PDA

View Full Version : Mortenebra Feat ReRoll and Desecrator and "Critical Shred"

Trygle
03-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Desecrator has Critical Shred, which means that on a critical hit, you make another attack against the target.

Mortenebra's Feat, can have you reroll attack and damage rolls but can only reroll each roll once.

My question is:

Since Critical Shred grants another attack, Is each new attack granted by Critical Shred considered a different and unique roll for the purposes of the feat?

Here is the scenario I have in mind to better explain my question:

Desecrator makes an attack under Mortenebra's feat.
The attack hits but player chooses to reroll for a chance at a critical effect.
The critical attempt is successful, damage is done, and a new attack is generated.

Am I allowed to reroll the new and subsequent attacks for a greater chance at another Critical Shred?

quindraco
03-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Desecrator has Critical Shred, which means that on a critical hit, you make another attack against the target.

Mortenebra's Feat, can have you reroll attack and damage rolls but can only reroll each roll once.

My question is:

Since Critical Shred grants another attack, Is each new attack granted by Critical Shred considered a different and unique roll for the purposes of the feat?

Here is the scenario I have in mind to better explain my question:

Desecrator makes an attack under Mortenebra's feat.
The attack hits but player chooses to reroll for a chance at a critical effect.
The critical attempt is successful, damage is done, and a new attack is generated.

Am I allowed to reroll the new and subsequent attacks for a greater chance at another Critical Shred?

Yes. 10 chars.

Trygle
03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Melee attacks against models that are knocked down or stationary automatically hit. You do not have to roll. You can choose to roll if you want (e.g., if you have a critical hit effect that you might want to trigger), and in that case the model has a base DEF of 5. If you do roll, and roll all 1s, the attack will miss due to the rules for rolling all 1s.

My response....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs