PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about Units receiving the Charge Order

oninofro
03-30-2012, 01:14 PM
So a unit activates and declares a charge.
During the time of charge declaration, does the unit declare it's charge targets or is each model resolved "individually" after other models in the unit have moved but before attacking?

JacobtheAussie
03-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Activate unit and declare Charge Order
You now move throughout the unit moving them individually in the straight line to the target of their charge checking LOS and who has move 3"+
Continue moving the entire unit, once all models have moved (Or not if they are already in melee) then commenced the combat actions

NB - it is completely possible that you can screw the ending models LOS for charge targets by blocking with your own models

SageofLodoss
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
So a unit activates and declares a charge.
During the time of charge declaration, does the unit declare it's charge targets or is each model resolved "individually" after other models in the unit have moved but before attacking?

*Declare Charge/Run Order
*Go to individual model and declare his charge target.
*Attempt to move into melee in a straight line towards charge target.
*Declare charge target for another model in the unit.
*Continue until all have charged or ran.
*Make all attacks in the order you choose.

Valander
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Also note that when you give a charge order, each model must charge or run. You can decide that on a per-model basis as you execute the movement for each model. E.g.:

Get charge order.
For each model in unit:
declare run or charge
if charging, declare charge target
move model
After all models have moved, make attacks for those that charged.

Ninja'd by SageofLodoss, though I will say there is no such thing as a "Charge/Run" order. There is a Charge order, and a Run order. ;) (The Charge order specifically allows you to either charge or run, though.)

SageofLodoss
03-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Ninja'd by SageofLodoss, though I will say there is no such thing as a "Charge/Run" order. There is a Charge order, and a Run order. ;) (The Charge order specifically allows you to either charge or run, though.)

Ah yes, technically true. 'Tis a pretty strong slang term in my meta to declare "They get a Charge/Run order."

Valander
03-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Ah yes, technically true. 'Tis a pretty strong slang term in my meta to declare "They get a Charge/Run order."
I think it is everywhere, honestly, but it's my Purple Job to point things out like that. ;)

Coffee_twitch
03-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh Valander, sometimes your posts really make me chuckle :D

rydiafan
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
So, is there any reason for the Run order to exist, if the Charge order allows running?

JosephKerr
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
If you have a SPD debuff you cannont issue a charge order/charge in general.

Valander
03-30-2012, 03:15 PM
So, is there any reason for the Run order to exist, if the Charge order allows running?
New questions should get new threads...

;)

(Though in this case, please don't really open a new thread. Discussion about "why" rules exist isn't really the topic of the forum. Conceivably, there could be abilities/effects that specifically disallowed a Charge Order, so there is also the Run Order.)