PDA

View Full Version : Casting spells/animi and running

tzeentchling9
03-30-2012, 05:44 AM
I know that the rulebook says that a caster who runs can not cast spells. Does that mean a caster can not cast spells before running, or just not after running?

Also, I was told that a beast being forced to use his animus counts as casting a spell, and so can not run afterwards. If this correct?

Thanks.

quindraco
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM
I know that the rulebook says that a caster who runs can not cast spells. Does that mean a caster can not cast spells before running, or just not after running?

Also, I was told that a beast being forced to use his animus counts as casting a spell, and so can not run afterwards. If this correct?

Thanks.

1) You cannot cast spells in any activation you run, so no, you cannot cast spells and then run.
2) You can't use your animus and then run.

Nafael
03-30-2012, 10:20 AM

Thanks.

It should be noted that forcing a beast to use an animus is not casting a spell, however it does follow all the rules of spell casting, and can't be done when a model is running.