PDA

View Full Version : Old Player coming back to ask questions about MKII

Reckless
02-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi guys, this is my first post here. I was a regular Warmachine gamer a long time ago, way back when Magnus was the only merc caster. I had to leave the game for financial reasons, now i'm back and i've had to restart collecting models for this awesome game. I've bought the MKII book and bought the merc deck and am now playing games regular, and i'm needing some help with some rules, because MKII seems to be a new set of rules and even some of the veteran players where i game at seem to kinda mix up these rules and the new rules, and im gonna need some clarification, so here i go:

1. When a model gets pushed into another model, what happens to the model that just got pushed into? In my gaming group, they seem to insist that it follows the same rules for getting slammed into, i.e. knockdown, collateral damage, etc. Dont see it in the book, if u do, could i get a page number for reference

2. On some of the warjack's stat cards, some of them have ROF of more than 1, can a 'jack shoot it's entire ROF in one activation without having to do anything special? My gaming group says that the first shot is free, then a focus must be spent for each additional shot wishing to be fired. As above i dont see this anywhere in the MKII rule book.

I appreciate any answersfrom yall
Thanks from an old newb

Dino-Czar
02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
1)There is no collateral damage from a push.
2)You must either spend focus or have access to an effect in order to make attacks beyond the first. This actually hasn't changed at all.

edit: If (2) isn't there you might also look at the rules for warjacks spending focus.

blitzmonkey
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Also, a push is stopped when it contacts a model. For instance, if I have Typhon in Base to Base with a lancer, I can't take Typhon and push the carnivean into the lancer, thus pushing them both back.

Hjelmen0
02-09-2010, 07:15 AM
0) You really should only ask one question per thread. Doing that makes the rules forum a lot easier to search through to find if your question has been answered previously :)

1) A pushed model that contacts another model just stops. There is no damage to either model and no knockdown. The Push rules are very clear on this, reread the rules on pushes on pg. 52, especially the sub-section Being Pushed, where you'll find the following paragraph:

Being Pushed
A pushed model moves at half rate through rough terrain, suffers the effects of any hazards it moves through, and stops if it contacts an obstacle, obstruction, or another model. Emphasis mine.

2) Your group is correct. The first shot is the initial attack (which counts towards the weapons ROF), which is "free", and then the model can use focus to buy attacks up to its ROF. Read the rules on pg. 56 under the heading Ranged Combat and the rules for Focus: Additional Attack on pages 73 and 75, for warjacks and warcasters respectively.