranged attack this activation before this unit makes its normal movement. After their normal movement, models in this unit that make combat actions can only make melee attacks this activation"

Nothing compelling you to advance there, what you are suggesting looks legit to me.

solkan
03-29-2012, 06:39 AM
"before this unit makes its normal movement".

Forfeiting:

When a model forfeits its movement, resolve the effect to which the movement is being forfeited, then the model ends its movement, triggering any relevant effects.

That means that you've ended your movement when you forfeit it, thus you've made your movement.

The previous thread for more elaboration: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?90162-Hog-Wild-and-Give-up&p=1209311&viewfull=1#post1209311
because it's based in part on the ruling for Assault and Battery and forfeiting, because the conditions appear to be the same.