PDA

View Full Version : Kromac + Jump further question

currentlyunknown
03-29-2012, 05:16 AM
This comes from the discussion here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?101689-Kromac-spellcasting-feating-jumping).

When does Kromac actually need to have Jump, the start of the move or the end of the move? To highlight with an example:

Kromac activates and casts a spell or 2 in normal tharn mode. He is currently being engaged by a bane thrall.

He advances, leaving the melee arc of the bane thrall. The bane thrall hits and damages Kromac. He beasts out.

Kromac finishes his advance.

Can he now leap?

Crate123
03-29-2012, 05:33 AM
This comes from the discussion here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?101689-Kromac-spellcasting-feating-jumping).

When does Kromac actually need to have Jump, the start of the move or the end of the move? To highlight with an example:

Kromac activates and casts a spell or 2 in normal tharn mode. He is currently being engaged by a bane thrall.

He advances, leaving the melee arc of the bane thrall. The bane thrall hits and damages Kromac. He beasts out.

Kromac finishes his advance.

Can he now leap?

you can only beast out during your opponents turn so what you propose isnt legal.

currentlyunknown
03-29-2012, 08:23 AM
True. Hah, coming up with hypotheticals is problematic I guess. I suppose it could be a non-issue then, as I can't think of any examples. But the general question would be:

If you have an ability with a prerequisite action that must be met prior to an effect taking place (a la Jump/Sprint/etc), and you don't have the ability when the action begins, but do have it when it ends, does the effect trigger?

As I said, pure conjecture at this point so don't really need an answer.

GalacticCongressman
03-29-2012, 10:15 AM
You can beast out when you feat.

petegrrrr
03-29-2012, 10:17 AM
He was referring to beasting out from damage.

wvieira422
03-30-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm gonna like this question to The WWstalker Sprint animus that happened in one game i played. so the stalker charges kills a bunch of stuff then the play decides to use the stalker animus to sprint away. however! the stalker did not meet the requirements to activate sprint. here is why...

The model with sprint must destroy one enemy model to benefit from sprint. Stalker was not effected by sprint at the time he killed the models thus doesn't trigger sprint.

Bringing it back to your question, if kromac advances in human form without jump and finishes his normal advance without it then feats. he cannot jump as jump is used after the model with jump ends it's normal move.

A triggered ability cannot be triggered if the conditions were met before model was effected by that ability!

Crate123
03-30-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm gonna like this question to The WWstalker Sprint animus that happened in one game i played. so the stalker charges kills a bunch of stuff then the play decides to use the stalker animus to sprint away. however! the stalker did not meet the requirements to activate sprint. here is why...

The model with sprint must destroy one enemy model to benefit from sprint. Stalker was not effected by sprint at the time he killed the models thus doesn't trigger sprint.

Bringing it back to your question, if kromac advances in human form without jump and finishes his normal advance without it then feats. he cannot jump as jump is used after the model with jump ends it's normal move.

A triggered ability cannot be triggered if the conditions were met before model was effected by that ability!

Yes that was established in the thread he linked to already. He asks what would happen if you suddenly achieved the ability mid-move. I have no idea and since I cant come up with any scenario where something like that would even happen, its not something I dwell upon.

Valander
03-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Beast Out - When this model suffers damage from an enemy attack during an opponentʼs turn while in human form, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can spend 1 fury point to take beast form. Replace its human model with the beast model. Effects on the replaced model are applied to the beast model.A free strike will not trigger the shift to Beast Form. So question is not relevant, since it isn't a legal situation.

Closing "hypothetical" question.