PDA

View Full Version : eDenny's Feat vs. Aiming bonus...

Corpsemourn
04-05-2012, 07:29 PM
So I believe it was eDenny's feat that pulses and has the effect of Shadowbind. A model affected by Shadowbind cannot move except to change facings. So can it still sacrifice its movement to get the aiming bonus?

Valander
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes, since it still has movement available (though there are restrictions on it from the feat). Remember, too, that if you forfeit movement, you cannot change facing, as that is considered an advance.

Vaden Khale
04-06-2012, 01:46 AM
What about Prime pg 65, paragraph 4: A model cannot forfeit its movement if it cannot move or does not have a movement available. Since Shadow Bind says you can't move (with an exception) wouldn't you then be unable to forfeit movement for aiming bonus?

FearLord
04-06-2012, 02:15 AM
What about Prime pg 65, paragraph 4: A model cannot forfeit its movement if it cannot move or does not have a movement available. Since Shadow Bind says you can't move (with an exception) wouldn't you then be unable to forfeit movement for aiming bonus?

No, because a model effected with Shadow Bind can still move, it just can't do it very well. It still can take a movement portion of its activation as normal (where it would be allowed to change facing). Therefore, this can still be forfeited as normal for an effect, such as the aiming bonus.

solkan
04-06-2012, 06:00 AM

To be more specific, and counter with a rules quote, Prime Mk II, page 46, the third paragraph under Movement:

A model can change its facing at any time during its advance, but when it moves it must always move in the direction it is facing.
and what Shadow Bind says on page 184 is

... when it advances it cannot move except to change facing.

You cannot ignore the second part of the highlighted phrase because it completely changes the meaning from cannot move to can only move in a very limited manner.

Vaden Khale
04-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Hmm, I guess me and my PGs got it wrong then. We always thought that since you can't forfeit if you can't move, and Shadow Bind says you can't move except for face changing, you can't forfeit under Shadow Bind.