PDA

View Full Version : Mini's Height + Base affect LoS?

Ashdown X
03-31-2012, 06:05 AM
I am getting ready to base my Cinerators and I like a nice detailed base. Well my base is going to add about 1/2" to 3/4" to their overall height. Will this affect LoS in games?
"Your Cinerator's heads are peeping over that wall, BAM head-shot (think Unreal Tourny)." I am new so I haven't played yet and I was curious about that. Thanks for the help

Ash.

@ndreas
03-31-2012, 06:09 AM
... nope, it won't.
Each model has a declared height and model volume, dependent on the base size, any modifying/basing won't change that rulewise.

pg. 43 (Prime MKII): determining model volume "a model is considered to occupy a standard volume regardless of its pose or the size of the sculpt itself"

So when playing you have to define the terrain features before starting to play, and when there are specific walls/obstructing constructions, the height you define will determine if any model will get hidden behind it or not (related to its base size and thus to its defined height).

poeticruse
03-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Terrain interaction with LOS is completely dependent on model volume.

A model is considered to occupy a standard volume regardless of its pose or the size of the sculpt itself.

Primal, p. 43, Determining Model Volume diagram

Edit: Ninja'd!

Ashdown X
03-31-2012, 06:13 AM
Word, thanks guys I really appreciate the pro advance!